Kept both ovaries, EXTREMELY moody... - Page 17 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > HysterSisters Connecting Friends > Friends Without Faces

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Kept both ovaries, EXTREMELY moody... Kept both ovaries, EXTREMELY moody...

Unread 07-27-2007, 11:37 AM
Kept both ovaries, EXTREMELY moody...

My doc must think I'm an addict LOL... he's given me more Darovcet and Toradol yesterday and both came with refils... I guess it's because he said I was not supposed to be rationing them and to take them on a regular basis.... I kinda got lectured about not taking my

Weird how docs are so different!!

Sending big s to all today.... I'm too out of it today to be moody.... soooooo tired..... sigh
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-27-2007, 12:07 PM

We definitely shouldn't suffer in pain! We're not drug seeking fools that had a toothache, we all had major surgery! Maybe we all need to give ourselves a break and stop hoping for an instantaneous recoery

Hope,
My day is getting better - I avoided the percocet but did lay down for a little while. Now I'm just going to camp out on the couch until my hubby gets home with dinner
Unread 07-27-2007, 12:41 PM

Hi ladies, been following your thread and laughing my behind off. Haven't chimed in because I'm still pretty balanced (I think that one lonely ovary has deci,ed to be my friend) or so I thought. Now after reading what pain meds your taking and how often, I've decided I'm too doped up to now the difference! I've already gone through 122 500mg vicodin since I came home on the 5th. Tried getting off them and just doing Tylenol, and it worked for a couple days. Kept tossing 2 nights ago and I think I twisted and pulled something while sleeping since I started spotting again the following day. Of course it didn't help any this morning when Danny dropped back by home to see me on the way running an errand for work and woke me up, in the process, forgetting Monte, our 38 lb bassett-doxie was in bed with me still. Yup, Monte got excited about seeing daddy and stepped on mom's belly trying to get to daddy! Needless to say, spotting has now gone to bleeding and I can hardly walk now. Poor guy felt so bad. Which brings to mind that I may want to borrow Lala's cane to hit the man over the head! Hmmmm, maybe I'm touchier than I thought???????
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-27-2007, 01:06 PM

Laura,

Glad you chimed in... you made me laugh! As always, I can use a laugh

Sorry to hear your pup ran over your belly... mine are quite a bit smaller, but hurt just as much it seems... then there's my 4 yr old... who thinks my belly is his own personal "bean bag chair" LOL He's been doing pretty good until today.

I had blood work done today and he asked what they did and my dh told him they took mommy's blood to test it to make sure everything was okay and my son said "so mommy will feel better" and my dh said yes.... now he thinks I feel better.... cute

I don't know how my dh deals with biting his poor head off every day, but he is.... hope to get off this ride soon (hmmmm I keep saying that don't I LOL)
Unread 07-27-2007, 01:08 PM

I've decided that a cane should be part of a post-op package we all get! It could be used to knock out old men with stupid comments, bop our hubbies when they don't clean right, reach our remote or snacks.... whatever! Maybe that will be my new job - I'll market canes to post-hysterectomy patients
Unread 07-27-2007, 01:15 PM

Okay.... I'm losing it today.... yesterday was almost an all day affair with having the hour drive to the doc, the visit and the hour drive back.... then the doc appt today which is only 15 minutes away, but had to "tour" the hospital to go get my blood work done and stuff.... now all of a sudden I'm in MAJOR pain (within the past 15-30 minutes) and its gettting worse... took my Darvocet at 11 or so this morning, so can't take it again till 5.... my dh is gonna go pick up my new so that I can take a Toradol.... sheesh this bites!!! I haven't been this bad for about a week.... and to top it off.... getting major hot flashes too.

It's amazing how quickly my mood is changing... I WAS doing pretty good... feeling relieved with getting 2 more weeks off.... chatting w/my mom... ordering some good books from barnes and noble since they have an awesome summer sale going on.... and now... I just wanna crawl under a rock and hide

Help!
Unread 07-27-2007, 01:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kris916
I've decided that a cane should be part of a post-op package we all get! It could be used to knock out old men with stupid comments, bop our hubbies when they don't clean right, reach our remote or snacks.... whatever! Maybe that will be my new job - I'll market canes to post-hysterectomy patients
Your's cleans????? Can I borrow him????? I'm still pretty broken as Danny likes to remind me. That man promised to keep our house for me while I was healing, but he's done 2 loads of laundry and vacuumed once in 3 weeks. We have 3 dogs, 95 lbs, 65 lbs, 38 lbs and a long hair cat that all live in the house with us. Plus we are a mile off paved roads in the desert so dust is an issue. I'm a clean freak so it's driving me nuts to the point of thinking of hiring someone to come in and clean. Another thought, I could pimp him out to pay for it, she just has to be really really ugly. Hmmm, could kill 2 birds with one stone. This way we both get our needs meant I should probably go now before I get in trouble.
Unread 07-27-2007, 01:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dolphin1173
Okay.... I'm losing it today.... yesterday was almost an all day affair with having the hour drive to the doc, the visit and the hour drive back.... then the doc appt today which is only 15 minutes away, but had to "tour" the hospital to go get my blood work done and stuff.... now all of a sudden I'm in MAJOR pain (within the past 15-30 minutes) and its gettting worse... took my Darvocet at 11 or so this morning, so can't take it again till 5.... my dh is gonna go pick up my new so that I can take a Toradol.... sheesh this bites!!! I haven't been this bad for about a week.... and to top it off.... getting major hot flashes too.

It's amazing how quickly my mood is changing... I WAS doing pretty good... feeling relieved with getting 2 more weeks off.... chatting w/my mom... ordering some good books from barnes and noble since they have an awesome summer sale going on.... and now... I just wanna crawl under a rock and hide

Help!
Awwww sweetie, you need a Jager-bomb or 2. I pretty much have a full bar here so if you'd rather something else I can probably help.
Unread 07-27-2007, 01:43 PM

Desiree,
I'm sorry you've hit a low point today. I'm much better since laying around on the couch for 4 hours!! You probably just overdid it a bit... lay low, get comfy and try to ride it out. Your new pills will be there soon! Hang in there, we're thinking of you! I guess we're all running into that "2 steps forward, 1 step back..."
Take care of yourself!
Unread 07-27-2007, 03:35 PM

Hey everybody I just decided to join planet earth again and get back out of bed. I have been in and out of bed most the day. Im in a lot of pain today and sweating like crazy. So I decided to take it easy. Is anyone still having bowel issues. Just when I think my have straightened out Im right back to intense cramps (Ill just leave it at that).

Dear Desiree,
Glad to hear from you. Hang in there dear. Its like I said it moment to moment rather than day by day. Take your toradol and put your feet up and Im sending you a HUG! Im comming down there to see your dr.

Kris,
Im glad your day is getting better! I agree with the fact that were not drug seeking fools.
I kinda feel ripped off in the sense that there was no way I could have even approached the topic of asking for more pain meds. I basically have only been taking a Tylenol #3 at night here and there since I got home and my dr. thinks Im a slow healer because I came in with problems before my 4wk post op. Give me a break. Im sure Im not the only one. I dont think using 19 Tylenol #3 in a month qualifies me as a whimp! Sorry to rant.

Dear Morti,
Thanks for the laughs. Hope your belly feels better soon!

Hey Lala,
Did you run off with that great guy? Hey you could always pretend to be drowning in the pool to get his attention! I think we are all looking to borrow your cane today!!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register