Kept both ovaries, EXTREMELY moody... - Page 57 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > HysterSisters Connecting Friends > Friends Without Faces

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Kept both ovaries, EXTREMELY moody... Kept both ovaries, EXTREMELY moody...

Unread 08-04-2007, 07:39 AM
Kept both ovaries, EXTREMELY moody...

dear dolphin, thanks so much for the nice post.

I dont WANT to try to be a better person, but i cant seem to help it. also i have two other siblings i am not even in touch with. I realized I was the one always calling my brother so i waited for him to call me... now, fifteen years later! i saw him ten years ago at my sisters wedding -- he said he called me every xmas and couldnt help it I wasnt home. (I always spend xmas all day in my home as all my friends know) so another one of those Stupid in the face of Technology lies! wasnt invited to his son's wedding -- he told my sister they didnt have my address -- but i still get their xmas letters. I am not even sure where the other sister is -- she doesnt speak to any of us!

so when I tell people I dont have any family it i not strictly true -- they are just completely missing in action!

I am so glad your mom finally picked up the phone. I keep thinking my hyster must have some Purpose but maybe it is just an operation...

maybe I just need to make it purposeful on my own!!

thank you dolphin!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-04-2007, 07:47 AM

I have a brother like that too! He's a little over 7 yrs older than me and I haven't seen him in at least 12 yrs... we havn't spoken but maybe a small handful in those 12 yrs. I even wrote him a big long letter back in 2000 and I got a two word response from him "hi sis" and that was it. I finally gave up on him... sometimes, it causes more stress than it's worth. Why make ourselves feel bad if our family doens't want anything to do with us?

I don't really talk to much of my family... my grandparents were the ones who kept us close, now that all but one is gone... well we've all kinda drifted apart. I was never close to mine to begin with. My family is full of "self-centered" people and they're just not fun to be around. My mom has done the same, she got tired of her sisters belittling her and putting her down, she finally quite talking to them.

All in all, I think we have a hard enough time getting through the troubles of our lives... why spend energy and time on others who don't want us around... or people that bring us down... there are plenty of other people out there waiting for a friend! and to me, friends are just like family

the only ones in my family I really keep in touch with any more is my mom & dad... I occassionally talk to my step-dad, I like him, he just isn't one for talking on the phone much I also enjoy talking to my remaining Grandmother, but have a hard time talking to her on the phone, so I usually wait till I go see her... which is a few times a year, she lives in FL

anyhow... here I go again, rambling... can you tell I'm doing a lot of thinking and soul-searching today??
Unread 08-04-2007, 08:36 AM

Good Morning Sisters,

Dear Lala,
Im so sorry that you had a rough night! But Im more sorry that your feeling on the down side of the rollercoaster and so unappreciated!! You are a good person! We think the world of you. Its hard when you are the one to always go the extra mile and get hurt. Lala your day filled with great things is going to come. You are just too good of a person!!! I feel bad because it seem like you have a lot of pain in your life! I wish I could take it all away(you know fix that boo-boo thing!) I hate when my sisters are treated bad!!
But I do hear you on the hyster thing-I was laying in bed last night thinking about the whole thing and Im still so unsettled about it. I know I needed it but I dont want to feel like this forever either!

Lala and Desiree,
You two are both awesome caring people and us sisters will never abandon you like your families. Desiree I am so glad you and your mom have made amends. My mom and dad where divorced when I was young. I always had to fight for my dads attention as he was always too busy finding women half his age. While he was going through his battle with cancer he was going through a nasty divorce with his gold digging young wife! Well somehow he had a good look back on his life and my siblings and I were there for him 24/7 and we became close as he was dying. Just wish I could have had more time with him.

IM sending you both a big HUG!

Morti,dk,wanna be,
I hope that you are all having a good day.

Morti, you go girl-your making me exhausted just listening to your days and nights-glad your feeling good!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-04-2007, 09:32 AM

thank you ladies both of you for your support and acceptance. i do feel like you all know me better than any of my family (maybe ever!)

and you still think well of me! (I love that!)

After my mom passed we all fell apart, both with ourselves and from each other. I dont think we ever recovered, certainly not in any kind of familial way...

I went out and had breakfast at a little local restaurant i sometimes go to. I had one medicinal screwdriver (presurgery i always had two!) and that is enough to send me back to slumberland!

I hope everyone is having a good day! thank you!

lala
Unread 08-04-2007, 09:35 AM

Mornin' ladies!!! How did y'all sleep last night???

Ugh... I slept HORRIBLE last night. Tossed and turned, couldn't get comfy. My neck is stiff from not getting my pillows adjusted right. Belly feels HUGE....and my back hurts!!!
WAAAAA!!!

Something tells me it's gonna be a loooooong day!
And it's only 8:30 in the morning!!!
Unread 08-04-2007, 09:44 AM

So sorry to hear everyone seems to have had a rough night... I'm scared to try to get through the night w/o my ambien... just got another refil for another month.... don't think I'll get anymore after that... we'll see

Hopefully they day won't be too long for you wannabpainfree! How are you doing by the way? You seem to be much earlier in your recovery than most of us chatting our lives away here Hope you are doing well!

lala, glad to hear you enjoyed breakfast... if I was there, I'd give you a great big you are NOT alone... even though at times I know we all fee like we are
Unread 08-04-2007, 09:49 AM

Hey dolphin... yep will be 5 weeks PO on Tuesday. Wild... I am doing okay. Good days and bad days, I guess. I am finally starting to feel like a human being again, (except for not sleeping well last night).... so I am coming along. I thikn my body is adjusting to not taking Tyl Pm at night!

Thanks for asking.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dolphin1173
So sorry to hear everyone seems to have had a rough night... I'm scared to try to get through the night w/o my ambien... just got another refil for another month.... don't think I'll get anymore after that... we'll see

Hopefully they day won't be too long for you wannabpainfree! How are you doing by the way? You seem to be much earlier in your recovery than most of us chatting our lives away here Hope you are doing well!

lala, glad to hear you enjoyed breakfast... if I was there, I'd give you a great big you are NOT alone... even though at times I know we all fee like we are
Unread 08-04-2007, 09:52 AM
Gotta share something Silly!

Okay... here goes my silly story for the day...

Last night my dh & are I still up watching TV and it's almost midnight. I just took my ambien and started getting a little drowsy. All of a sudden we hear this great big "fart" noise! We both immediately looked at each other very accusingly! He swears he didn't do it and I swear I didn't do it. A few moments later, our Kitty comes crawling out from under our bed!

Now we both have "smelt" her deadly but we've never heard them! This was too funny... we both started cracking up laughing and all I could do was hold my belly and say "ow, giggle giggle, ow, giggle giggle"

We have even talked about it again this morning... for one it's just too funny... and two it's still kinda hard to believe that obnoxious noise came out of our pretty little kitty!!

I think we need to start calling her "pooty kitty"
Unread 08-04-2007, 09:58 AM

We had that happen with one of our dogs, but he was ON the bed!!! He was so cute cuz he looked at us like WHAT? It wasn't me!!! Oh my gosh I laughed so hard I thought I would pop my belly!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dolphin1173
Okay... here goes my silly story for the day...

Last night my dh & are I still up watching TV and it's almost midnight. I just took my ambien and started getting a little drowsy. All of a sudden we hear this great big "fart" noise! We both immediately looked at each other very accusingly! He swears he didn't do it and I swear I didn't do it. A few moments later, our Kitty comes crawling out from under our bed!

Now we both have "smelt" her deadly but we've never heard them! This was too funny... we both started cracking up laughing and all I could do was hold my belly and say "ow, giggle giggle, ow, giggle giggle"

We have even talked about it again this morning... for one it's just too funny... and two it's still kinda hard to believe that obnoxious noise came out of our pretty little kitty!!

I think we need to start calling her "pooty kitty"
Unread 08-04-2007, 10:02 AM

And why is it that Pet Farts smell SOOOOOOOOO much worse than people farts??

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register