Kept both ovaries, EXTREMELY moody... - Page 79 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > HysterSisters Connecting Friends > Friends Without Faces

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Kept both ovaries, EXTREMELY moody... Kept both ovaries, EXTREMELY moody...

Unread 08-12-2007, 07:20 AM
Kept both ovaries, EXTREMELY moody...

Good morning ladies,

Dear Desiree,
Glad to hear that your mom is home safe and sound. What about ensure does that have soy in it? Sounds like a pretty scary thunderstorm. I was wondering where you were yesterday. I hope that you have a good day.

Dear Lala,
I hope that you are having a good morning. ChefLala did you make chocolate pie?

Dear Kerrie,
I have to admit that Im not sure who The Crusty Demons are. I do know that my boys would love you holiday house and the motorbikes.

Dear Morti,
I hope that you are having a relaxing weekend.

Well I survived the fair, but I was exhausted and sore. So I am planning on taking a nice nap this afternoon. YEAH!!

Wishing everyone a good day!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-12-2007, 08:06 AM

Hope,

There were actually a few times that even my dh & I jumped from the loud crack of thunder.... the lightning was really neat though! My poor dogs were scared out of their skin!! We brought them inside and put them in the dog crate. The cat ventured out the front door for the first time since she's been here.... of course she waited until it stopped pouring first.

My 4 yr old surprised me... he handled having no electricity quite well... he enjoyed having all the candles everywhere
Unread 08-12-2007, 08:41 AM

Dear Desiree,
My kids are afraid of lightning. They are used to power outages also we have had ice storms that knock the power out for 3-4 days the past 3 yrs. Last October we had a snow storm(very unusual for early oct.) which produced a lot of snow fall in a short time and it was so heavy because it wasnt very cold. It snapped many trees and downed lines all over WNY and power was out for over a week in many places. My kids thought it was fun to have snow days in Oct. Some of the schools in Buffalo lost their spring break because they had so many snow days. Thats one thing about being in the country they do not cancel school out here unless it is a blizzard or super cold wind chills.
I like the part were your little guy was running holding up his pants. Sounds so cute.
Did it at least cool down with the storm?
Hope that your day is going well!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-12-2007, 08:50 AM

It cooled down a lot yesterday... but it's supposed to get right back up there today The heat index yesterday (at the high point) was 118!!

I've been in several hurricanes.... where the power is out for weeks... usually I have a generator (gas powered) for backup.... when I was a child, I went to visit my dad one summer and he lived in a one room cabin and we had no running water or electricity... I actually had a lot of fun that summer! I remember taking showers in an outdoor shower. My dad got a tub and made a curtain that went all the way around it... he hooked up a generator to pump the water through a hose that fed to the shower head... you were outside, so I would look up and see the sky! It was neat... course I was only 10 yrs old

It amazes me how we live today... I grew up in TX (mostly) without AC! I used to run around in my swimsuit all summer long so that I could jump in & out of the shower at any time... that's how I kept cool.... nowadays, kids don't even want to set foot outside if it's a little warm (or a little cold)

I actually slept better last night BEFORE the power came back on... we had the bedroom window open and the soft drizzle of the rain in the background was nice... after the power came back on, I woke up freezing because my dh had closed the house back up and set the temperature on "Freezing" because he can't handle the heat!!
Unread 08-12-2007, 09:04 AM

I am glad that I never had to go through a hurricane.
We are spoiled now. We never had AC in any cars growing up in fact I think the first car I had AC in was after I had my kids.
I remember taking long trips in the backseat of the car with all the windows wide open.
Unread 08-12-2007, 09:51 AM

LOL those were the "good ol' days" weren't they??

I like listening to my grandmother about her stories of her childhood, she is now 83... her stories are very interesting. I'm trying to get my 14 yr old to understand that she's not just an "old lady" that she has lots of knowledge to share!!
Unread 08-12-2007, 10:02 AM

Hi dolphin!

your mom cant have soy products because they contain plant estrogen -- they are concerned that her form of breast cancer is estrogen sensitive.

other foods too are rich in estrogen -- like tofu!! she needs to skip tofu and soy and just have some bacon!

I am already to have a nice nap!! then it is monday already. what crazy person decided that weekends are only two days long? that is insane...

lova, lala
Unread 08-12-2007, 10:10 AM

Im all in favor of working from noon until 1:00 pm with an hour for lunch.

My son thinks it should be 2days of school and 5 days off so I vote the same for work. Just think of the increase in production due to employee satisfaction!!!

Rest Lala Rest.

Im about ready to take a nap myself!!!
Unread 08-12-2007, 12:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hopeforpeace
Im all in favor of working from noon until 1:00 pm with an hour for lunch.
Too Funny! I agree
Unread 08-12-2007, 03:06 PM

Hi! just checking in ladies, I hope everyone has had a good weekend -- I cant believe it is gone already!!

dolphin, you should write down your grandma's stories. My grandmas are long long gone and now all this history is lost -- even my parents! what a great gift that would be not now, but for when your kids are your age.

oh dear, it must be a philosophical lala on a sunday! sorry!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register