Kept both ovaries, EXTREMELY moody... - Page 27 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > HysterSisters Connecting Friends > Friends Without Faces

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Kept both ovaries, EXTREMELY moody... Kept both ovaries, EXTREMELY moody...

Unread 07-29-2007, 04:08 PM
Kept both ovaries, EXTREMELY moody...

Kudos to my wonderful supportive sisters! You are always there with the right words and I cant tell you how much it means. Its hard to talk about this with others. My DH knows how Im feeling and he is supportive but he is a man(aka-prostate mate) and really doesnt know what to say!

I am thinking about trying some Tylenol PM tonight to see if that helps. Just wish my dr. would have been a little more approachable at my post-op!

My sisters are the best sisters in the Whole World. Thanks for letting me vent and your prayers, thoughts, and HUGS!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-29-2007, 04:34 PM

aw! you made me get teary!! (not that that requires a huge amount these days!)

you are not alone, hope.

lala
Unread 07-29-2007, 05:11 PM

Dear Lala,
I was just pondering at dinner and thought that you seemed to be having some more positive days lately. I know a lot of that has to do with the fact that you are a strong person and always try to have a positive attitude. I know your still struggling too. Do you feel like things are getting somewhat better for you though? I know you are only 2wk ahead of me but I was just wondering if things do seem a little better at this point? Or are you still really struggling but just putting your best foot foward? Please be honest. Im just wondering at what point all of us should expect some releif from our sleeping ovaries. It doesnt seem like anybody really knows about when this should happen. Just me thinking(can you see the smoke down there is Virginia? I live in a small town in western NY),again.

By the way Ive been so busy complaining that I almost forgot to ask; How are feeling today?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-29-2007, 05:18 PM

I just emailed a friend that after all the mood swings just okay and a little blah feels like winning the lottery!

When I hit six weeks i noticed big changes in how I felt physically, which helps but doesnt fix the mood sings. I know i perked up when Greay Guy called me -- yes, yes, call me shallow lala! -- and have been trying to maintain being even instead of happy then down then crazy -- isnt it odd that it starts with trying not to be too happy....

time DOES help!! i promise! I think so much of recovery is just suvriving long enough to let time pass to feel better. week four was still REALLY hard. just hanging in there is a victory.

It gets better i promise!

lala
Unread 07-29-2007, 05:19 PM

Hello Sisters,
I've just read all the posts from today and I keep alternating between a "hahaha" and an "awwww" We really are up and down all over the place aren't we?? I spent the day floating in my in-laws pool. I thought that would be nice and relaxing. HA! I know I read about some other sisters swimming and being sorry later. I should have listened! I did nothing but float, but I am soooo sore now. This will be night #3 of Percocet which I haven't had in a few weeks.... I guess my doctor's warning to keep going slow went in one ear and out the other!
Hope,
You and I had our surgeries on the same day and we seem to be in the same place... I'm still struggling with weird bladder pains (dr. assures me it's normal and will go away) and MAJOR mood swings.... Maybe this is exactly what 4 1/2 weeks is supposed to be like??

Dr. Lala,
What's the prescription for medicinal drinks tonight? Maybe that would be better than my percocet!

Sleep well tonight sisters!
Unread 07-29-2007, 05:19 PM

I love coming on here for our daily "chats" I feel like old friends catching up, kwim?

Anyhow, I agree with hope... on her questions about how you are feeling lala

I've been trying really hard to put my best foot forward... it works sometimes, others it doesn't. I was actually feeling pretty good tonight, so I decided I would make dinner... made homemade vegetable soup... even my 4 yr old ate the veggies But now my belly is aching really bad... I s'pose it's from the standing for so long. O'well.... the dinner was worth it. I love my dh's help but I still prefer my cooking LOL

It's raining again here... I'm one of those that enjoys the rain (as long as I'm not driving in it) so it's nice and peaceful.

Hope... I really do think things will get better... even if we do have some bumps in the road. Can you ask you GP to check your hormone levels? I'm looking forward to getting my results... hopefully it will give me more of an idea of what the heck my ovaries are doing... if they're doing anything! LOL...hmmm not sure why I'm laughing on that one... it's not really funny
Unread 07-29-2007, 05:24 PM

Shallow Lala,
So the great guy called again?! yahoo! So he's a keeper! If he can handle post-hyster mood swings, he can handle anything
You're not shallow, by the way, whatever helps the moods these days.... men, alcohol, narcotics..... whatever
Unread 07-29-2007, 05:27 PM

Kris,

welcome to the comedy corner... lol... you had me laughing about the "whatever helps the moods these days... men, alcohol, narcotics....." How about all of the above?

How have you been doing?
Unread 07-29-2007, 05:29 PM

Lala said: recovery is just suvriving long enough to let time pass to feel better

Wow, you should write a book with all of your wisdom! We could call it "Hysterectomy Survival Guide" and Chapter one could be "don't leave home without your cane!"

Seriously, maybe it is just that simple. We are all trying to push ahead to when we feel perfect again (or finally) and in the end it will happen when it happens. So, I guess we should all just camp out on this website because it helps the time pass until we feel better! Sisters definitely help the survival factor - I'm not sure I'd have survived the last 4 1/2 weeks without all of you!
Unread 07-29-2007, 05:34 PM

Desiree,
I'm afraid to mix the alcohol and narcotics, but maybe that's where I've gone wrong, maybe that's just the combo I need to get a good night's sleep - LOL The man part is not helping me this week - tried that- nope, he can wait another 4 weeks!!!!

I'm hanging in there. Week 4-5 is proving to be a tough one. I think my moods this week are being effected by my frustration that I'm not magically better this week. I had my 4 week check up and got the "all clear" to slowly start to resume my life and thought I'd wake up at 100%. Maybe the fact that I'm not released for work for another 3 weeks should have clued me in that I'm a long way from 100%!

How are you feeling?

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register