Kept both ovaries, EXTREMELY moody... - Page 35 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > HysterSisters Connecting Friends > Friends Without Faces

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Kept both ovaries, EXTREMELY moody... Kept both ovaries, EXTREMELY moody...

Unread 07-31-2007, 06:15 AM
Kept both ovaries, EXTREMELY moody...

So glad to hear you got a good nights sleep lala! Mine was decent... not the best, but better than most lately!

Here's hoping for a good day for everyone.

Welcome back dk hope you had a great weekend.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-31-2007, 09:15 AM

Good morning sisters!

Lala, glad that you had a good night's sleep! You deserved it! I slept so-so, on and off.

Glad to have you back DK, Arggh on the not major surgery comment. Give me a break!!Those comments are frustrating. You know the real truth and have all of us to back you up on that one. This is a major surgery and a tough recovery period. For those who think otherwise too bad!(or fill it in anyway you would like).

Its supposed to be around 90 and humid today so I might have to be brave and try the whole swimming thing again. I feel bad that my kids have not had much of a summer because of me. They keep asking to do this and that and there are some things Im just not up to yet.

Here's hoping everyone has a good day.
Unread 07-31-2007, 11:29 AM

Today I decided to look through the Recovery Progress ... thread for my dates. I have never posted there and decided to look through it. Well it was kind of depressing in that it made me feel whimpy again because so many are "breezing" through this and are doing this and that. So I decided that Im staying away from that post. Im feeling more tired and sore this week than I have in a long time and not really sure why. It that whimpy thing again.

I really hope that everones day is going well for them!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-31-2007, 11:35 AM

I'm sorry you feel wimpy... I feel that way often when I read my Recovery Progress thread too... I feel sooo behind too.... Hey, but try to remember... we ARE getting there! Day by day... don't worry about how anyone else is doing... worry about yourself, for once

Unread 07-31-2007, 11:45 AM

Thanks again Desiree for the kind words. Im trying to be patient and take it one day at a time but hate the one step back days. But thanks to you and the support of all my sisters I know I am not alone in this!

How are you doing today?
Unread 07-31-2007, 11:48 AM

I havent read that thread since I first got out of the hospital. i feel like I am doing better, and that i have worked very hard (and as we all know, sitting and doing nothing when you are hurting IS work!) at my recovery -- I stay away from there to avoid the perky protege sisters....

dear hope, I went swimming today and it was MUCH better!! I alternated swimming very slowly with walking back and forth and the pain levels were much MUCH less that before! knock wood i dont get sore later on...

I grabbed my swimsuit -- big girl size but separate top and bottom -- got to the gym and i had grabbed a black and white shirt instead of the top of my suit! this sweet older lady beside me said, well just put on your bra and put the shirt over -- I really wanted to swim so i did exactly that! but felt very absent minded!

even with my good night's sleep a nap might be very tasty...

hope my pals are having a Good Day!
Unread 07-31-2007, 11:53 AM

Dear Lala,
Was there any preening of feathers involved with this swim session today! Absent minded comes with the post-op territory!

Anyway how are you today!
Unread 07-31-2007, 12:04 PM

so far my feather preening has been just for myself.... but a girl can still hope!

I have never felt so absent minded and stupid as the last two months. today is seven weeks! the swimming felt so relaxing and nice! the water is like an antidepressant!

so it is a good day!!

I did think of two new responses to the dreaded How Are You question.... a lot of people say how are you as a greeting! I realize that I often just say Hi in response and avoid any pretense at the chipper answer. today i tried out Much Better in response. if someone actually cares enough to ask further (one nice gal at the gym did...) then it gives them an opening -- but lets those who do not care easily sidestep.
Unread 07-31-2007, 12:16 PM

Im glad its a good day Lala. Im going to try swimming again today as it is extremely hot and humid which is making me want to fall asleep. I think a swim will do me some good!!

I like the new how are you answers.

Its good news also to hear that some of my sisters are having a good day!

Talk to you a little later!
Unread 07-31-2007, 12:46 PM

fairy godmother lala is sprinkling your swim with magic Good Day fairy dust!!

dolphin and dk, there is plenty of Good Day fairy dust for you too!!

lala

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register