Hysterectomy dates Jul 23-Jul 30,2007 - Page 20 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Jul 23-Jul 30,2007 Hysterectomy dates Jul 23-Jul 30,2007

Unread 08-13-2007, 06:28 AM
Hysterectomy dates Jul 23-Jul 30,2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by Many Trails
I have had this concern related to some scant pinkish vaginal discharge since a few days post op. This morning it is BRIGHT RED!! It soaked through my panties onto my pants at breakfast. I have a panty liner on now and it is just spotting but it is BRIGHT RED!!

So, I call my doctor's nurse.... Out until Thursday. So, I call my doc.... out until the 24th!! I feel abandoned! I know he must have someone on call. I will call when the offices open. Only a little after 7 now.

ughhhh I have been feeling good. and I have been taking it easy. uughhhh

I need a
Here you go ~

I have been told that it's not uncommon to spot red again. It is blood but it could be from something as simple as an internal "scab" coming off from healing, or a stitch dissolving and the new skin stretched too much internally.

If it's still just spotting, don't panic. If you need more than a liner to contain it (like soaking a maxi pad) then you need to call or visit the ER if your doctor is unavailable.

Just chill out & rest so it can heal again.

I still have pink discharge Waiting for that to finally subside.....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-13-2007, 06:34 AM
Be strong

I agree with staying calm. If all you need is a panty liner right now, hold on until the office is open. As for feeling abandoned, it's funny how hormones kick in and make things feel more intense. I've had my days in which my DH has asked me to move if I was in the way and I broke down in tears. They haven't abandoned you and would never be so cruel. Once the office is open, share your concerns with the doctor and I'm sure she will provide reassurance.
Here's a big
Unread 08-13-2007, 07:01 AM

Hi there Many Trails
You poor thing - you must be frantic -
there must be some medical person who you can see - you must insist!! They just cant leave the office and not have someone incase of emergencies.
put your feet up and rest until you can see a Doc
take care
Dottiepink
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-13-2007, 09:30 AM
waiting

I just got up from a nap, called the clinic and they are going to have someone call me.

Thanks for all the reassurance!! And the hug!! I needed that. It is a little scary to see such bright red blood this far out.

So, just waiting for the call. Nothing has changed. Still bright red spotting. I am just worried because for some odd reason I don't heal very fast. Never have. I just don't want complications, of course. None of us do.

I am over the shock that my doc is out of town. I just had no idea that he was leaving. He didn't clear that with me. LOL

I will post what they tell me to do when I hear back.

Unread 08-13-2007, 10:12 AM

Just returned from my two-week checkup. The doctor didn't even examine me. We just talked. He said I was free to do all activities as long as I didn't push myself, and that I should be back to normal within the next four weeks.

He also said that spotting for 6 weeks post surgery, even with LSH, wasn't uncommon.

My biggest issue: he had started me on the Vivelle-Dot .05 post surgery. When he wrote my prescription, he wrote it for 0.1 which is twice the dosage! I didn't notice it until the pharmacy filled it. Now I'm waiting for the doctor to call the pharmacy and straighten it out.

Bad news is that I'm without ANY hormones until I get this prescription filled right.

AAARGH!
Unread 08-13-2007, 12:51 PM

I'm taking the 'natural' blend of supplements to see if it helps anything. I'd like to avoid the hormones if at all possible.

Then again, I'm forty nine and with no ovaries to tide me over, I guess, I am still open to that possibility.

I am having hot flashes though...yikes. walking around store with my daughter for her twentieth birthday...(twenty years almost exactly that I used the 'equipment' and when I stopped using it!) and I was bathed in sweat! Jeepers.

I'm still worried about Many Trails...but someone will call you, don't worry.
I haven't called my doctor locally because the thing looks better.
I went and found they have three ply gauze things...and taped one on the spot that was leaking. Works much better.
Unread 08-13-2007, 05:51 PM
Boobs hurtin' too

Ok...so I went to my Mammogram appointment today...as if I wasn't sore enough already. And now my boobs hurt too...LOL! But all is fine up there...

Next I call to make an appointment with the neurologist for the numbness in my right leg...is any one else still having the same 'side effect' from surgery??? Well, get this, the next available appointment isn't until August 29th...2 days AFTER my next DR visit. So, he won't have any results for us to discuss in reference to it. They did however say that the will call me if something opens up, so I guess I'll be hopeful that someone will cancel.

I'm sorry to hear that some of you are having more difficulties than I am. I hope that you will [all] get better soon. If you are anything like me...CRAZY. Then we all need to sit back, let others do things for YOU, and ENJOY THE TIME OFF. I know it's easier to DIY and we have our own way of doing things but we need the time off to heal. I have 3 small children too so I know that it's hard when you hear...MOM, ______ etc. I want to do some FUN things with them too. Hopefully in the next couple of weeks before BTS starts again.

That's it for now...just remember to PAMPER THE PRINCESS!

We often forget to take care of ourselves due to taking care of others.

Big to all my 'sistas'!!!
Unread 08-13-2007, 10:02 PM

I think I am going to make it! A nurse from the clinic called me later this afternoon. She reassured me that the bleeding could be normal if I wasn't having any other problems. It has went back and forth from the pink that I was having before to bright red and back again. But only spotting mostly when I wipe and nothing close to what happened this morning. So, she said I could continue to do my walking but to take it easy otherwise. I slept the whole day on and off, and it felt wonderful.

Thanks for all your support!! This group is really wonderful and such a comfort!! It means so much to not be going through this alone
Unread 08-14-2007, 06:13 PM
Good to hear you've made contact!

Hi to all,

Great to hear you sounding better ManyTrails. Sometimes we all just need that reassurance from the nurse or doctor.

Yesterday I noticed a milky white vaginal discharge and overnight the itching started, so I'm wondering how long I will put up with it before I ring the doctor again and get some relief from it. I suppose it doesn't really matter what the cause is but I'm trying to work out whether it is just a normal thing after a TAH, whether I'm reacting to the HRT (tibolone which I've been on for two weeks) or whether it's reacting to the antibiotics I had to take after the first week.

I'm also having some shocking headaches. Bad pain that sometimes comes and goes again quite quickly, but other times, like the last two nights, I've woken up with a shocker and needed strong pain relief. Feel like the right side of my head is going to cave in!

After so many days of feeling great, this is a bit of a downer!
Thanks for letting me vent.

Hope you all heal well. s to all.
Unread 08-14-2007, 06:29 PM

Thanks for the well wishes! I have almost no discharge today. Not even pink! Yeah!! Of course that could all change tomorrow but I won't get so worried if it happens again.

((Linda)) I have been feeling like I may be getting a yeast infection too. Oh I would call my doctor and get some relief if you think you are getting a yeast infection. I don't think that is uncommon especially after having been on antibiotics. Why let it get worse and suffer? Yeast infections are so uncomfortable and I would think it wouldn't be good for the healing tissue inside. I am not sure about Australia but in the states they give a one time oral dose of Diflucan (fluconazole). What a beautiful thing, eh?

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register