Kept both ovaries, EXTREMELY moody... - Page 8 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > HysterSisters Connecting Friends > Friends Without Faces

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Kept both ovaries, EXTREMELY moody... Kept both ovaries, EXTREMELY moody...

Unread 07-21-2007, 11:10 AM
Kept both ovaries, EXTREMELY moody...

My dh asked for a copy when he was at my doc's office to pick up one of my Rx. It's funny, my dh told me that my doc stopped in the evening after my surgery and the morning the next day and I don't remember seeing him! Boy was I out of it. LOL
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-22-2007, 06:50 AM

Well sisters I decided not to post at some point yesterday. I think I hit an all time low emotionally yesterday. Everyone else seemed to be more in touch with their feelings and my emotions were so out of control. I didnt want to bring anyone down although I did try to take in your positive thoughts. I just could not stop crying. As usual I didnt sleep at all last night from 11:30-1:00am and then just stared at the walls all night. Im sure this constant sleep deprevation is adding to my emotions. Anyhow with all that being said today is a new day and if I look at yesterday as an all time low then today has to be better. So I am going to try to be positive. I guess I just never expected recovery to be like this (I was thinking more of an elation to be moving on-BOY was I wrong.) Its like in the thread postop confessions; I think some of my fear being around people is that I have delt with insecurities in the past and now I feel so insecure and incomplete that I feel like my body is wide open and the whole world can see inside and tell not only am I incomplete but that my heart and emotions are completely unstable. This site has been a tremendous help I am so glad I came across it. I dont know what I would do without the support, advice, HUGS, and laughs from the sisters on here. I am bound and determined to try to have a better day. I am going to my great nephews(wow that makes me feel old) baptism today. It will be hard but it is my first born nephews son and my nephew means the world to me and I still think of him being a baby. So I will concentrate on how wonderful of a father he is and be happy for his wife and him being able to be blessed with this gift from god. My emotions can be put on hold. This day is about them and the happy place they are in their lives right now.

Thank you soooooooooooooooo much for all the support-Dont know where Id be without my sisters! ( my friends dont have a clue-but I guess if I didnt go through it myself neither would I!)
Unread 07-22-2007, 07:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hopeforpeace
Dear Desiree,
I know how you feel. If I was somebody who was depressed or anxious before I think I could handle it. .
Believe me, I have a long history of panic disorder and depression and have been on meds for years. Not sure, if it's easier or not but it's still pretty scary. I keep thinking that I won't be able to return to work if I continue to feel this way. That I'll have horrible panic attacks and have to leave, leading to me being fired. Even though I know, in my head, that this is highly unlikely, it's constantly on my mind.

No matter how you slice it, anxiety and depression sap the life out of you and can take your mind places that it should never go!

I wish you all the best of luck and I hope you feel back to your Pollyanna-ish selves very soon. Me too!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-22-2007, 07:26 AM

dear hopeforpeace,

Oh I am in touch with my emotions alright - AND I AM A RAGING ANIMAL!! You are SO not alone. Last night I spend a couple of hours just writing out all my emotions, how pathetic and unlovable i was, what a failure, and of course hit the Not a Woman Anymore.

This morning I reread it once and then deleted it with a prayer that today will be a better day after several hours in the night not sleeping, just staring up (still have trouble sleeping on my sides) feeling pathetic etc.

at least I can laugh at myself again today!
Unread 07-22-2007, 07:39 AM

Thanks Lala,

If you have to be a raging animal at least you picked the cute pink elephant. I think you were probably more intimidating with the cane I think the pink elephant would just made the old man think he was seeing things. Anyhow we think we feel isolated just think that poor ole guy is probably afraid to come out of the house.

Lala dont ever think of yourself as a failure. I know you alway bring me to a better place and I look up to you on here and treasure your advice and YES your humor.

This whole sleep thing is crazy. IM not whining but Im not kidding when I say the most sleep I have had since July 25th (because I didnt sleep the night before surgery either) is maybe 2 hr. in one night. Im just so RX resistant but at some point that might have to change.

Anyway enough of my rambling. I cant stay on a thought for a second. Here is hoping everyone has a fantastic day. Well at least a somewhat emotional stable day!
Unread 07-22-2007, 07:41 AM

I really meant June 25th-I could only wish July 25th
Unread 07-22-2007, 07:43 AM

Now I'm remembering the "pink elephant" scene from the Disney movie Dumbo
Unread 07-22-2007, 07:51 AM

I confess I was actually looking for man-eating tiger icons, or King Kong, but they didnt have any!!

we should recommend more vicious, bitter 'smiles'. yesterday i used the fingers crossed -- just because they didnt have one with just one finger extended.... today, no man-eating tigers!

dont they know how scary the rides are here in HysterWorld??
Unread 07-22-2007, 08:07 AM

oh Lala Im sending you in as a late entry to last comic standing. I am laughing so hard it making my insicion hurt. (but its all good). See today is a better day. You are a
riot. I cant believe you have not had anyone made you dinner just so they could come over and listen to your jokes! Im thinking about bring you diner all the way down in Virginia just so I can sit and listen to your jokes. Oh well I beter stop or its gonna go to your head and your gonna start charging us sisters per laugh.

Im so darn stupid I dont even know how to use the icon!DUH
Unread 07-22-2007, 08:42 AM

Aw!! thank you hopeforpeace! I dont think my friends 'get' my hysterworld jokes though!! That's probably why they are hiding instead of bringing me dinner!

the icons are easy, put your mouse where you want them, then just click on them and you'll see a word inserted -- but dont feel bad there is no :birdflip: or :vicioustiger: to use anyway!!

se e! its s o eas y!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register