Hysterectomy dates Jul 23-Jul 30,2007 - Page 16 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Jul 23-Jul 30,2007 Hysterectomy dates Jul 23-Jul 30,2007

Unread 08-08-2007, 10:53 PM
Hysterectomy dates Jul 23-Jul 30,2007

you are not alone, Idont have a two week check up either
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-08-2007, 10:59 PM

Had my 2 week checkup last Friday as doctor was going out of town. Everything is healing well but I won't have an internal exam until 6 week checkup - yea!! I was told to start sitting in a warm bath twice a day and it has helped with some the pelvic floor soreness. I can sit down for longer periods of time flat on my bottom but it does get uncomfortable after a while.

I think I am having some urine leakage and will have to watch this closely for a few days. I have to think about urinating and not just do it. Its very weird. Digestive system still not back to normal. Today had a lot of gas and loose bms. Will see what tomorrow brings.

Otherwise all is well. Doc gave me permission to use treadmill, go sailing and engage in outerplay (with the firm warning "Nothing in the vagina!" DH has peeked at me down there and can't wait till we get the ok to try out the new and improved playpen. I'm not too excited now but I'm sure I will be when the time comes.

I really don't feel worse now than before surgery. The backache and bloated belly feeling are gone. I no longer have to splint with bms. Stress incontinence is also gone. Energy level is slightly less but as I increase my walking this should improve.
Unread 08-09-2007, 12:59 AM
Better every day

[size=2][size=2]I had my hysterectomy (TAH) July 27th @ 7:30 am...DR was done in 1 1/2 hours. As the pathology report confirmed...endometriosis.
I can't say I had much pelvic pain due to it only I was bleeding all the time. Especially while intimate with my DH which only became more emotionally difficult because we knew what would be the end result. It would be a 'mini period' after each encounter...not fun for either one of us.

I am blessed to have 4 beautiful children...I also had an etopic pregnancy in which I ended up in the ER needing to have emergency surgery. (I conceived twice after that ,which to me, was pretty amazing). After my last child things only got worse especially in regards to my varicose veins. I had 2 leg surgeries last year to help alleviate the condition. I had 2 other procedures to try to correct the bleeding, the last prior to the hysterectomy is what is called an Ablation...where the sear the inside of your uterus. I due give my Dr. credit for at least trying the procedure. He's great...very caring, concerned and very diligent in assuring me that I NEEDED to have this taken care of sooner than later.

I only wish I would have known about this website sooner so that I would have been better prepared before my hysterectomy.

So, for those of you who haven't had your procedure done as of yet please take every opportunity to glean as much as you can from everyone here. We are all with you...and we'll be praying for you and your recovery. MAY YOU FIND ALL THE STRENGTH YOU NEED.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-09-2007, 06:18 AM

I was going to add that in the States, I don't think you will have as many checkups according to the type of surgery you've had.
My insurance said only two days at first, but, seeing as I was not even on food yet at that point...I think they were being conservative.

As I've lived in the UK and France for many years as well, I know that the systems there cover a lot more. My mother in law was wondering if our insurance covered a nurse's visit to the home to change the dressing.
You can even pick out your nurse, give her your prescriptions and she or he visits you and gives you shots, or checks your dressing. I have to admit that wouldn't be bad when riding in the car is so excruciating at first!
I think it's partly the gas pains moving around in your poor abs and the seat belt!
Unread 08-09-2007, 06:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tatorsalad99
is everyone having a 2 week check up but me? i don't go back til 6 weeks out...sept 4. i don't think i need a 2 week check up...i have no stitches to come out or anything like that. i did call my doc today to find out if he'd give me the go ahead to go back to work next week part time. he said if i promised not to work more than 3 or 4 hours a day that it was ok with him. so that's my plan. as far as gas is concerned....i was very lucky and never had any problems with gas, but i hear that gas-x works good. good luck everyone. my good thoughts go out to all!
tator

LAVH, bladder repair, 7/25/07
My 2-week check-up isn't until Monday morning. Should have been tomorrow but my doc is on vacation and I didn't want to see anyone else. I'm pretty sure he'll release me to do whatever I want, so waiting the extra 3 days is frustrating.
Unread 08-09-2007, 07:23 AM

I don't get a 2 week checkup either ~ I don't see the Dr. until 4 weeks post op (Aug 21st).
Unread 08-09-2007, 07:40 AM
slept through the night!

I feel like I did when my babies finally slept through the night. Feel like celebrating! I haven't slept all that well since my surgery. Waking every few hours in the first few days. It slowly got better but I would still wake at 4:30 and not be able to go back to sleep for an hour or so. I slept like a baby ALL last night! It was wonderful. It is the little things in life, eh?

I don't have a post-op checkup until Sept. 12th. I could see him sooner if I have problems, of course. If I have questions, I can call his nurse or email him anytime.
Unread 08-09-2007, 12:51 PM
bladder issues

I had a bladder sling put in Dec 2004. I shouldn't have waited the 8 years. It has been great, no pain hardly at all.

Then I had an ablation on June 6 and told them ... do not mess up my bladder sling!

Then the hysto on July 30 and that seems to be what is bothering me most now. Yesterday after a nap I had so much pressure I coudlnt' get up to pee and I had to pee lying on the sofa. I also feel pressure on my bladder and just not right.

I know I should call the doc but I see her next Wed. It seems some peopel have had problems but anyone in this time frame having them? I feel like I am done peeing and then go to wipe and I am still peeing.

Maybe it is normal but I am going to be really honkerblonked if I have to get this bladder sling redone after all this.

Thoughts?

Susan
Unread 08-09-2007, 05:00 PM
Out and about at last!

Hi everyone,

Yesterday I got to go to a morning tea/lunch with some friends and it was lovely. But I got really tired just talking and laughing and had to leave early at 2pm and come home to rest for 2 hours.

I'm being taken out again today (talk about spoilt!) and will probably do the big rest thing again. It's just so nice to be part of the real outside world again.

I'm starting to get frustrated with family and all the things I can't do. Things like asking dear son and his girlfriend (who lives with us) to put on a load of washing and then hang it out. The next day, it finally gets done and then other son forgets to hang it out and it's his school uniforms! Not mine!

When you're home, all the stuff you can't do sits and stares at you and I've just got to let it go and stay dirty. DH appears to be getting the flu so he'll be useless for the weekend as he's a typical male and the flu will be worse than what I've got of course. He is normally a beautiful human being I should add and I wouldn't trade him for the world.

To tatorsalad - I'm only having a 6 week check as well with the proviso that I can contact before then if any problems.

To Farmer68 - hope you start to feel better soon and get rid of those headaches and flashbacks.

To Yovidoc
- I still have gas pains at 2 1/2 weeks post op.

To sailingbelle - I'm amazed that you can sail - are you active crew or just a relaxed passenger?

To eliandhenry - I have no experience of a bladder sling but I sure hope you don't have to go through it all again and that it all eases up soon.

s to all
Unread 08-09-2007, 06:32 PM

Thanks Linda.

It means a lot just being heard.

Susan

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register