Kept both ovaries, EXTREMELY moody... - Page 16 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > HysterSisters Connecting Friends > Friends Without Faces

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Kept both ovaries, EXTREMELY moody... Kept both ovaries, EXTREMELY moody...

Unread 07-27-2007, 09:47 AM
Kept both ovaries, EXTREMELY moody...

Dear Anna,

I agree with Lala 100% you werent being negative or forth coming just honest. I think we all feel the same way and moods come in many different ways. Sad, anger, frustration and so on. Dont ever apologize for being honest with your thoughts at any moment!
Hope you do come back.

Hey Lala,
Im thinking that maybe you used your cane on me last night because I cant possibly feel this bad from swimming for a little while and when I say swim I really mean floating around the pool. Not only does my swelly belly hurt but I ache in every joint possible. Oh my Ive turned into such a Whimp!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-27-2007, 09:51 AM

dear hope, ironic -- i was just gearing myself up to go to the gym and float in the pool!!

the first times hurt so bad of course i want to head back for more!

I really worry I blew something (not a pun) with this great guy I have liked forever with my rollercoaster-ness. I guess if he is really great it wont matter.

are you feeling better today hope?
Unread 07-27-2007, 10:06 AM

Look out Sisters.... I'm on the mean side of the roller coaster today! I had a fabulous day yesterday, felt good, got good news from the doctor.... today I'm MISERABLE I hurt every where, my belly feels like I got punched by a giant and my incision is oozing again and went right through my pants while I was at Target. Not a good day! Not to mention that I had to break my dh's heart and tell him that I'm revoking my clearance I got yesterday! He was very gentle last night and nothing hurt during, but I think that's why I'm hurting today. Of course he feels horrible and guilty - not his fault!
Well, thanks for letting me vent. I think I'm going to take my first percocet in over 2 weeks and take a nap... maybe my rollercoaster will move along the track to a happier place while I sleep. I better improve my mood or I'm going to get kicked off the crazy train and end up all alone!

Anna,
I hope you'll come back - you didn't come off as negative at all - at least no more than the rest of us!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-27-2007, 10:06 AM

Dear Lala,

Your posts and the others in the new and improved post op thread really lifted my spirits last night. That along with hugs from everyone. Anyway Im going to try hard to keep my emotions under control today. Have toyed with the thought of calling the dr. office and talking to the nurse about being emotional not getting to talk to the dr about it and having my hormones checked. Chances are Im just gonna let it go and see what happens naturally for a little longer. Im gonna keep my chin up for today and try to go with the flow(no pun intended). Im not going to expect much physically since moving at this moment seem to be a task. Thanks for asking. How are you today?

Hey like you said if that guy really is great he wont mind your emotions he might actually appreciate them. Go back today with your keen sense of humor that should win him over.
I think the pain of floating around the pool is easier to take if there is a great guy involved!!!
Unread 07-27-2007, 10:11 AM

Dear Kris,

Be reassured that you will never be alone ever your sisters will support you no matter what your mood is!! Im sorry that your having a bad day and for your pain. I would check with your dr. about your insicion though. Because we all love to call the dr. the day after we were just in.(Just kidding I really think if it soaked through it needs to be checked.)
Oh the joys of this rollercoaster never knowing where it going to be moment by moment.
I used to think it was day by day but now know it is moment by moment.

Please rest and feel better. HUGS! Keep us posted.
Unread 07-27-2007, 10:20 AM

dear hope, I tried the lexapro again last night -- and was up most the night queasy and racy (like I drank twenty red bulls chased with coffee)

that's what you get for whining to the doc about mood swings, hope dont mention it!!

I just dont think i can stick it out on them....
Unread 07-27-2007, 10:26 AM

Thanks Hope,
I know I'm never alone in this with you guys around - that's why I love this website! My Dr. told me yesterday that as long as I don't get a fever or the incision doesn't look "ugly" that it's ok for now... We'll see how the day goes!

Lala,
Your guy will understand! Just remind him of the positives of this surgery, he just has to stick it out until you get there. Just try to vent here and not to him, we'll forgive you no matter how crazy you get!!

Take care, Sisters!
Unread 07-27-2007, 10:38 AM

Dear Lala,

I hear you with sticking it out. Its shocking how they must hear so much about the emotional side of it but tend to not want to hear that. Mine dr. avoided it like the plague so Im going to try and ride it out(pun is intended!) My only aggrevation about that is that it should just be standard to test hormones post op. He did no blood work at all.

Dear Kris,
My insicions was also oozing yesterday at my appt and he just said alcohol or neosporin.
Hopefully yours doesnt get worse.

Alright lastly how to all of you sisters still have some percocet left to take. My dr. only gave me 20 Tylenol #3 and amazingly I have spread them out and have 1 lonley pill left. Not that I want to be dependent on pain meds and I really have not used much but there are just some nights(last night being one) that plain tylenol or motrin do not cut it.
Unread 07-27-2007, 10:55 AM

Hope,
My Dr. gave me 40 percocet and I have quite a few left. They make me way too loopy to take them unless desparate! I'm also on the stubborn side - so I'll hurt for a long time without taking anything. My biggest issue was the horrible nightmares I had on them (when I could sleep) so I opted to stop those pretty quicly... not to mention the constipation issues! I'm not sure I'd have many left if I was only given 20!!

Good luck and happy healing
Unread 07-27-2007, 11:01 AM

Kris,
I know where your comming from with the nightmares. I cant take percocet thats why I have the Tylenol #3 and I have really spread it out only taking them at night when Ive over did it.
But they really help to take the edge of on those particular days.

I hope your day is getting better for you!!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register