Kept both ovaries, EXTREMELY moody... - Page 50 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > HysterSisters Connecting Friends > Friends Without Faces

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Kept both ovaries, EXTREMELY moody... Kept both ovaries, EXTREMELY moody...

Unread 08-03-2007, 08:15 AM
Kept both ovaries, EXTREMELY moody...

dear nana, I am going to send you prayers, and of course magic pixie dust that you have the fabulous relaxing time that you deserve!!

fairy godmother lala!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-03-2007, 08:45 AM

I hope you have a nice relaxing vacation We will be here for you when you get back.... looking forward to hearing about all the fun you have!

It's supposed to here all day today... so it looks like I'll be staying in the house today.... hmmm was planning on doing that anyway LOL

Wishing everyone a good day!
Unread 08-03-2007, 09:28 AM

Good morning all,

Kftsnana,
Have a great vacation! Be careful not to over do it.

Yes we should declare today national hibernation day for those who are able!! It is hot and humid here again today, so I might have to hibernate in my bedroom its the only room with AC!

I hope everyone has a terrific day!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-03-2007, 09:48 AM
Need Prayers!!!

OMG... I just got off of the phone with my mom.... she's been avoiding my questions for a while about her health. I KNEW something was wrong, but couldn't get it out of her. Okay, so now I finally get it through to her that even though she doesn't want to add more stress to my life that I feel more stressed because I don't know what is going on with her. Sorry for rambling... I'm quite upset. But I honeslty feel better knowing what is going on.

Anyhow, I just found out that my mom has BREAST CANCER... okay... I said it. I just found out a few minutes ago and I really don't think it's sank in yet. I had a benign tumor in my left breast when I was 18... and now my mom is having to have her entire left breast removed.... and she's going to have surgery next week! I don't know why she always waits till the last minute to tell me these things. This is the 3rd time she's had cancer.

She had Hodgkins Disease when she was pregnant with me (which I am at more risk of getting it), she also had "pre" cancerous cells of the cervix (I had that also) and now she has breast cancer.

I'm scared! My mom has not been in good health for many years. I haven't seen her since May 2005. Now there is no time (or money) to go see her anytime soon. Sigh. I'm so worried my mom won't make it through this.

My mom is calling me back... I will write more in a bit.
Unread 08-03-2007, 09:54 AM

Dear Desiree,
I am so sorry to hear about your mom. Where does your mom live? Hopefully they caught it early and your mom sounds like a fighter. I will keep both her and you in my prayers. Please make sure to keep taking care of yourself too!
Im sending you the biggest HUG i can find.
Unread 08-03-2007, 10:01 AM

dear dolphgin, i am so very sorry to hear your news.

I know too well how hard this is on you -- my mother had breast cancer as well. (she passed in 85 but not of cancer)

i am saying great big prayers for both of you today!!

love, lala
Unread 08-03-2007, 10:05 AM

Okay, just got off of the phone with her again. She's not having surgery yet... she's having 3-5 days of testing done to find out what stage she is at and how they should treat it.

One of the problems is that she had A LOT of radiation treatments when she had Hodgkins Disease, so now they don't know if she can have any more. That's what all the testing is for... to find out what they can do for her.

I'm feeling a bit overwhelmed... I will write more soon. Thanks for the hug.... today I TRULY need it more than anything.

Oh, my mom lives in NE Texas... it's about 16 hours away and she's going to Tulsa, OK for the testing next week. I feel so lost right now.
Unread 08-03-2007, 10:09 AM

Desiree,

We are here for you now and always. Thats what sisters are for. I wish I could ease your pain!

Thoughts and Prayers
Love,
Hope
Unread 08-03-2007, 02:35 PM

Desiree,
Ive been thinking about you all day and praying for you. I hope that you are doing ok.

I hope everyone is having an ok day.
Unread 08-03-2007, 02:53 PM

I'm actually doing better than I thought I would... my mom is being so positive... well it's kinda hard for me not to be!

I have an appt next Friday to get a sonogram on a lump I have under my arm... they're also planning on requesting a mamogram... just to make sure nothing's wrong... especially with the news of my mom

I've been talking to her off & on all day... I'm still worried of course, but feel much better after talking to her. My dh and I are trying to find some way to either go see her or have them come see us sometime in the next month or so.

I haven't been taking my pain meds today like usual... first day I haven't been in tons of pain... still have some, but plan on taking some tylenol or ibuprofen... it's really not that bad today

I really appreciate you gals for thinking of me.... I don't really know why I am so calm about all this... I just look at things differently since my surgery... hmmm I deal with things differently.

This may sound weird, I dunno... but my faith in God has increased SO much since I've had to go through this experience w/my hyster and repairs... I'm more at peace... still have issues w/my self-esteem, but I'm working on it

Boy am I rambling today or what... I have so much racing through my mind! My 14 starts 9th grade on monday... I think I'm more nervous than he is!!! I start my college classes towards my BS on the 20th... I'm even more nervous about those... can't wait till next week is over with so we have more of an idea of what to expect w/my mom and her treatments... hmmm tons of stuff rumbling around in my head!

Thanks again!!!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register