Kept both ovaries, EXTREMELY moody... - Page 89 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > HysterSisters Connecting Friends > Friends Without Faces

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Kept both ovaries, EXTREMELY moody... Kept both ovaries, EXTREMELY moody...

Unread 08-13-2007, 08:52 PM
Kept both ovaries, EXTREMELY moody...

I told my surgical nurse that my dr. could take all the fat cells that he wanted to. When my dr. came to see me that night I did tell him that he forgot to do the tummy tuck.(Im sure he has probably heard that once or twice). Demerol will do that to you!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-13-2007, 09:01 PM

Hi Ginny and Debbie! Join in, you're more than welcome. We are just nuts as yo well know!
Unread 08-13-2007, 09:01 PM

I think it is time for me to get some zzzzzz's

Thanks for all the jokes everyone!

Lala,
Have a good day tomorrow. I sure hope not to see any of your middle of the night post!

Desiree,
Glad that your headache went away. Love the balloon story. Glad that you also had some fun tonight.

Morti,
Thanks for the fun night! I hope you get some much needed rest before having to head back to work.

Kerrie,
I sure hope that you have a nice evening. Is your DS going back to school tomorrow. I do enjoy our white Christmas's but wish the snow would go away after that. We do have some years where we have a green Christmas but then January is usually very long with lots of snow.

Sleep well ladies
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-13-2007, 09:07 PM

Hey I can't seem to get much house work done!!!!! Just pushed ds off computer to check in.............must be new addition......... morti, can't get dr to pay for mine had a large extention there to begin with.......must get to working on cleaning..............and oh yes my 2km walking on treadmill......

Hope you all sleep well and speak to you all soon. It's been fun having a laugh..................and the cat thing pretty funny .

Kerrie
Unread 08-14-2007, 12:53 PM
Sorry this is long -

hello ladies,
Back from vacation and trying to get back into my "pre-op life and routine."
First: was great - with a couple exceptions (my 29 yr old nephew suddenly died the day after we left the country; and the road signs in some of the places were terrible so we got lost frequently.) I was able to rest, read, watched movies (thanks to portable DVD player!), and just be alone with DH for 9 days in absolutely beautiful country!
Second: Yesterday, I had another follow-up appt with regular gyn for blood clot discovered right before we were to leave on vacation. My gyn (Dr. F) was out of country, so he had me go to a fellow gyn (Dr. B.) following sonogram showing a clot. I had to wait until the morning we were to leave before Dr. B would give permission to leave, pending lab results and internal sonogram! Anyway, I am doing ok, he thinks the clot is absorbed into my system, everything looks like it is healing fine, and I can resume my normal activities, etc.

I have been back at work (family daycare) for a while, as my DD and her GF were helping me while recovering. Since life has been hectic, the house a mess, not feeling energetic, etc. I just took it easy all summer - which we should do following surgery. No problem - THEN, I had saved $$ before knowing I wouldn't have a "full load" and income would be less.
Problem is NOW, I need to get new clients to fill openings [from kids leaving for other school districts] ASAP, which means advertising, being available for interviews and making sure the house is orderly and clean - but I don't feel like promoting myself or the program. Money-wise I don't have a choice. I put an ad in the local paper for tomorrow and to run weekly for a month (paper is weekly, plus internet ads). Please pray I can get my act together, the house up to par, and get some new kids starting within next couple weeks. I have 2 infant openings this fall (1 now, 1 in Oct.), but want a couple preschool age too.

I realize we have been thru a major ordeal with surgery and recovery - but one of the books I read on vacation was about a Christian comedienne's bout with depression. I have seen this woman several times and think she is great, so was really interested. Plus, years ago I was clinically depressed and on meds for it. While I have been off of the meds for a long time - I am in tune with that part of me and know where I am/have been on the depression roller coaster. A few times I had thought I was "slipping" in the past couple months - but wrote it off to recovery from 'major surgery.'
After & while reading this book - I realized it started before surgery - thanks to peri-menopause, I am guessing. I am nowhere near the point I was 15 or so yrs ago and won't even come close - I'll be back in therapy and/or on meds 1st. I just hate feeling like emotional/mental crap.

Thanks for listening.
Unread 08-14-2007, 01:29 PM

Dear kftsnana,
Welcome home I am so sorry about your nephew how tragic.

Glad to hear that your vacation went well and that everything is ok with the blood clot.

I hope all works out for you with your business and all. I know my house is a wreck and Im trying my hardest to get things back in order. I also will probably have to find a job with more hours eventually and the thought of that scares me. I just want to be more myself first and know that I am totally healed.

Hopefully we will all feel more like ourselves soon and be off this emotional rollercoaster!!

I hope everyone is having a good day!

HUGS!
Unread 08-14-2007, 04:18 PM

hi ladies! jsut checking in!

nana so sorry to hear about your nephew, I am so very sorry.

I am glad to have missed the bikini debate... i would have to piece one together just to cover the scar!

I took one of the last three ativan I had from before the surgery -- I slept EIGHT and a HALF hours straight through. it was exquisite. i have two left and just wish they could multiply like bunnies!

busy day at work -- I can feel people trying to drag me back into the stress and dysfunction -- and I actually pushed back on one of these things -- i felt very healthy about it! I just am not strong enough emotionally or physically to deal with the extra 'stuff'.

I actually felt like me for a while today -- the me i was almost two years ago before my body started to get haywire.

praise the Lord!!!
Unread 08-14-2007, 04:35 PM

Hello ladies!

Debbie,
I sorry to hear about your nephew. He was way too young. I honestly believe that we are put here for a purpose, and when that is complete, we
are called home. Doesn't mean we ever know what that purpose was, nor does it make it easier to deal with their passing. to you and your family.
I give you a lot of credit. After my youngest was born, i had this idea I was going to run a home daycare so I could be home with my kids. Long story short, I don't like other peoples children. It could just be that I don't like children who's parents haven't taught them manners or respect. That seems to be rampant these days.
I'm glad you enjoyed your holiday.

Hope,
How's your day going??????

Well, went into work for 5 hours today. It was all I could take. Was kinda nice (shhh, don't repeat it!) I had to fix all the contract numbers entered since I went in a couple weeks ago and sent out statements, they've managed to double request some trust funds being paid, and in general left charges off contracts. For the most part, most of the files looked pretty good. I pulled our every family's file since I've been gone and reviewed them. Chances are, it'll be months before some of the things missed pop up. Kind of disheartening since it's taken me 1 1/2 yrs to clean up the books. I've decided that the person I co-manage with doesn't know as much as he thinks he does (most of the errors were his) and even when the staff tries to tell him that what he's doing isn't right, he still does it because he's afraid to be wrong and always has to be right. Going to have to be a little more forceful on not letting him treat everyone like he knows it all and they know nothing. This too shall pass.

The boy is off to work now also so it's once again me and the hounds for the evening.

Hope you're all doing well!
Unread 08-14-2007, 08:41 PM

Hello ladies,
I just wanted to check in before heading to bed. Had a very busy day and Im not feeling so hot physically or emotionally today.

Morti,
Glad that your first day back went ok. I hope that you dont have to many mistakes to fix. Enjoy your hounds.

Lala,
So very glad that you finally got some sleep.

Desiree,
I sure hope that things are ok with you today.

Kerrie,
I hope that you have a nice day and that your son is feeling better.
Unread 08-14-2007, 08:45 PM

Hi all,

Firstly, kftsnana, so sad to read that you nephew passed away.

Lala - I've decided its neck to knee for my swim suit - I only wear bathers in my own swimming pool 'cause its way to scarey for beach just down the road.

Desiree, Last night I was thinking about you, without much energy, have a question? did yr dr tell you that the only way to increase energy levels after this was to walk????? I gather that you are a pretty fit gal being in military but my dr told me this, (maybe this is just advise for the fair, fat and over 40 version) - that I fit into!!!!!! he told me that it is the only thing to increase staminer! don't know just thought of it hope you are doing well today.

Hope, How are you going??my ds is still home with me...

Morti - how are you today?

Hopefully you are all getting ready for bed or already in be.

Hope to catch up with you all soon .

today the sunn is shining that is good to see,
Bye Kerrie

ps. must go and clean up stairs today, spent tooooo much time on computer didn't get it all done yesterday......

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register