Kept both ovaries, EXTREMELY moody... - Page 9 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > HysterSisters Connecting Friends > Friends Without Faces

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Kept both ovaries, EXTREMELY moody... Kept both ovaries, EXTREMELY moody...

Unread 07-22-2007, 11:37 AM
re: sleepless nights

Quote:
Originally Posted by hopeforpeace
This whole sleep thing is crazy. IM not whining but Im not kidding when I say the most sleep I have had since June 25th (because I didnt sleep the night before surgery either) is maybe 2 hr. in one night. Im just so RX resistant but at some point that might have to change.
Although I have Ambien, I prefer not to take it on a regular basis to help with sleep. I have found Advil PM (or Tylenol PM) to be helpful - eases aches and pains and has a sleep aid in it. Hope it works for you, as it is no fun to stare at the ceiling for hours on end!!

Wishing you all a day!

Debbie
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-23-2007, 03:51 AM
sore tummy

oh, my! I am laughing so hard my darn tummy is getting sore! I am having one of these ever so wonderful sleepless nights (sending coffee/tea/drinks around to all who are still up )
It's definitely up in the air as to whether I am coming or going with these mood swings
Hopeforpeace: YOU are definitely not alone. I am so glad that you are posting as it is so very helpful to realize that I/We are not alone with our emotions, and not thinking that we are "losing" it - that's how I was feeling until I started reading the posts here.
Lalawoman - Your sense of humor and information is priceless! I am glad that you deleted what you had wrote about yourself - I would never of thought or said any of that about you - You have been helpful, truthful, funny and I look forward to reading your posts...by the way, the cane is also useful to catch dh or kidlets on their way by! I broke my one ankle two years ago and at the same time sprained the other one, and have finally been able to put my cane away for awhile - I would have loved to have used it in a very similar way and a couple of other ways, with a few not so very nice people!
Desiree - I loved the cat story! Who would have thought that a cat could fetch? I've seen my neighbor go for a walk almost every evening, and his cat follows behind...
Thank-You all so very much! ~Donna~
Unread 07-23-2007, 07:28 AM
Kept both ovaries, EXTREMELY moody...

dear donna -- you made me laugh too and thank you!

I felt so feeble and defenseless out walking at first, I did like the cane for self defense. nothing vicious (well probably not!) but just to put up in front in case there was a cute jumpy dog (it was funny, i chatted at several passing puppy dogs, and for once not a single one tried to jump on me. Proof, as i have long suspected, that they are smarter than the average human)

Further accessorizing, I got a reacher/grabber thing from the online store -- it was GREAT for picking things up without bending over. I strongly suspected a friend of mine of wanting to swipe it for picking up her cocktails from her couch without sitting up... Now SHE knows how to work Princess!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-23-2007, 08:55 AM

Dear ladies I am so glad we are all here in this together. If we all lean on each other we can get through this. The funny part is there are people out there that could give me advice and I would be like yeah right they dont know what they are talking about or whatever. BUT the advice from all my sisters I take to heart and treasure. I cant believe how this operation and this site has formed such wonderful bonds for all of us. I guess that should be my positive for the day for without both of these I would have never met any of you ladies. I am trying to find something positie to hang on to each day.
Usually its one of Lalas jokes!!!

If anyone has the time today please say a prayer my friends sister is going in today for a TAH/BSO. She has fibromylagia, and severe endo. I have told her about this site. I hope she takes advantage of it.

Oh and by the way I keep saying I just want to be me again-who am I kidding I want to be someone else!
Unread 07-23-2007, 09:04 AM

Your friend is definitely in my thoughts & prayers.... maybe she'll be lucky and NOT join us on the emotional rollercoaster I hope she has a fast recovery.... she's lucky to have you to lean on afterwards!
Unread 07-23-2007, 09:08 AM

Thank you Desiree,
you are always right there for all of us sisters!!

Oh and I forgot to tell you I think your cat wants to be in on some of this princess stuff. Thats really why shes prancing!
Unread 07-23-2007, 09:14 AM

It's funny that you say that... when I decided to look online for a pet in need, I found her at the local shelter... they described her as a and that is one of the reasons I chose her.... I don't normally like female cats, but I decided to take a chance... someone left her and her two sisters in an apartment to die without food & water.... the shelter rescued them, but because she was the sickest... no one wanted her... till I found her.

She has been a tremendous help in my recovery process! It seems like she knows when I am feeling really crummy.... 'cause that's when she decides to curl up next to me an purr.... we haven't had her but for a couple of weeks! She acts like she's lived here all her life.

She's a lot like my sisters here... wouldn't know what I'd do without any of ya!!!
Unread 07-23-2007, 10:50 AM

Well, my day started off really good.... but now my mood seems to be slipping back down in the dumps.... this is getting SOOOOOOOOOO old.
Unread 07-23-2007, 11:10 AM

dear hope, prayers for your friend who is just starting out.

I dont think i could speak to someone about to have it yet, I wouldnt know what to say. (I just had a flashback to my youth -- you ladies are probably too young to remember the Lost In Space tv series... But the robot one time said, "When in danger or in doubt, run in circles scream and shout!")

And since that is the only advice i could give to someone about to have the surgery, best just not to speak yet...

Dear dolphin, you little princess sounds so special. I am so glad you have her with you... my kitties have been wonderful company, always forgiving of my EXTREME moods, and snuggly when they feel like it.
Unread 07-23-2007, 11:59 AM

Thanks for the paryers. And I have to admit I am old enough to remember the lost in space episodes. I agree with robot also. I wouldnt want to scare anyone at this point going in. Some things are just to fresh in my mind yet. And the emotional ride is a whole different ball game. And who knows someone else may not experience this part of it.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register