Kept both ovaries, EXTREMELY moody... - Page 15 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > HysterSisters Connecting Friends > Friends Without Faces

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Kept both ovaries, EXTREMELY moody... Kept both ovaries, EXTREMELY moody...

Unread 07-26-2007, 06:50 AM
Kept both ovaries, EXTREMELY moody...

Hey Lala thanks for the biology lesson. Maybe My heads in the wrong placeLOL
Its a new day and Im going to try and conquer it the best I can. My nerves are kinda shot already as I have my 4wk post-op this morning and my interview this afternoon. YIKES

Dear Donna,

Sorry to hear that you are going through a rough spot. I was laying in bed last night thinking when anyone asks me how Im feeling from this point Im just going to say wonderful, just peechy, fabulous, it couldnt get any better!(Because they really dont care and thats what they want to hear anyway). Last night I was taking laundry out of the dryer and when I was carrying it I tripped over one of my DD shoes and went flying on the ground. My DH who is usually pretty caring yelled at me like I was stupid. So when he finally got around to asking if I was alright I just replied "Im fine". My insicion didnt feel so hot but I knew I was ok and he didnt want to hear anything else.
Oh well I guess not being in our shoes people just dont understand. I hope you have a better day today.

Good Morning and Hugs to all my sisters out there in Hysterville!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-26-2007, 07:10 AM

dear hope

s and s for you today for your appt and your interview.

and just what are you doing carrying laundry? I would have been tempted to put a little ben gay in DH's shorts after that episode (gee wonder why Im single when I am such a prize! )

In response to How are you? I usually say great or -- for anything from okay to the walking dead -- Hanging in there.

another great answer is just to say how are you back. must people dont notice or dont care anyway (as you already know)

but I care!! how are you?

lala
Unread 07-26-2007, 07:18 AM

Gee thanks Lala ,

How am I: well actually much better now that I have hugs and prayers comming from one of my sisters! I like the ben gay idea! Also I really like the how are you back!

And by the way How are you?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-26-2007, 07:46 AM

I am much better today!! I moved from sad to angry over someone who ticked me off (male of course...) and i have found that angry actually feels much more healthy and perky!! who knew?

thanks for asking!

lala
Unread 07-26-2007, 10:09 AM

Dear Hope and Lala,

I totally relate to the whole 'how are you', because they really don't care. It is the standard question for 'people like us'. Because if we really told someone like I did, they look at you like you have lost your mind and say, ' I just asked how you were doing, I didn't ask for a paragraph'...******* <oops! please do not attempt to override the censor!> ! Then don't ask me! So, I am just the standard answer now of ' I'm doing fine, great, better, and thanks for asking'. I do like Lala's answer back of 'well how are you', I'm going to try that one. I love a good smart-*** <oops! please do not attempt to override the censor!>!!
Unread 07-26-2007, 10:45 AM

Hi Sisters! I have been visiting with family for the last few days so I haven't been around. I've been reading through the posts and thought I would share what my Dr. said at my 4 week post op today. I asked him if i was hormonal or just plain crazy?! He said it COULD be hormones and that MAYBE my ovaries are sleeping but it's probably just a very normal reaction to very major surgery. He said that between the physical trauma to the body and the mental anguish of wanting to do more and not being able to do more, that depression and mood swings are very normal and I just need to be gentle with myself. He said that I had major surgery to feel better and I'm not feeling better yet and if you add that on top of the other stuff that we're all perfect candidates for depression. I'm still very weepy, but I guess I feel better knowing that I'm not abnormal for feeling that way. So let's look at it as a math equation....

Physical trauma + Frustration + Disappointment + No sex - hormones = Crazy women!!!

At least it's not lonely on the crazy train!! Chins up, we'll all make it - maybe we'll only make it to the funny farm, but we'll make it somewhere
So, put your feet up, tell people you feel like Please don't override the website censor. when they ask how you are, eat some chocolate! After all, if this is a vacation (ha ha) then we should at least try to act that way once in a while!
Take care sisters!
Unread 07-26-2007, 05:20 PM

Thanks for the positive attitude Kris love the tell you feel like **** <oops! please do not attempt to override the censor!> put your feet up and eat chocolate!! Well since my dr. was not his compassionate self and I didnt have a chance to ask any questions like I explain in another thread, Ill just go with your dr.s words of wisdom. Thanks for sharing. Its been a huge emotional day but my sisters alway cheer me up. Heck if Im going crazy at least Im not going alone!!

Dear Lala,

I agree I had a moment of madness yesterday and it did feel better to me mad. Maybe I should be mad at my dr. but that just makes me sad because he was so compassionate before, and when I had some complications at 5days post op. oh well I guess hes human.
Unread 07-26-2007, 05:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kris916
Physical trauma + Frustration + Disappointment + No sex - hormones = Crazy women!!!

At least it's not lonely on the crazy train!! Chins up, we'll all make it - maybe we'll only make it to the funny farm, but we'll make it somewhere
So, put your feet up, tell people you feel like Please don't override the website censor. when they ask how you are, eat some chocolate! After all, if this is a vacation (ha ha) then we should at least try to act that way once in a while!
Take care sisters!
Too funny... thanks for the laugh... I needed that!
Unread 07-27-2007, 09:25 AM

I apologize if I was too forth-coming or negative yesterday in my post. It just felt good to get out some anger that I was building up. I do not feel that I have really bonded with this thread, so I'll remove myself from these discussions.

Have a wonderful day, and GOD BLESS YOU ALL!
Unread 07-27-2007, 09:30 AM

dear ANNA, you might not come back to read this -- but I thought your sentiments were perfectly in keeping with an extremely moody thread!

I was a crazy person this week -- angry when i shouldnt have been! and now i feel like an idiot. rollercoaster mania!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register