Kept both ovaries, EXTREMELY moody... - Page 69 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > HysterSisters Connecting Friends > Friends Without Faces

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Kept both ovaries, EXTREMELY moody... Kept both ovaries, EXTREMELY moody...

Unread 08-06-2007, 10:00 AM
Kept both ovaries, EXTREMELY moody...

Dear Desiree,
You have a lot on your mind today. Im sure that is not helping you have a good day!

Lala,
Christmas would seem really funny here in August without snow. I will have to send you and Desiree some pictures of when we have tons of snow!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-06-2007, 12:32 PM

I do have a lot going on today... sitting here nervously waiting for my mom to call me back... wondering what is going on... hmmm

I really wish I could take a nap... I'm so darn tired today!

Lala... I'm still craving PIE really bad... think I'm gonna have to break down and have my dh get one

Besided... maybe it'll cheer me up??

I'm just so BLAH today... I hate feeling like this! At least I'm not in any major pain today... gotta find a bright side somewhere!
Unread 08-06-2007, 12:33 PM

Dear Desiree,
I have been thinking about and praying for your mom. I hope she i done with her tests for today soon and is feeling ok. Im also praying for positive results!

Lala,
Hope your nap was relaxing. I was wondering if your oozing stopped yet.
I had a few small spots and there was one with a small hole in which I could see a stitch. I now have a bigger hole(or opening) just over from the other one that is oozing bloody puss(sorry TMI) and has a hard lump around it. This is the area where I have been having burning and sharp pain. I have no fever and Im sure my dr. would just say it will go away so Im going with that. Any thoughts? Sorry to ramble. Just know that you have been through this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-06-2007, 12:45 PM

Lala - Glad you got to come home and GG called .

Desiree - Please let us know when you hear from your mom.

Hope - Have you tried a warm compress on that area. It would help draw out the infection.

Realized this morning they scheduled my post-op with wrong Dr. The scheduler just couldn't understand why I wanted to see my own Dr. who has helped me through all this and did my surgery rather than someone I've never meant. If I could have slapped her through the phone I would have. Ugh!
Unread 08-06-2007, 12:50 PM

I agree with you... I'd much rather see the surgeon!!

Hope, I agree w/Laura... a warm compress should help... the easiest thing to do is get a washcloth wet with water and stick in the microvave for a FEW seconds... I don't have an incision this time, but have in the past... and the compress helps w/any infections.... I forgot all about it until Laura mentioned it.... anyway... my long drawn out reply is to say "ditto"

I'm trying my best to be patient waiting for her to call.... I have no idea how long she's supposed to be at the doc's office... so I have to be patient, which is NOT my best trait! sigh

Well... my 14 yr old's first day of high school will be over in about 20 minutes! Can't wait to hear about his day!

I hope everyone is having a nice relaxing day.... sending tons of s your way (I'm a poet & didn't know it LOL)
Unread 08-06-2007, 12:53 PM

Morti,
There is always Lala's cane!! It's amazing how people cannot understand the fact that you really want to talk to the person who had their hands inside of you! And saw everything first hand!
Thanks for the suggestion, that is one thing I haven't tried yet.

I think my kids have been stuck in this house together too long because of me. My DD just told my DS that he is so ugly that his mama had to tie a steak around his neck just to get the dog to play with him. So not they are starting on the your so ugly or so fat jokes! They are kinda funny though!!!
Im in trouble when they start the your moms so fat jokes!

Desiree,
I hope you hear from you mom soon.
Unread 08-06-2007, 02:00 PM

hi! hope, that warm compress is also the way to open up an incision. I would call your doc's nurse just to check -- you might need antibiotics. I am probably being over protective - but that is what lalas are for!!

morti, i cant believe that!! of course you want to see your own doc!!!

dolphin, i hope you hear from your mom soon - even if she doesnt know anything yet, just so you can hear her voice...

today was the sweetest day. the extra forbidden day. now i dont even dread going in!! magic!
Unread 08-06-2007, 02:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lalawoman
today was the sweetest day. the extra forbidden day. now i dont even dread going in!! magic!
I'm so glad you were able to come home today... it sounds like it's just what you needed!
Unread 08-06-2007, 03:32 PM
officially on kitty litter!

I must officially say on kitty litter that eight weeks is too soon to haul around the twenty pound box -- even being very careful!!

I had to warn you dolphin!!
Unread 08-06-2007, 03:36 PM

don't think I'll be picking any kitter litter up soon

Good News... I got ahold of my mom... she was really busy, fixin to get a tour of the hospital or something, but she sounded like she was in a good mood and she said she'd call me when she got back to the hotel At least I know she is okay!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register