Kept both ovaries, EXTREMELY moody... - Page 40 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > HysterSisters Connecting Friends > Friends Without Faces

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Kept both ovaries, EXTREMELY moody... Kept both ovaries, EXTREMELY moody...

Unread 08-01-2007, 08:17 AM
Kept both ovaries, EXTREMELY moody...

Okay you two... you both need to relax and take it easy today! You gals have been there for me when I needed you... now it's my turn to put my in.

I know how guilty one can feel... believe me, I feel it every day.... and then I come here and chat with y'all and I feel a ton better!

You're dh has every right to be moody too... this is hard for everyone, not just us... but that's all he's doing... venting to you (and the kids a bit too). I agree with lala, if you start doing everything you will make HIM feel guilty!

Here's something that happened with me and my dh about a week and a half after my surgery... I was having those awful hot flashes... and I just flipped out.... I ended up throwing the remote accross the room! My dh tried to get up to get it... and I told him not too.... he didn't move a muscle... I was sooo annoyed. Anyhow, I got so mad, I got up to get the remote.... which took every ounce of strength I had at the time. And he got so upset with me when he noticed I got out of bed... only to pick up the stupid remote. He felt bad all night and the next morning too. He felt responsible. Which, in reality, he wasn't, but he still felt awful. Our men (most of them anyhow) want (NEED) to take care of us.... they need to be the "fixers" My dh always tells me how he wishes he could "fix" things for me... I think it's been preprogrammed in their brains!

Anyhow, my whole point of the story is.... please take it easy.... the dirty house isn't gonna be that way forever... it's time to put yourself first.... what you need to do, is what you honestly FEEL up to doing and when you need to rest.... REST!

Okay??
Thanks again for all the support yesterday! I didn't sleep all that well either.... but I do feel a bit better emotionally... because of you
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-01-2007, 08:18 AM

Dear Lala,

Im glad that your feeling ok. Are you going back 1/2 days or full days. I hope only 1/2 days for a little while.

I can imagine that it is scary to think about work. What will we do without you here all day

I also dont get much pleasure out of cleaning. Im not the type to go on a cleaning frenzy and then say wow the house looks great and I feel so good. Besides while one room is being cleaned around here the others are being trashed.
And your right I didnt mean to DH bash because he has been so good, and I know he's stressed. I just hate not being able to take care of everything.

Try not to think about work until you absolutely have to. Take these last couple days and really focus on Lala!

Sending some 's
Unread 08-01-2007, 08:55 AM

Hope -
I can imagine your DH might be feeling a bit guilty now for venting his frustration. When they and/or our kids are used to us doing X, Y, Z (and 20 other letters!) all of the time it is quite an adjustment. Try not to feel guilty, we can't help what we're going thru healing wise. As others have said, he will feel more guilty if you get up and overdo it. Do what you can do inbetween rest breaks! At 5 weeks - we still need to rest and take it easy.

I don't know how old your kids are - but can you make a game out of the cleaning to get them to help? Even a little one can help dust, or pick toys or books up. Maybe you could make it a scavenger hunt type thing and 'hide' clues or offer 'prizes' or 'rewards' for getting a room or area done. It is just a thought to get them to help out and make it fun.
I do family daycare, so this has worked when we needed to sort thru old toys, or they have 'trashed' the basement playroom! Just my
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-01-2007, 08:57 AM

thank you, both of you ladies!!

the doc already signed me for half days, so it is an issue of whether the insurance company will pay me for them. if I have to use vacation time then i will because I know i need to do it. and if the doc writes the scrip they cant allow me to work whether insurance covers it or not....

just wish it didnt always have to be a fight.

I will take your advice and focus on lala for my remaining time! that is excellent advice!
Unread 08-01-2007, 09:09 AM

Desiree,Kftsnana,Lala,

Thank you all for all of the support. I tend to have a little stubborn side of me and sometimes need to be reminded whats really important. Thank you all for that reminder! 's Also thanks for the ideas for the kids.

Lala,
Im sorry that you have to fight to get what you deserve. But Im so glad that you are going back 1/2 days. Mostly because it will help you but also because going without Lala for a whole day cold turkey might be more than us sisters can bear!!

Thanks for the little kick in the butt ladies. Sometimes its what I need most.

As always you gals are simply the best!!
Good day to all!!
Unread 08-01-2007, 09:12 AM

Glad to hear you are starting back with half days, my doc said the same thing hope did... that you're body just isn't ready for full days because we've been "off" from work so long.... hopefully you won't have to use your own vacation time!

Here's hoping for a GOOD day for all of us today. We all definitely deserve one!!!
Unread 08-01-2007, 09:14 AM

hope,
I agree... sometimes we all need a little kick in the butt LOL

Besides... while I was reminding you to relax... I am reminding myself at the same time!!
Unread 08-01-2007, 09:24 AM
Whoa! on the downhill side . . .

It has been a while since I've been in the "big drop" side of this mood roller coaster.
This is one of those days where I could cry in a heartbeat, am so tired (tired of being tired, of having headaches at some point during the day everyday, of bleeding enough to need a pad - at almost 8 weeks - this is REALLY old, etc.), tired of having people around all the time (I'm an introvert - so it's exhausting at this point), and the list could go on. And this swiss cheese memory thing is a royal pain, but that is in another thread.

My DH has been on travel for work Mon-Fri for about 4-5 weeks now - so that is getting really old too. Guess it is a good thing we go on vacation this weekend - we need to reconnect in more than one way! (And it had better be 'good!' )
We celebrate our 31st anniversary next week - so I am praying the headaches, tiredness, spotting, etc ALL subside!

And, as if I had time - I now have to get a pelvic sonogram this afternoon to see if there is anything going on that shouldn't be. Frankly, I'd rather take a nap this afternoon than that!! Oh well.

Thanks for 'listening,' time to go wrangle some kids around here, actually my DD and her friend are 'working' for me so I can take it easy (that is part of why I am tired of all the extra people being here!) - and try to start packing. Or finding my list of what to pack (I've made 2 or 3 of them - somewhere), or go find a quiet place to hide - like I said a nap sounds good!
Unread 08-01-2007, 09:56 AM

Dear Kftsnana,

Sorry that you are having a rough day. Maybe GoodFairyLala could spread some pixie dust for a good day your way! Try to take it easy rest and look forward to your vacation. Ill keep you in my prayers for good results on your ultrasound. Sending you some 's and wishes for a better day!
Unread 08-01-2007, 10:07 AM

dear nana (forgive my abbreviation -- i am lazy today!)

I am sorry you are on the drop side of the rollercoaster today. I am very glad that you are able to have a vacation with your DH! 31 years -- that is so wonderful!!

I am sprinkling magic pixie dust as requested over your day!

I hope everything checks out with the sonogram... it is so frustrating to still be dealing with this stuff. i am sending you a big side of s with your pixie dust to go order!! doctor lala thinks a round of naps for everyone is the perfect rx!

love, lala

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register