Kept both ovaries, EXTREMELY moody... - Page 7 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > HysterSisters Connecting Friends > Friends Without Faces

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Kept both ovaries, EXTREMELY moody... Kept both ovaries, EXTREMELY moody...

Unread 07-21-2007, 06:20 AM
Kept both ovaries, EXTREMELY moody...

I agree with you ladies... it IS an extremem loss to each of us, whether we never wanted kids, have kids, etc. My dh and I were discussing this yesterday and came to a conclusion on how it's different for each of us.

My dh does not have any children of his own, so he has never experienced the whole process... he feels bad and upset with his loss, but it's not extreme, because as he says he doesn't know what he's missing.

For me, I have two, and I lost two in between them... I am having a very hard time dealing with this... and as my sweet dh says, a lot of that has to do with my knowing what I will be missing. Plus it seems to be a lot harder on us women anyway, because it is US that can no longer have them. Make sense?

Anyway, as always, I really appreciate the comments, it DOES help... just wish I could reclaim my emotions and have a little more control of them.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-21-2007, 08:46 AM

okay sisters I have mostly been dealing with depression(a little crabby) and last night out of nowhere I became this super moody grouchy person. My poor DH got the brunt of it(Idid apoligize). It came out of nowhere. I figured just more of the hormonal issues. Then I thought maybe its a good thing a sign of my ovaries waking up and pms. Well this morning I am back to wanting to cry and go back to bed and hide from the world. And on top of it I just dont feel good today, just yucky feeling and shaky. Im not sure if its the incision issue that is making me feel this way? I dont know because the area that is oozing is small and its not horrible. Oh and while Im on a roll SLEEP would be nice. Does anyone have a burning feeling in their external and internal insicion areas at this point. Sorry to carry on and be a downer. I just want off this emotional rollercoaster!!! I had a couple of good days and everbodys humor perked me up. Today is another story HELP
Unread 07-21-2007, 09:05 AM

hopeforpeace,

I have shooting pains in my incision areas... like I'm being stabbed w/a needle... my doc's nurse said it was normal, yeah (sorry a littel sarcasm there)

If you find the exit for the emotional roller coaster, please let me know.... I'd love to get off this ride with ya! There have been so many times that I wanted to run and hide away from everyone... and my dh doesn't understand that feeling at all!! He tends to hover too much, I know he means well... but sometimes I just wanna be alone! I'm glad today is saturday.... it's our bowling day... which means around 2 I will get some alone time!!!

Hmmmm you need some humor huh... not sure if it's funny, but I think it's cute.... we rescued an abandoned cat about 2 weeks or so ago. She's a really pretty kitty only about a 1 to 1.5 yrs old. Anyhow, we learned the day before yesterday that she plays fetch! I mean like a dog. She runs over to get one of her fake mice, picks it up, we throw it... and she brings it back to do it all over again. While she brings it back she prances like she's showing off... it's the cutest thing I've ever seen.

Sorry for the silly story, but hope it puts a smile on someone's face!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-21-2007, 09:20 AM

As always Desiree thanks for the smile. Hence the princess crown next to your name! My DH is the same way is constantly hovering. But as well he means well, and I guess he could be one of the guys who doesnt care. I do enjoy my weekday with some space, however the kids get rough to handle at times. I sure will let you know if I find that exit. Maybe at my 4wk post op this week I will get some answers.
And the funny thing about not being able to sleep is that the mindless but funny(alright corny) "That 70's Show" is on late at night and does seem to get me to laugh.

I used to like rollercoasters now I cant wait till this one stops and I can get off! I guess for now Ill just hang on and try to concentrate on the uphills.
Unread 07-21-2007, 09:42 AM

dear desiree, i loved your kitty story and it DID make me smile!!

I too am on the emotional roller coaster. but I dont think one just gets off of it. I think next we progress to the emotional merry-go-round. then maybe emotional hopscotch. then before you know it we'll just be walking around like 'normal' people -- whatever that means!
Unread 07-21-2007, 10:24 AM

Lala and Desiree,
Ithought your humor made me smile. But your advice and ability to find the positive in things also helps. We could be in a worse place I told my DH after getting home from the castle that I cant imagine recovering from a hysterectomy and knowing that I would have to face chemo or radiation. Well god protected me from that with everything being benign. So day by day and your right one day this will just be a small part of our life.

Thanks again for the wake up call. And to those of you out there that have to go through soo much more-hugs-prayers&hope.
Unread 07-21-2007, 10:27 AM

Glad to hear your tests came back benign!! Great news!
Unread 07-21-2007, 10:35 AM

Did your doctors go over your reports with you. My dr saw me a 2wks post op and said he got the path report back and then said oh its just benign stuff and put it away. I wasnt feeling well so I dont know if he figured we would go over it at my 4wk shich is this week.
Im thrilled everything is benign but would still like to see the report.
Unread 07-21-2007, 10:59 AM

I didn't get a copy of my path report yet either! I did get a copy of my surgical notes.... that was quite interesting to read... had to google some of the words, since I didn't know what they meant LOL. I plan on getting a copy of my path report next week when I go for my post-op. You should also be able to get a copy of your surgical notes & path report directly from the hospital too!
Unread 07-21-2007, 11:07 AM

I didnt think to get a copy of my surgical notes. Did you ask or did your doctor just give them to you. Thats another thing I love my Dr. he is wonderful and compasionate. Just out of surgery he was very concerned at my bleeding and said he had to keep stoping and recauterizing and recauterizing and that it was something worth looking into. He also scared my DH with his serious about this when he talked to him post op and said that is why it took so long. He then came into my room that evening and talked about this again. At my 2week post op he kind of blew it off. Not real worried about it but I am the type to want an answer for everything.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register