Kept both ovaries, EXTREMELY moody... - Page 92 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > HysterSisters Connecting Friends > Friends Without Faces

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Kept both ovaries, EXTREMELY moody... Kept both ovaries, EXTREMELY moody...

Unread 08-16-2007, 04:34 PM
re: Chillow

Quote:
Originally Posted by dolphin1173
Speaking of headaches.... I finally broke down on bought the Chillow... should get it sometime next week.... hoping it will help w/my hot flashes and my migraines! I will let everyone know how it works when I get it.
Desiree -
I am very interested in hearing how/if it works with both hot flashes and/or migraines. My headache is better than it was this morning - but that doesn't take much - almost think an explosion would have been better! I still have the dull pain but it is more manageable.
As for hot flashes - OMG - the past few I have had were terrible! Overheating to the point my face got beet red, and so dizzy I prayed I didn't fall over and had to sit down for a while. That was while we were on vacation - so far at home they have only (?) been some overheating (I feel hot right now), but not as bad as before. Thankfully.
I am going to try the black cohosh as my gyn suggested.

Hope you soon are feeling better and out of the dumps. I know the "Drag Bottom Inn" and the "Blues Resort" have plenty of "rooms to rent." But the service is lacking!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-16-2007, 05:02 PM
Kept both ovaries, EXTREMELY moody...

Hope, ment to mention broken bones are scarey aren't they....my mds fell of play equipment at school 2yrs back they asked me to come and collect him as he MAY have injured his arm..... they also asked does he usually scream so much for such a simple fall???? off to ER and he had broken his elbo. bit more boy stuff!!! thank goodness no one has fallen off our trampoline . It does have walls but they do try extreme!!!! things these boys of ours.....
Unread 08-16-2007, 05:06 PM

Hi Poconowoman! come on in! the online water is fine!

All sisters welcome to the Inner Moody Circle!

I have been riding the Rollercoaster this week. a day or two -- i felt almost normal -- then the opposite! incision aching, crying at anything and everything. sad and resigned.

then the brief spurts of happy to feel like Me (whoever the heck she is!)

and of course tomorrow is Friday!!

I think we are all flourishing just by surviving. I am still working on the release of judgement... but i am going easier on myself!!

I hope everyone is doing okay!

love lala
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-16-2007, 05:21 PM
moodiness -

while I am not on an emotional roller coaster, I'm feeling like I want to retreat to a cabin by a lake or some other natural place to be COMPLETLEY BY MYSELF. I feel like I need to recenter and "find myself" again. I don't know if others have this experience. I feel I can't relate to others or empathize with them. I don't have it in me! It is not a good feeling at all.
I'm 4 weeks post op.
Stawberry 1
44 year old TAH, kept ovaries
Unread 08-16-2007, 05:35 PM

Kerrie - sounds like we pretty much had the same thing done (but I didn't have the sling, guess my bladder went back into place on its own when uterus wasn't pushing on it!).
Were you able to get some sleep?
Also, hope your son does well at the tournament and continues to feel better. And that the ailing one is recovering.

Poco - Welcome to the group! Have you talked to the dr about persistent pain and sleeping issues? Ever tried a sleep aid? I have found Advil PM has been helpful for joint pain and sleep; or if sleep is really an issue - Ambien. I have a friend who uses Valerian (sp?), which is herbal.
This group can be a bit 'crazy' but also a very safe place to vent. We've all had a front row seat on the hormonal roller coaster. BTW- are you from the Poconos? Or where is Mysteryville?!??!

Hope - thanks for the prayers for my BIL's surgery. So far, I haven't heard anything and since surgery was this AM, I am hoping that "no news is good news." I'll call my MIL later tonight to ask her, since I don't know if SIL will be home.

Morti - Hope your furkid has a smooth recovery. Vet bills are outrageous, but when you have furry babies - what can you do!??! I have a cat, 12 yrs old now, and a "mamma's boy." He is on my lap right now, bumping my elbow so I'll pet him! Of course, he has had a few whopper vet bills over the years - like when he broke his lower jaw in half! Big $$!!
As for my job, sometimes it makes me crazy! Like when I want a day off, or have an obnoxious, testing 2 yr old! Thanks for the compliment though! I fell into daycare quite by accident when my DD was almost 2 and a neighbor asked if I'd keep her twins after school. I figured 'I'm home, why not? And I can use the money.' Now, 28 years later -- hundreds of kids have passed thru my home. Overall, it has been a good profession and I have been blessed with good families, some of which I have had for 6-9 years!! And, even though I really will miss the kids - I am looking forward to retirement within the next year or so.

Lala - one more day, then the weekend! Chin up, all of us back at work!!
Unread 08-16-2007, 05:55 PM

Chin up -- both of them?

hi strawberry! nice to meet you!
Unread 08-16-2007, 05:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by strawberry1
while I am not on an emotional roller coaster, I'm feeling like I want to retreat to a cabin by a lake or some other natural place to be COMPLETLEY BY MYSELF. I feel like I need to recenter and "find myself" again. I don't know if others have this experience. I feel I can't relate to others or empathize with them. I don't have it in me! It is not a good feeling at all.
I'm 4 weeks post op.
Stawberry 1
44 year old TAH, kept ovaries
Hi Strawberry,
We are not all on the rollercoaster, and thankfully not at the same time -- or it'd break down!
I think the feeling to retreat and recoup is normal - we have been through a major physical change in our lives, regardless of the reason the surgery was needed. We may look the same on the outside (who is going to look at those tummy stitches??) - but we are not the same. And, still having the ovaries - we are not on the same "PMS" route as we might have been pre-op. [I don't think mine ever took a break, but others have had one.]
Take the time to take care of yourself -- just tell others you are not up to it if they 'ask' more of you than you feel you can give. At 4 weeks post-op - give yourself some grace and don't feel bad.

And, up or down, we are here for each other!

Unread 08-16-2007, 06:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lalawoman
Chin up -- both of them?
Smart aleck (sp?)!!!!

yep, both of them -- or how ever many you have!!

That is like after losing 70 lbs - my arms are now "batwings!"
one of those things I intend to correct "soon!"
Unread 08-16-2007, 06:29 PM

yea! i will be grateful i havent lost the seventy pounds I need to lose.

my wrinkles and triceps are all so beautifully fluffy and inflated!!

Unread 08-16-2007, 06:31 PM

Strawberry
Debbie is right. I'm lucky, since surgery, I don't do the roller coaster thing and I'm praying it'll stay that way!

Kerrie,
You must be so proud of your son.

Debbie,
Vet bills. Yes, last year the rhodegian ridgeback had to have surgery on her leg, $1200 later and then the pitbull figured how to unlock the sliding door and open them to break her out to play.

Lala & Rainbow

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register