Kept both ovaries, EXTREMELY moody... - Page 3 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > HysterSisters Connecting Friends > Friends Without Faces

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Kept both ovaries, EXTREMELY moody... Kept both ovaries, EXTREMELY moody...

Unread 07-18-2007, 04:11 PM
Kept both ovaries, EXTREMELY moody...

lalawoman,

thanks again for the laughs!!! I am literally picturing you running after the guy with your cane (if you had it, which I'm sure HE'S lucky you didn't)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-18-2007, 04:16 PM

he was an elderly gentleman -- there was actually a snowball's chance i could have caught up with him. other than septugenarians and higher i am afraid the footrace is off!!

This was good practice for going back to work dolphin! I am already preparing to offer organ amputation with a plastic spoon to any who are jealous of my 'long vacation'! (if they are real nice i might let them choose which one goes...)
Unread 07-18-2007, 04:24 PM

thanks for the laughs lala woman. Desiree and others sorry you too are suffering. What I would like to know is if all of us feel the same, and this thread gets so many responses why dont the doctors do more about this!! It is nice to know from all you sisters that Im not alone. DAy by Day!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-18-2007, 04:28 PM

I don't remember where I wrote it, but that's kinda what I said... I was wondering why the docs don't have a better way to help us deal with these kinds of things since it is apparently so common??? makes you wonder where all our money goes huh?
Unread 07-18-2007, 04:37 PM

Dear Desiree,
Just wondering what perineoplasty means?
Unread 07-18-2007, 04:40 PM

I've gotten that question a lot... I actually had to look it up online because I forgot to ask my doc LOL. Basically it's just plastic surgery of the perinium (the area between your vaginal opening and your rectum). When I had my first son, he tore me up really badly because he decided he wanted to come out elbow first LOL.... so even though they did an episiotomy, he tore me the rest of the way... because of that damage, I had major bowel issues and my doc did the perinoplasty to help fix that, along with the posterior repairs. I think docs just like to use fancy words for simple things LOL
Unread 07-18-2007, 05:47 PM
Make room in the mood boat!

While I am not glad that we are all in the same mood boat, I am glad that I ran across this post! I, too, have had several bouts with irritability, more than the tears side. Maybe I just don't let myself go there!

I'll be ok for several days, then something annoys me. It can be the people in my house (fortunately for DH, he is on travel for work) or the condition of the house (I refuse to vaccuum or mop yet - let them do it! I've done it for years!), it can be the driver in front of me, etc. Surprised they don't see the smoke coming out of my ears!
I've had a short fuse the past 2 days, and fortunately I am very aware of it so I try to curb it. But, inside I am screaming. I kept my ovaries and I know that at least the right one is working, as I have had the same pain in the same spot as when I ovulate. I also have the same PMS-type symptoms as before surgery, altho the headaches have been worse.

So, how long does this last? Is a blood test for hormonal level the only way they can tell if the ovaries are working or at what level, etc.?

I am approaching 6 weeks post-op on Friday and plan to call my gyn to go in for another follow-up (I was released at my 2 week exam!); so will ask him about it - but wanted an idea before I go in!

Thanks ladies for the laughs and confirmation that I am not alone!!
Unread 07-18-2007, 05:55 PM

Heres hoping it gets better for everyone!! I dont know but maybe we should just post jokes. Id rather have a little incision pain than the emotional pain. The support on this site is a great help. Has anyone gone to their post-op and actually have their doctor bring up this subject on their own. Do they automatically check your hormones at some point post op to see if your ovaries are working, or do we the patient have to as usual put down aside our pride to tell our doctors we are suffering, to have them say really?
Unread 07-18-2007, 06:00 PM

I know that my doc's office just keeps telling me that I am doing fine... and they haven't even SEEN me since 5 days post-op... they told me that my ovaries should just kick in all of the sudden and to not worry about it... so I s'pose I'll be the one asking them to check my hormone levels SIGH... well we all have to take care of ourselves, because no one does it better

I'm just so used to being in more control of my emotions! I think that's what is frustrating.... having my emotions in control of me at times!
Unread 07-18-2007, 06:07 PM

Dear Desiree,
I know how you feel. If I was somebody who was depressed or anxious before I think I could handle it. I know in time it will probably get better and I know I would much rather my ovaries just kick in on their own and not have to go on any meds in the mean time. But at some point I will have to go back to work and get on with my life and that scares me since I would rather not face the world at this point. I have read that 50% of ovaries do not function after a hysterectomy due to decreased blood supply. So how do we know, other than blood work.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register