Kept both ovaries, EXTREMELY moody... - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > HysterSisters Connecting Friends > Friends Without Faces

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Kept both ovaries, EXTREMELY moody... Kept both ovaries, EXTREMELY moody...

Unread 07-18-2007, 11:51 AM
Kept both ovaries, EXTREMELY moody...

Can definitely use any laughs I can get You'd think with all the hysters performed that the docs would've figured out a better way to help us post-op by now!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-18-2007, 12:09 PM

dear hopeforpeace -- you totally terrified me with the surgery date in that post -- then I realized it was a typo! 97 instead of 07!

I thought ten YEARS!! here i am slugging it away day by day -- ill never make it through ten years of the blues!!

it put it in perspective though! it WONT be this way ten years from now -- and that is why i had the surgery!
Unread 07-18-2007, 01:54 PM

Dear lalawoman,

Sorry to scare you like that. Your right I sure don't want to feel this way 10 years from now. In fact Im hoping I wont feel this way in 10 days. But I guess it just needs to be day by day. In your opion or anyone elses do you feel like you could'nt wait to have surgery and be done out of pain and be able to rest and relax and feel somewhat renewed. Well then surgery is over in a flash hospital stay is over with no sleep and then home where you are anxious and full of emotions and can't sleep or rest. Well then you get to say 3 weeks and feel guilty about feeling this way and start doing more and feel like a whimp about being sore or tired and still cant sleep. Oh my Im carrying on. Anyway I guess it is just day by day and hopefully ovaries will kick back in and we can all become our happy social selves again. Anyway sorry for the type o. Anyone farther out with emotion becoming stable would love to hear from you!!!

Want to be me again!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-18-2007, 01:58 PM

Hi! I just started a new post, but I guess I should have looked here... I'm in the same boat. 3 weeks out and feeling a bit psycho - cry, yell, laugh, yell, cry, mope..... phew, it's not just me. Pollyanna is definitely not living at my house this week - and if anyone knows where she is, don't tell my dh, he might go find her!
Seriously, I am glad that it seems to be normal to be a bit moody - I may have my hormones checked if I still feel this way at my 4 week app't next week.
Thanks for the support and laughs!
Unread 07-18-2007, 01:59 PM

hopeforpeace,

You pretty much summed it up! I was nervous and anxious about the surgery, but I seem more anxious afterwards!! I feel like such a bum. I was just telling my dh about how I feel like I should be doing better than I am... he keeps trying to reassure me that I'm doing just fine... but I sure don't feel like it sometimes. I just had to have another pain med called in for me... somthing less in strength than my dillaudid, but stronger than tyllenol or motrin.

Sometimes, I just feel like I am so behind in the healing.... but my doc's nurse keeps telling me that I'm doing fine. Sigh.... I agree with you... I just want to be me again too!
Unread 07-18-2007, 02:11 PM

It's amazing how many of us feel the same, isn't it? Wish it wasn't the case though, but at the same time, it's nice to not be alone!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kris916
Hi! I just started a new post, but I guess I should have looked here... I'm in the same boat. 3 weeks out and feeling a bit psycho - cry, yell, laugh, yell, cry, mope..... phew, it's not just me. Pollyanna is definitely not living at my house this week - and if anyone knows where she is, don't tell my dh, he might go find her!
Seriously, I am glad that it seems to be normal to be a bit moody - I may have my hormones checked if I still feel this way at my 4 week app't next week.
Thanks for the support and laughs!
Unread 07-18-2007, 03:02 PM

Desiree,
It is nice to know we're not alone in this. I know it helps me to know that someone else is exactly where I am - I feel like maybe it's just a normal part of recovery and it will pass, for me and everyone else! Until we're back to our perky, Pollyanna selves (thanks for that Lala) we can *itch to each other here!!
Good luck and happy recovery At least for a little while longer, no one can say we don't have a reason to be moody, whether is hormones or just recovery!!
Unread 07-18-2007, 03:56 PM

Hi ladies,
When did you begin feeling like this? I had my surgery (TAH/LSO) just last Tuesday and I don't know if it is the boredom or the heat but I know that I feel down and feel like crying. I felt this way a little bit yesterday but I am really feeling it today. I don't want to admit it but I am feeling pretty miserable between that and the soreness and pulling of my incision.

Is it too early for my remaining ovary to be kicking in? I was unfortunately subject to a monthly reminder of ovulation. I know I painfully ovulated from my right ovary (the ovary kept) about a month ago. During surgery, the doctor found that my right fallopian tube was covered with cysts and removed it - the ovary was fine.
Unread 07-18-2007, 04:01 PM

I had "extreme" hot flashes and cold sweats for the first 2-3 wks after surgery (I kept both ovaries) they have died down some, but not gone completely... I'm still trying to figure out if my ovaries are "awake" or not! Not sure there is a cut & dry answer on that one. My moods have been up & down since I got home from the castle... but this past week or so has been the worst... I seem to get mad much easier and sad/depressed easier too. Silly comercials make me cry now... and I'm NOT one to cry much, so this is all new to me. Again, it's just so darned frustrating!!
Unread 07-18-2007, 04:09 PM

I think my date is a little earlier than many of the ladies. I will say that this week is getting better finally. i thought I would feel this way at three weeks. And that would be a no.

I go to the doc tomorrow, and I am praying that i can get a little more time.

Speaking of 'w'itchy, when i went for my walk today (i walk around a little manmade lake nearby, it is exactly a half mile around) I gave up my cane i had been using to walk -- which was really helpful by the way!

I cheerily called out good morning as i ambled (stumbled?) along to one fisherman. As i passed him, he yelled out Miss Miss!! you might want to speed up there!!

Just as cheerfully i yelled out, I just had surgery, but thank you for the uninvited input!

by the time I went round the lake he had scrambled into his car and left. And he was lucky i didnt have that cane. they make a great weapon.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register