Hysterectomy dates Jul 23-Jul 30,2007 - Page 22 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Jul 23-Jul 30,2007 Hysterectomy dates Jul 23-Jul 30,2007

Unread 08-15-2007, 04:14 PM
Still got those headaches and fuzzy brain!

Hi all,

Thank heaven I'm not the only one with the fuzz brain!. I was trying to do some study yesterday and in the end I spent most of the day on my bed trying to sooth the headache, but even when I did emerge, thinking logically and coherently was a bit difficult.

I find it hard to sustain interest in concentrating for longer than about ten minutes. I'm meant to go into work tomorrow for a workshop that's on offer and which I would normally really enjoy and get a lot out of, but I'm a bit worried that I won't take anything in. I've said I'll just go for the morning and see how I feel.

About drinking water Floralina - I have a 750 mL water bottle close by and try to drink one before lunch, one between lunch and dinner and another one before bed. If I get to lunchtime and my water bottle's still three quarters full, then I have a big guzzle, but it's a good reminder through the day of the need to drink.

Sleeping/Insomnia - I have been sleeping really well, except for the two nights before last when I woke with the bad headaches. But the nights I have found it hard to sleep are horrible. I sympathise with those of you finding sleep hard to come by. The nights just seem to drag on forever don't they.

I yelled at the dog this morning as she was under my feet in the kitchen and my DH put her outside. Wonder if this is a sign of the Jekyll and Hyde person I'm about to become?!

I"m going to have a big drink, two Panadol and take the dog round the block. Might make me feel better - feel very flat today and that's unusual for me, but not unusual for hystersisters I suspect.

s to all and thank heaven for this site.

Cheers, Linda
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-15-2007, 04:45 PM
Hysterectomy dates Jul 23-Jul 30,2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by Floralina57
Not a bad idea! After all, what else will we be doing with sanitary napkins?
Alas, I need to keep a package in my cupboard ~ they make great bandages for leg wounds on horses.
Unread 08-15-2007, 06:17 PM

Oh goodie, a second interview with a bigwig tomorrow at the same company!
please don't let me get the fuzzy brain thing when I'm discussing things with him...particularly money! Please don't let my lack of it make me look like 'hire me hire me'...

The best kind of sanitary napkin for this is the cheapest brand as the fancy ones with all sorts of plastic this and that...don't let it breathe.

Wound is not leaking at all today, finally...

I've just put some pure raspberry juice in my water...just to flavor it a bit.

Need to thank sister for haircut...I've never had so many compliments! Serves me right for trying to grow it out...sigh.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-15-2007, 06:29 PM
Metamucil Disaster

I've discovered that Metamucil and diet 7-up do NOT go well together. It pretty much exploded all over my counter and floor and my poor DH ended up on his knees cleaning up the mess. Learn something new everday!
Unread 08-15-2007, 08:43 PM
U r all 2 funny

Seems like they didn't remove our sense of humor...thankfully!

I'm grateful too for the support and care we have for each other.

My DH has not had even 1 surgery so he doesn't empathize at all with the pain factor. He thinks I'm the 'woman of steel'...although he has seen me through 6 surgeries now. But this is by far the hardest one for me since my gall bladder was removed some 14 years ago.

I'll keep u ALL in my prayers tonight...no headaches or restless nights...only sweet dreams!!!
Unread 08-15-2007, 09:02 PM

Hello to all, I am a newbie here and been reading alot of post with some great advice, however I was wondering if anyone has had a vaginal cuff sercoma ( I believe it is a hematoma (more blood than fluid)) and what did they do for releif? I hate taking all of the medication for pain. It makes me loopy and I am three weeks post op from a total abdominal hysterectomy with a bladder lift. All of the pressure from the blood accumulating on my bladder and bowel has made it very painful to go number 1 or 2!! I have been dealing with a lot of pain while sitting or walking and now that the physician has reopened my vaginal cuff for drainage I felt better yesterday, but today the drainage has decrease and I feel like it is refilling,and now I have the pain while laying down. I would appreciate any advise about alternative pain relief options. Thanks for your time.
Unread 08-15-2007, 09:16 PM

I just loved your story about the metamucil! ROFL Had to share it with the whole house, everyone enjoyed it. Thank for the heads up with it, do you feel that metamucil really helps? I have never tryed it current still taking laxatives and stool softeners!
Unread 08-15-2007, 09:46 PM

Hello ladies. I have been coming along and glad to see so many of you are doing better also. I have absolutely wonderful days and then will have 2 days were I am sore beyond belief (what is that?) I too seem to have communication blanks where I'll be mid sentence and just kind of trail off. I guess the the medication/anesthesia stuff could possibly still be in our system. Who really knows. The sleep thing - well I get exhausted mid day but try not to nap. However, when I finally do sleep, its broken sleep and I still awake between 5-6 a.m. We still have a way to go yet.

Lovely lady, Multiple large fibroids, pendulated fibroid, adenmoyosis
Unread 08-16-2007, 07:31 AM

Hello,

I'm very sorry to hear about the Metamucil and Seven up incident. You'd think they'd tell you 'in the unlikely event that you should drink Seven Up, prepare yourself' but no. I do appreciate the fact that sometimes you'll do anything to go normally!

Sercomawoman, that sounds very uncomfortable and unsettling. I admit that from everyone here as well as a few other folks who've had abdominal surgery, returning to normal functions seems to be the major problem.
But in your case, it appears to be more serious.
I do feel for you having to take pain medication so far after the surgery.
Maybe someone else will have had the same experience but elsewhere on the site as well.

About the sense of humor, I agree that, without one, this would be much harder to take.

My spouse has not only not had any surgery, but, fears things like that with a passion. He was hospitalized as a child for something they suspected after being treated for the wrong thing by a doctor. He's never gotten over that. He also expects me to be able to go about these interviews and apply for jobs far away from us...that would require public transport and getting jostled, and extreme fatigue. If I make any comments about how my body is still recovering, he scoffs at them.
I haven't even shown him my scar yet, but just wait, I will if I have to. I"m used to it as are my friends and family, but he sure isn't!
I know that in the week leading up to the surgery, and I had no idea until the Friday before the operation on the next Tuesday that I'd actually have to have the operation or how bad it was, he was not around much at all, and at one point he asked me' so they cannot just treat you some other way? They have to operate?' And I lifted up my shirt and said 'look, it goes from the pelvis to the rib cage on the right then all the way to the left for good measure...you get it?' and he finally stopped saying things that were so stupid.

Now, he's around but, just neglects to think that I'm not as spry as I might be.
Unread 08-16-2007, 10:59 AM
thinking of all

Floraline,
yes this surgery has taken its toll on me it is my second one in 2 months. The first one was a lap/w and abl. This year has been hard. It sounds like you have had it difficult too. A friend of mine had her hyst about 6 wks before I and her husband tells her to suck it up and go back to work, she was moving furniture in the bedroom and pulled a few stitches, her husband wanted it done before he got home from work. How do I say it and not sound rude, but men just dont understand what we are going through. I wish you the best on going back to work, they have extend my leave for 2 more weeks.

Lovelylady,
I am so glad there are wonderful women on here to relate to, I thought the broken sleep was just me untill I seen your post.

Thanks for all the advice, Hyster Sisters!!! r:

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register