Ibuprofen | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 07-22-2007, 12:58 PM
Ibuprofen

Anyone know if there are any long-term effects from Iboprofen? (600 mg) I should do a search on it on the internet, but you ladies have first hand experience! Thanks in advance!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-22-2007, 01:01 PM
Ibuprofen

Any of the pain meds can cause ulcers in the stomach or heartburn problems.... that's why it's best to eat before taking them.
Unread 07-22-2007, 01:03 PM
Ibuprofen

I've been taking 600mg - 800mg 3 x daily on and off for the last 10 mos (vicodin on top of that when it wasn't strong enough). I started to have some stomach upset and minor pain towards the end here, and found that my body just got used to it so it really didn't even help much anymore. Both my obgyn and family dr. told me not to worry too much, unless my stomach started to burn or hurt real bad, or if my stools turned black because that would show bleeding in the stomach. I've switched over to Aleve, and find it works real well and doesn't hurt my stomach.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-22-2007, 01:41 PM
Hmmm... found this on Ibuprofen--could be helpful

http://health.yahoo.com/drug/d00015a1
Unread 07-22-2007, 02:04 PM
Ibuprofen

Painfree,

Of course, i have researched. If you do not exceed the recommened dosage and don't take them over 7 days consectively you will be fine. Her is the results if you exceed:

Tylenol, excedrin, aleve (acetophemophen)................liver damage
Advil, Motrin, ibuprophen......... bleeding stomach

I was worried about it too before the hyster to help with the pain throughout the month. I wish I could give you my motrin 600s. The do absolutely nothing for me. I am ann advil girl for life. Nothing else works, beside narcotics.
Unread 07-22-2007, 04:53 PM
Ibuprofen

I was told to stop taking the ibuprofen b/c it might have been triggering my migraines. I was taking 800mg (as told to) every 6-8 hrs. The drs said it can cause rebound headaches/migraines and put me back on the percocet. It can cause stomach damage as mentioned above also. If you have a history of migraines I would keep an eye on that also. I can say that since I stopped taking the ibuprofen I haven't had another migraine and it's been a week.. had 2 of them the week before so I'm happy about that!
Unread 07-22-2007, 04:56 PM
Ibuprofen

Interesting... I didn't know that it could trigger migraines... gonna have to keep an eye out for that... thanks!
Unread 07-22-2007, 06:50 PM
Ibuprofen

I took Ibupro for three days - no food with it - and ended up with crazy heartburn and ulcers. Be super careful. I switched to tylenol and it was just as good. Keep some Pepto-B on hand just in case. It is well worth it and beats going out for it when it feels like your belly is on fire. Good luck to ya.
Unread 07-22-2007, 08:03 PM
Ibuprofen

For me I have had to take it during my monthly every month for years and years in high doses for cramps...sometimes I would have to take 800 to 1000 mg just to make it to work. I really think it caused me to have mild blues and feel down and then I found out that can happen, so I wasn't imagining it. I've only had to take a couple here and there since my hyster and my mood is much better now.
Unread 07-22-2007, 08:17 PM
jennice

Well, thats just great cuz I have been taking them for 13 days!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennice41
Painfree,

Of course, i have researched. If you do not exceed the recommened dosage and don't take them over 7 days consectively you will be fine. Her is the results if you exceed:

Tylenol, excedrin, aleve (acetophemophen)................liver damage
Advil, Motrin, ibuprophen......... bleeding stomach

I was worried about it too before the hyster to help with the pain throughout the month. I wish I could give you my motrin 600s. The do absolutely nothing for me. I am ann advil girl for life. Nothing else works, beside narcotics.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register