Kept both ovaries, EXTREMELY moody... - Page 4 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > HysterSisters Connecting Friends > Friends Without Faces

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Kept both ovaries, EXTREMELY moody... Kept both ovaries, EXTREMELY moody...

Unread 07-18-2007, 06:11 PM
Kept both ovaries, EXTREMELY moody...

What's one more stick with a needle anyhow... I've already been turned into a walking pin cusion
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-18-2007, 06:17 PM

well it is probably time for me to stop dwelling and actually do something. Good night to all the sisters. Hugs and Hope for a better tomorrow!! have a good night walking pin cushion!
Unread 07-18-2007, 06:23 PM

Well, Lala, I must say I'm very impressed with your restraint! Considering the topic of this thread, your ability to yell out a cheery response should be applauded! I probably would have either broken down and cried or sworn at the old man Your way was MUCH more effective!! So, three cheers to Lala for not beating up an old man
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-18-2007, 06:23 PM

Thanks LOL. It's funny... I haven't been spending much time on here like usual... and now I've been on here all day long! I do feel better though. Have a good night... think it's about time for me to do the same...

By the way... your "have a good night walking pin cushion!" actually made me laugh out loud!!! Thanks
Unread 07-18-2007, 06:25 PM

hopeforpeace -

I did not know that about that about the ovaries - it almost makes me question if I should have had my remaining ovary out altogether.

In my original conversation with my doctor, I asked him to save my right ovary because I did not want to go through instant menopause if I didn't have to. At a later conversation, it seemed as though he was preparing me to accept that he was taking everything. I wasn't thrilled and needless to say I was surprised when he told me that my ovary was still in place after surgery. It was obviously in good shape although he did take the fallopian tube.

I feel so stupid because I also didn't know that they check hormone levels - duh - I guess that would be necessary.
Unread 07-18-2007, 06:28 PM

Mimi,
No reason to feel stupid!!! I've learned so much here it's not even funny... hmm why do we say that phrase anyway?? Anyhow, I never thought about it before someone else mentioned it... because I still have my ovaries it never occurred to me that my hormone levels might need to be checked... we all have our "duh" moments LOL
Unread 07-18-2007, 06:31 PM

first. thank you nftsnana! I had suddenly realized that a lot of the posts were weeks younger than mine - or so i thought -- then followed the mood swing self doubts! I am a wimp!! i am too whiny! i am a hyster failure! (and what could that possibly mean??)

So right after that I saw your post and felt better about myself, seeing a kindred time spirit. thank you!

now for the jokes. How did the hyster cross the road? um, with percoset? I mean she couldnt drive...

Knock knock who's there?
hyster?
hyster who? (fill in the blank...)
Unread 07-18-2007, 06:37 PM

Thanks Desiree,

I was sitting here in tears and then saw your message. I am so use to being the "go-to person" but I feel so clueless when it comes to all of this. I haven't had my post-op yet and I guess I will get more info then. This website and you and the sisters are great.
Unread 07-18-2007, 06:51 PM

look, I dont want anyone to think I am a total wimp.

I could have taken that old man!!
Unread 07-18-2007, 08:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lalawoman
first. thank you kftsnana! I had suddenly realized that a lot of the posts were weeks younger than mine - or so i thought -- then followed the mood swing self doubts! I am a wimp!! i am too whiny! i am a hyster failure! (and what could that possibly mean??)

So right after that I saw your post and felt better about myself, seeing a kindred time spirit. thank you!
Lala - you are welcome! I had also noticed that I was farther along in this moody playground than several others and wondered "what's up with that?!" So, glad I am not alone!

Fortunately, I also have a friend who had a TAH in mid-April - (she told me about HS!!) so anytime I have questions - I ask her and she has been SO helpful! As a matter of fact, I called her tonight with a couple "remember when you were in week 5-6, . . . .?"

Thankfully, there are no stupid questions - if you don't ask - you won't know!! If you don't ask, someone else won't know either -- as somebody else is probably wondering too!

we can all be moody together!!

Debbie

TVH, A&P Repair, kept the ovaries

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register