Kept both ovaries, EXTREMELY moody... - Page 91 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > HysterSisters Connecting Friends > Friends Without Faces

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Kept both ovaries, EXTREMELY moody... Kept both ovaries, EXTREMELY moody...

Unread 08-16-2007, 11:19 AM
Kept both ovaries, EXTREMELY moody...

Kerrie -
I hope you are able to get some sleep and that the boys recover quickly. It is hard enough when we are not feeling well (emotionally or physically), but add sick young ones makes it harder.

I can also relate to the teary feeling - I have been having some of them (I am 10 weeks tomorrow) and/or will be irritated at someone the next minute. Or feel both - annoyed and then feel like crying because I am annoyed (sometimes at myself - for letting people/things get to me!)

What town/city are you in? I haven't been able to read thru all the posts while I was on vacation - but I gathered you are in Australia from comments somewhere!

Get some sleep!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-16-2007, 11:32 AM

kftsnana,

Glad someones around!!!! Thank you I hope our sons are better soon to.
I do keep getting told I look well, (maybe my face does, but thats not where the action took place!!!!!!) it is a little frustrating sometimes when I really feel ..............not so good but like us all we all have families/responsibilities and such so have to appear OK, just sometimes I would prefer to be in p.j.. I really don't like our children seeing me unwell before the operation they were praying for me in class everyday, as they thought I was really going to die!!!!!! So I'm the "tough mum" so don't like to complain/let them know how I am really feeling too much, although unfortuately they all duck for cover with the changes of my mood!!!!!!, as I have said mostly I'm ok just think its lack of sleep, making me feel worse/emotional.

Anyway enough rambling, Yes I am from Australia - Melbourne and its cold.
Unread 08-16-2007, 12:48 PM
hey "tough mum!!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainbow3
kftsnana,

I do keep getting told I look well, (maybe my face does, but thats not where the action took place!!!!!!). . . . .
I really don't like our children seeing me unwell before the operation they were praying for me in class everyday, as they thought I was really going to die!!!!!! So I'm the "tough mum" so don't like to complain/let them know how I am really feeling too much, although unfortuately they all duck for cover with the changes of my mood!!!!!!, as I have said mostly I'm ok just think its lack of sleep, making me feel worse/emotional.

Anyway enough rambling, Yes I am from Australia - Melbourne and its cold.

I am around because I work at home!! [Family daycare.]

It is nap time here and soon I am heading for the couch. I try to put my feet up for a while in the afternoon anyway, but this AM I woke up with the worst migraine I have had in weeks. Thought my head would explode and/or throw up any minute! (Sorry! with your sons, you're too close to that right now!! ) Right now, (after Imitrex and Excedrin) - it feels like a ball bat hit me in the back of the head.
We've been getting our deck replaced and I am SO glad that we had a thunderstorm this AM so the guy didn't come. I think I'd have had to hammer him!! Actually would have retreated to the opposite side of the house, had he come.

What type of hyster did you have?
Although I understand not wanting your kids to see you sick or in pain, I think it helps them to learn empathy and compassion and that there are times we need their help too. Unfortunately, super heroes sometimes have bad days too!
I think it is great that they were able to pray for you at school, but sorry they were so worried about you.
I know my 29 yr old DD still worries about me when something "unknown" is 'wrong.' When I was in the gyn's office, a couple weeks ago, for check re: blood clot -- I'm sitting there on the exam table with the "cute little sheet" and my cell phone is going off! It was her - "what's going on? You've been there for an hour already?" Then other times, she tries to act like she doesn't care at all! My DS cares but sure doesn't show it - Mr. Independent.

Well, I am heading for the couch - will check in later.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-16-2007, 01:22 PM

Hello Ladies!

Checking in from work. Been here 3 times 1/2 day this week st least 5 hours. Nice to have a purpose again.

Kerrie, I'm sorry your having to deal with sick kiddos. That's no fun.

Debbie, I still admire you for running a daycare.

Had to take the little hound to the vet yesterday. He has bronchal mite, never heard of them. So, meds for 3 weeks and then back to be checked again. I've decided at $175 to spend 30 minutes, I'm in the wrong business. Oh well, he's our little boy and I would think twice with a skinkid so I do the same for the furkid.

Have a good day
Unread 08-16-2007, 02:30 PM

Can anyone join this group? I had my hyster a little over 6 months ago but everyone here seems to be more recent. I kept both my ovaries and of course still have my pms. I have some lower back and leg problems which have caused me excruciating pain so I am still not back to the way I was. And no the hyster did not cause it. I thought I would feel so much better since I was hoping it was the fibroids pressing on a nerve but does not seem the case. I am very sad today just bec I am tired of being in pain and not getting any sleep. The lack of sleep has progressively gotten worse and been going on for a few years. I am glad I don't have the heavy periods anymore and did not want to do the hormone replacement therapy but I hate the feeling sad part. Anyway sorry for venting. I hope everyone has a nice day.
Unread 08-16-2007, 02:33 PM

poconowoman,

of course anyone can chime in!! I've been kinda MIA the past few days because my mood has been quite down in the dumps... but I have been reading everyone's posts. We often have quite a bit of fun in this group

Sorry to hear you are still having issues.... I'm right there with ya on the feeling sad stuff... hopefully it will go away... at least for longer length of times!!

I hope everyone is having a better day today... mine is about the same as it has been, but I'm having a few more better moments today... plan on going fishing in about an hour or so... should be relaxing and get me out of the house
Unread 08-16-2007, 02:42 PM

Hello Sisters,

Poconowoman,
Welcome, as Desiree said we usually have some fun in this thread but we also support each other on our down days. We have all felt like we are on an emotional rollercoaster. It is nice to have each other to share with.
I hope you find some relief from your pain and sadness.

I have been down for the past couple of days also and dont even know why.

Kerrie,
You really are living in boy world. I hope all of your boys feel better. We had our 1st broken bone this past April. My youngest fell off a trampoline, his arm was in the shape of a U It was rather disturbing. Boys will be boys.

Lala,
Guess what tomorrow is Friday!! Yeah, the weekend is almost here. I hope that you had a good day.

Morti,
Same goes for you. Glad to hear that work is going ok. I hope your furchild is ok.

Desiree,
Im glad your getting out for a little while, maybe it will help you feel better.

krftsnana,
Hope you BIL's surgery went well. Hope your headache is going away also.
Unread 08-16-2007, 02:47 PM

Speaking of headaches.... I finally broke down on bought the Chillow... should get it sometime next week.... hoping it will help w/my hot flashes and my migraines! I will let everyone know how it works when I get it.
Unread 08-16-2007, 04:17 PM

Desiree,
Ahhhh, new toy coming in the mail. I love new stuff! Seriously, I'm sorry your migraines are still bothering you. Lala needs to sprinkle magic feel good dust every morning and night.

Poco,
Have you read through the thread? Do you know what you're in for with us??????? Anyone is welcome to join in. We are friendly and supportive. In fact we need you here to give us hope there is life after hyster. You need some of Lala's magic dust too.

Little hound Monte is in heaven. He's daddy just got home and they are sleeping on the kitchen floor. They are so cute and provide so much cheap entertainment for me, it's why I keep them both. He always gets down on the floor with them when he gets home to share furkid hugs. I don't know who enjoys it more, him or them.
Unread 08-16-2007, 04:31 PM

Hi all,

kftsnana, ihad TVH A,P and Peri repair & bladders sling, and am 7week+2days post and counting.......had my 6wk check but not ok for much just to carry light hand bag and walk 2km per day and to not eat much food!!!!!!! as my dr has told me to lOoOOOOOse weight.

Desiree, hope you're feeling a little better, fresh air may just be the ticket.
hope you got a fish.

Lala, its nearly the weekend......hope your doing ok

Morti, you didn't need to return to work to know you have a purpose...........
hope you are doing ok too and come home and put your feet up.

Hope, It must be with week for feeling alittle blue...............i'm trying to stay positive but is getting hard.............

Poncowomen, welcome, these ladies are very warm and friendly, I joined them recently and the conversations are very rewarding..........I hope we can stay in contact with everyone.

Well it's almost 8:30am here and my dh even drove my eldest son to school thismorning for me, he stayed home and waited as that's how good I must be looking..........i am glad ....my son wished to stay home but he was chosen to attent a tornoment of the minds at a melbourne uni tomorrow so has to practice, he is feeling little better too.

off to call drs for middle son.

hope to catch you all later and that everyone is feeling a little brighter

Kerrie

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register