Kept both ovaries, EXTREMELY moody... - Page 30 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > HysterSisters Connecting Friends > Friends Without Faces

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Kept both ovaries, EXTREMELY moody... Kept both ovaries, EXTREMELY moody...

Unread 07-30-2007, 08:57 AM
Kept both ovaries, EXTREMELY moody...

Good morning sisters,

I did take some Tylenol PM last night and got an ok nights sleep, still kept waking up but better than the night before. Im feeling a little anxious today but I am going to try and put my best foot foward and have a good day.

I hope everyone had a good nights rest and is having a good morning. HUGS to all my sisters!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-30-2007, 09:03 AM

Hi hope!

No good night's rest for me, one of my best friends texted me, she had to take her hubby to the hospital at three am, he hurt his knee, so i went over in case his kids woke up.

My virtuous selfless act for the day! (my friend was sort of MIA after my surgery)...

I tried to be mean and selfish. I guess there are worse thing at which to fail!

lala
Unread 07-30-2007, 09:19 AM

Good morning ladies... well I didn't get too good of nights sleep either.... couldn't get to sleep, even with the sleep meds... then woke up really early again... did manage to doze a little after that, but still really tired.

Trying to entertain my 4 yr old this morning, my dh is out running some errands and much need alone time Luckily my son is pretty content just laying on the couch with me watching cartoons!! Hopefully his contentment will last till my dh gets back!

There must be "anxiety" in the air this morning or something... hmmm maybe I'm just going stir crazy??

Here's wishing we all have a great day.... even if it is an anxious one
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-30-2007, 09:28 AM

Dear GoodheartedLala,

Sorry that you didnt get a good nights sleep.
Just remember that you are the better person for it. I have some friends that when I cant(like postop) do anything for them they vanish. I was just thinking about how a lot of my friendship do not seem the same since my surgery. Some of it has to do with the fact that I feel different right now. The only place I feel comfortable is at home and here at hysterville with my sisters.
You deserve a nice long nap!!!

Dear Desiree,

Im sorry that you didnt get a good nights sleep either. I must not have the super powers light ObiwanprincessyodaLala, because i wished lots of ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ's for everyone before going to bed. The anxiety is tough but we can all get through it together.

Here is hoping everyones day it bright and cherry!!
Unread 07-30-2007, 09:41 AM

Hello Sisters,
I'm part of the no-sleep group today... Not sure why, just couldn't sleep! I had a few hot flashes which I haven't really had many of and I was VERY sore from swimming. Stupid, stubborn me decided to tough it out without the pain meds... By the time I was ready to give in, it was 4am and I didn't want to be foggy all day. Oh well, another lesson learned! Here's what I've learned this week.... No sex, no swimming, not hosting birthday parties for 12 7-year olds, no telling my dh that the doctor released me for whatever I'm comfortable doing...
So, now I'm on the cranky side of the roller coaster again - mostly just because I'm tired, but I'm very easily agitated today. Look out world! Maybe it's the anxiety everyone else seems to have today...

So, PrinessYodaObiLala - you can just smile today as you know that you are the better friend of the bunch! You're also entitled to a nap

Hope, your wish for zzzzzz helped you, so maybe we all need to wish for our zzzzzz's tonight - the wish fairy can't ignore it if we all wish it!

Desiree,
I've decided that it's ok for the kids to spend some time vegging out in front of the tv, especially when we're recovering. It won't kill them! Hopefully your son will hang in there for you and wait for your dh to get home before he decides to get wild!

Have a great day, Sisters!!
Unread 07-30-2007, 09:54 AM

Kris,

If there's one thing I've learned.... it's to not wait to take my meds! Sorry to hear you had such a rogh nite... take it easy with the rest of us today

Yeah, I agree... he's enjoying vegging out with me and the TV LOL... but it's only because he has noticed that "daddy" is gone yet lol once he notices that... it'll all change. It amazes me everyday how close they are... I guess it's because my son has known my dh for almost all his short life and he treats my son so much nicer and lovingly than my ex-h.

It amazes me what a little time, attention and love can do for a person's life!!

Anyhow... enough rambling.... I wish I was my cat..... she's once again passed out at my feet on the couch!
Unread 07-30-2007, 10:20 AM

Dear Kris,
Sorry you had a tough night. I hear you on the swimming thing. My kids really want me to swim today and it is hot but not sure if I want to go there. There is another post on hear about how long to wait to swim. Hopefully she waits longer than we did!! Sounds like you really have been over doing it. I hear you on 4wk post op ok to do things. Take care of yourself and get some rest! Hope you have a better day! HUGS

Dear Desiree,
Its great that your son and you DH bond so well, its a win-win situation for all of you. Its awesome to hear stories like that. I also hope that your day goes well. Yes it would be nice to be a cat and sleep whenever-no worries!

Dear Lala,
I sure hope you are taking a nice long much deserved Ciesta!!
Unread 07-30-2007, 10:22 AM

Desiree,
My husband was raised by the only "daddy" he ever knew. That's his "Dad" and he has no interest in meeting the man we call the "sperm donor!" He knows there's no biological connection, but he forgets that usually! He considers himself Polish even though he is 100% Irish by blood - it's all in the raising - I guess that's where nurture beats out nature!

Enjoy the cartoons! I just kicked my older 2 outside to play and the littlest one just went down for a nap, so now's my chance to put my feet up and listen to the noise coming through the window to know if I have to get up to stop a fight!!

Take care,
Kristen
Unread 07-30-2007, 10:26 AM

Hope,
Thanks! I've decided that I need to tell my dh to stick it and that I'm not going to destroy my recovery by doing things for him! He's super sweet usually, but I think he's tired of this. By evening he's ordering me to the couch, but already today he's called and asked me to do a few things while I'm home today. I reminded him that if I was well enough to be released to work I wouldn't be home to do it, so it will have to wait until he gets here. Not sure if I'm getting smarter, or just on the mean side of this rollercoaster

Have a good day!
Unread 07-30-2007, 10:32 AM

Kris,

My dh is the same... he doesn't know his biological... maybe that's why he's so good with both my boys?

Thanks for the comment.... the reassurance is great!

My poor little guy has to get his booster shots today... here's hoping that his mood stays chipper.... I don't think it would help my dh to have BOTH of us in a grumpy mood

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register