Kept both ovaries, EXTREMELY moody... - Page 74 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > HysterSisters Connecting Friends > Friends Without Faces

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Kept both ovaries, EXTREMELY moody... Kept both ovaries, EXTREMELY moody...

Unread 08-09-2007, 12:14 PM
Kept both ovaries, EXTREMELY moody...

Morning Ladies!

Desiree - Your mom is going to do great! I hope you get answers to your hormone results. Miss the daily chats also, but it is allowing me to get more done.

Hope - Mine been freezing too.

Lala - Hope your day is going well

Kerrie - Where you at? We miss you.

I'm suprised I'm not too sore today after all the cleaning then we went out last night and didn't get in until 10:30. Got up in the middle of the night to use the restroom, got hit with a hot flash and dizziness and fainted to the floor. Came to with my dogs over me wimpering and nudging me with their cold noses. I remember hitting the bathroom counter on the way down and my arm is sure sore today. I thought this ovary was working ok. All menopause symptoms have disappeared since surgery. I don't get it. A one time thing? I see the Dr. tomorrow I'll ask about it.

Must get cleaned up, I'm having a manicure today. Later
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-09-2007, 03:14 PM

Hi Ladies,

It's 6:40am 10/8, cold and very windy. Love reading all posts but haven't had much time to post as have had to do a little work as we run our own business and I do the computer stuff from home and for last 2 days have had one of my children home with me my 12 almost 13 year old can get his hands onto the computer it's pretty hard to drag him off it and then the has to use it for home work and my 9 almost 10 year old is researching what he would like for his birthday??????????on the computer................my 6yr old son just likes me to be with him drawing watching movie etc and he was home from school yesterday...........so what a ramble..............

Morti, are you ok?, you shouldn't have done all that cleaning, I hope that you are now going to slow down alittle.....

Hope, we don't have those cool animals running the streets in the suburbs, but we do have a small country holiday house 2hrs drive from where we live we have very old small house, but with indoor toilet(yes very important) on 120acres in the Strezlecki ranges where we enjoy seeing the animals run free, we have a resident koala who we call lola, early in the morning there are kangaroo's and wallabies (seems part of my spelling brain has gone), wombats ,beautiful birds and wild deer it is a beautiful place, my hb and boys all have motorbikes and enjoy riding them there, hopefully not scaring the animals too much!!!! on the weekends it is a lovely place to refresh. we have waterfalls, tree fern gullies and its a temperate rainforest with a normally high rainfall, very cold in winter sometimes we get snow, beautiful but rare we are at 400m above sea level so when we see snow reports we get excited if it snows that low. and oh one thing I don't get too excited about is the snakes as our property has the 3 of the top 5 most deadly snakes (tiger, redbellied black/black and brown)............oh yuk dh and eldest 2 sons have seen them so far................

Lala, Hope you are ok with being back at work..........take thing easy, and rest up at home. It would be a perfect world if you could attend the office for meetings and then come home to do your paperwork at your leisure on the recliner for the next few weeks and have computer link to office..........

Desiree, Glad to hear your mum is going ok, maybe it has been all the added worry of your mum that could be contributing to your sleepless nights. I understand it's very hot over there, but perhaps a nice relaxing bath could help get you off to sleep???

Hope you are still taking relaxing time as my dr told me we will not heal if we are under stress..........I like that, I keep telling my family that one when my children begin to argue!!!!!

Be kind to yourselves, sending you Kerrie
Unread 08-09-2007, 04:11 PM

Rainbow,

It sounds like you live in a lovely place. 120 acres is a lot of property. I'm thankful for my 5 acres, but I'd love to have a huge ranch with lots of grass, trees and lakes, waterfalls would send me over the edge with joy. I miss the Rocky Mountains of Colorado.

I adore the wildlife we have here in the desert. Don't even mind the snakes. Heck, I stop the traffic and chase they out of the road so they don't get hit! Danny never knows when I'm going to walk into the house with one I've caught to show him. The only dangerous ones we have around here are rattlesnakes and those we do kill if they are around or in the house. The Rosey Boas and California King Snakes are much calmer than than the Gopher snakes. I have a couple Black Colored lizards that are pretty good size that are always on the porches, the Jack Rabbits and Cottontails are running in herds this year. Coyotes, don't much care for them since they want to eat my furkids. The owls , hawks, vultures and bats are fun to watch and of course we feed the quail, I just love their babies! Desert Tortoises are really cool to watch wondering around. As much as I love my desert wildlife, I'd love to see yours. So, when can you pick me up at the airport????????
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-09-2007, 04:37 PM

hi ladies,

I am just checking in... a long long week for a short week, but tomorrow is friday. my boss has been very accommodating -- as long as I make up the time, so I have been leaving a three. we are having a horrible heat wave here and the ac was not fully working in our building so when I left at three it was halfway between melting away and running away!

kerrie your home sounds beautiful!

I'm sorry I havent been here more this week -- and when I do it seems to be at four in the am!! but believe me i have been thinking of you my friends!!

lala
Unread 08-09-2007, 04:49 PM

Hi ladies... haven't been posting (obviously) but have been following all of yours as I receive them!

Lala...miss ya during the day, but glad you are taking it slow at work!

Morti... hope ya didn't over do it with all that cleaning yesterday! And that your arm is okay, thank goodness it wasn't worse, you could have hit your head, my gosh!

Desiree...I hope the tests are over soon and your Mom is doing okay. I bet worrying about HER doesn't help your inability to sleep! Hang in there.

Rainbow... your place sounds incredible!!!! I love koalas, and would love to see one in the wild!

Hope...how ya feeling sweetie?

As for me, I had my post op appt yesterday and was cleared for everything. Feeling okay, just tired out and swelly belly by the end of the day, but definitely better than before surgery!!!
Unread 08-09-2007, 04:49 PM

Hi Morti,

I'm between school drop offs, and just checked to see if any one was on,

You're welcome anytime and i'll be happy to pick you up from the airport.
so just let us know.

Where do you live???

lala - feel this i'm sending you some of my cold weather!!!!

kerrie
Unread 08-09-2007, 05:02 PM

thank you for the cold burst kerrie!!

at least with the ac on the fritz they are allowing us to wear SHORTS instead of business casual... My shorts are much kinder to the swelly belly than my business pants!

there! that is as close to pollyanna as it gets today!
Unread 08-09-2007, 05:26 PM

Wow, Kerrie, your place sounds awsome!! Australia is on my "places to see before I die" list.... someday....

It seems that we've all been pretty busy lately. I'm beat.... I'm sure I've said this before (I tend to be repeating myself lately) but it seems that I have been put back in charge of cooking all the time.... I love to cook, but it's wearing me out! I cooked all three meals today... now my feet are swollen and my lower back is killing me.... hmmm glad I still have some pain meds left, think I'll take one.

I'm sure (like many of you have mentioned) that worrying about my mom is not helping my ability to sleep.... I have so many others things going on now also.... so of course when I lay down... my mind is going a million thought a minute!! I actually tried to NOT take my ambien the other night... I only lasted about 30-45 minutes before I gave up on that one! LOL

Who ever thought it would take so long to feel better?? I never would have.... I am glad that every day I feel a little better, just wish I had a fast forward button (hmmm that's funny, I said the same thing before my surgery LOL)

Anyway... I'm done rambling... I hope everyone is having a good day!!

PS~Lala, glad to hear your boss is working with you!!
Unread 08-09-2007, 05:43 PM

Ginny - Hitting my head may be a good thing, knock some sense into me! Yeah for being released but you need to ease back into your life. This doesn't mean full force.

Kerrie - I live in Southern California, a long ways away I'm afraid. We've always wanted to visit Australia, one of the few places he's never been. He was in the Coast Guard for 10 yrs before we meant, so he's been everywhere, I'm jealous!

Lala - Glad the boss is playing nice with you. You deserve it.

Desiree - You cook 3 meals a day?????? You're my hero! Hell would freeze over first before I would. Nope, not going to happen and thankfully it's not expected or I'd be fired.
Unread 08-09-2007, 05:51 PM

Today was the first day that I cooked all 3 meals... and boy am I feeling it! mmmm they were tasty though Just sore... feel like I've been on my feet all day! I'll probably head for the cereal in the morning... LOL

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register