Kept both ovaries, EXTREMELY moody... - Page 115 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > HysterSisters Connecting Friends > Friends Without Faces

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Kept both ovaries, EXTREMELY moody... Kept both ovaries, EXTREMELY moody...

Unread 07-03-2008, 05:22 PM
Kept both ovaries, EXTREMELY moody...

Hi Debbie, Will be kkeeping you in my thoughts..............but a papsmear, I was told we didn't have to have them anymore!!! what the?????? I pray everything is OK and maybe the problem is no cervix................ I thought the days were over for that phone call..........Please let us know how you are after the doctors..............

Happy 4th July xxxxxxx

Kerrie
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-03-2008, 05:45 PM

Wish I could say the same as all of you... I have had a rough year and off work now with major depression. I can't seem to feel ok.
I was diagnosed with fibromyalgia, finding it hard to find the blessings in front of me.
Any advice?
Donna
Unread 07-03-2008, 07:16 PM

Oh Donna, so sorry to hear your news, I believe one of our other ladies has also been diagnosed with fibromyalgia also,.... Depression is not a good thing to be dealt, I have no great advise for you but am hoping for you light is at the end of your tunnel. The experience I have with depression was post natal, it took a while to get through, and I was a little scared when having this surgery that it may come back, as had been advise that with trauma it can rear its head, thank goodness did feel blue alittle but nothing too bad.............I send to you my good wishes and know someone is always here to listen

Kerrie
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-03-2008, 08:33 PM

Donna - talk to your doctor about the depression, and see what s/he recommends. Some time after my hyster, I started having a lot of menopausal and depression symptoms and I cannot take hrt. My gyn didn't seem to take me seriously, but my primary dr did and put me on prozac. It has helped quite a bit. I also take 400mg vitamin E at bedtime, which was recommended my a nurse friend.

The fibromyalgia is very unpredictable - I have a close friend with it. Find a good doctor who has dealt with it, and willing to work with you. My friend has found that exercise (walking, etc) helps her.

I pray that you are able to get some relief from both conditions. And as Kerrie said - there is always someone here to listen.

Unread 07-03-2008, 08:45 PM
MY Hysterversary! :)

Today's my day! Been a whole year, my goodness. For the most part, I am doing okay. Something is going on in there though, been having some "belly issues" I have an ultrasound scheduled for next week as per my gyno. It could be scar tissue since I have had 3 abdominal surgeries over the years... so, we'll see.
Unread 07-03-2008, 08:46 PM

Debbie, I am so sorry to hear this. I too thought you didn't need a pap w/out a cervix. Please keep us posted!!! Hang in there. Hopefully it is nothing! Sending you hugs...
Unread 07-04-2008, 11:21 PM

Thanks Ginny - that is what I am praying for too, as I do not have time or strength to be sick - so I am claiming it is a false reading or something minor. I'll definitely let you all know, I don't need the stress.

My DD died suddenly 2 weeks ago, leaving a 10 yr old dd, who has always lived here - so we are keeping her. However, the bio. dad has 'suddenly' started contact again - like he thinks I don't know he has been a jerk, not paid child support, not kept promises, etc. Anyway, we talk to a lawyer on Monday, to hopefully start legal paperwork, but we still need to bury her too. Just pray for us to have full custody and guardianship of our dgd, and bio dad has limited contact (or goes back into the woodwork).

Isn't life fun?
Unread 07-04-2008, 11:31 PM

Debbie,

I cannot begin to tell you how sorry I am to hear your news. I am sure you are tired of hearing people say those words to you. I wish I could give you a hug right now and let you cry on my shoulder.

It's hard enough to have to grieve for your daughter, but the fact that you have your grand daughters daddy to deal with on top of it, is just so much to bare all at once. You know your daughter is so thankful that you are doing all you can for HER precious daughter. All I can say is to try and hang in there. It is going to be rough times for awhile. May you find strength in family and friends now. If you ever want to talk, private message me, and I will give you my email address, ok? Sometimes it helps to talk to someone not directly involved in the situation.

Thinking about you!
Unread 07-05-2008, 01:03 AM

Debbie, we send you and your family our sincere sympathy, I am so sad at what has happened.........no words can make you feel any better at this extreemly sad time.

Our thoughts are with you

Kerrie
Unread 07-06-2008, 09:23 AM

Dear Debbie,

My thoughts and prayers go out to you and your family during this unthinkable time. My prayers are also with you that things will work out in your favor with your dgd.

Is this your dd that was not feeling well last year and was in the hospital? I am so very sorry this happened. I will also pray that your test come back okay and that your appt goes well.

Sending many prayers and hugs your way!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register