Hysterectomy dates Jul 23-Jul 30,2007 - Page 23 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Jul 23-Jul 30,2007 Hysterectomy dates Jul 23-Jul 30,2007

Unread 08-16-2007, 05:59 PM
Wow!!!

I think I would have just had to tell my husband to do it his self. My husband on the other hand is the exact opposite. It has been 3 weeks since my surgery and he still gets upset at me because I have started to do laundry again on my own. Because the way I look at it if they really love us as much as they say they do they will not put our well being at risk just so they will have less work to do!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-16-2007, 08:09 PM
Hysterectomy dates Jul 23-Jul 30,2007

Glad to hear everyone is doing well.
I haven't done much typing since 7/26 surgery. My concentration is only just starting to return to normal. Still a little foggy, itchy and achy.

Spent week 2 at a vacaton condo with my family. MD approved. It was good. Home has a lot of distractions and things to be done. Everyone else handled the shopping and cooking. I napped, read, and caught up on everyone's lives.

I'm a little appauled at the size of the dust bunnies at home. My daughters and granddaughter have been wonderful about coming over to help and hubby tries. But I can't wait until I can give the house a good scrub down.
Unread 08-17-2007, 07:21 AM

Good morning all! Still not sleeping well, and still spotting. Sometimes it's pink, sometimes it's bright red. The waiting to heal continues, I guess.

All in all, feeling very lucky that recovery has gone as smoothly as it has. I have been able to wear shorts for the last three days, and my bowels are returning to normal. Funny how suddenly I'm appreciating the little things!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-17-2007, 07:29 AM

One of the things that I can't do is feed the cat properly because it involves bending over in the closet...she keeps on looking at me quizzically!

I'm really being careful with groceries, and anything over five pounds in one hand.

Weird, but I am strict about it.

I have not had many breaks away from this place, unless we count my hospital stay or the night before was kind of fun with my sister in the hotel before the surgery...if fleet enema can be said to be fun! or not getting the breakfast at the bed and breakfast because of surgery coming up that morning!
I'm going to drive about an hour north of here to see an old childhood friend in town at her sister's, my best friend. I have not met her younger children, and my own son needs to see other people instead of hanging around here all the time.

I'm reluctant to do this, but, I think if we avoid rush hour, it shoudl be ok.
Now that my incision is healed over a bit more, I'm feeling better about it.

If I knew I had gotten that job, I'd be going somewhere more adventurous...the sea perhaps.
Unread 08-17-2007, 08:51 AM

I have found a great answer to the bowel problem... Kashi's Good Friends cereal. Works like a charm. Kashi Autumn Wheat and Cinnamon Harvest are very good and work very well also but made me painfully gassy so had to give them up. Good Friends for some reason doesn't increase the gas so much for me.

Just thought I would share
Unread 08-17-2007, 08:57 AM

I have to confirm this. My sister who is completely obsessed with fiber, offered me several kinds and I said 'how about Good friends?' She said 'that's hard core stuff...if you dare!'
If you have Trader Joe's in your area, they have a very high fiber cereal that has a bit of puffed wheat or some grain in it that takes away the heavy taste.

Isn't it odd how much gas really bugs us at this phase still?
Unread 08-17-2007, 07:49 PM
Just curious

I'm not experiencing the gas thing (which is fine with me). However I wanted to know if if was due to the type of surgery?

I had a TAH, kept ovaries. Coulda that be why? I'm sorry you gals are feeling this way. I just get the cramps really bad...like when you drink too much coffee and have to run to the restroom. But, I have pretty much always been this way, meaning that food/drinks go right through me...especially after my gall bladder was removed I found that I need to stay close to the 'bano'.

I had a nice day taking the kids to the park (with my Husband).
I couldn't push my little girl on the swing or chase after my boys but it was nice to get out of the house for a while. They were getting stir crazy @ home so I figured they could let out some of their 'never ending' energy.

Hopefully I will have peaceful nights' sleep tonight. My daughter woke up crying but she didn't say what was bothering her...only wanted to sleep with me...which meant she jabbed me a few times where it hurts.

Hoping you all find the relief you need.

In regards to men (spouses) I don't know why they are so insensitive and sometimes downright rude...gonna ask the Lord someday about it. I think they just expect us to bounce right back and be 'business as usual'. Maybe we spoiled them somewhere along the line but I know I get pretty emotionally upset whenI hear my man say to 'suck it up' or 'alright already'. ONLY WE know how we feel or what we should do. AND EVEN THEN it's only because of the DR's advice, or the support/advice from others, like many of YOU here, [ ] who have gone what we went through that we know our limitations or expectations.
It's a slow process and if we try to 'hurry it up' we only jeopardize our health. We just have to 'suck it up' in our own way and let things be...until WE are ready to move forward.

Sweet dreams ladies.
Unread 08-18-2007, 06:22 AM
Blocked vein?

Hey guys!

Yesterday was a pretty busy day for me! I went to work at 8:30am intending to only stay until noon. I didn't finish my projects until 1:30 but then the ranch foreman came to me to tell me we needed more chicken feed (for 200 chickens). I was also out of feed myself so I decided I felt good enough to make the 1 hour drive to the big CO-OP up in College Station (Texas A&M )

There is a hurricane way out from us and the news has been preaching readiness and evacuation routes. I figured it would be best to be well stocked with feed too ~

I made it to the mill, picked up 2 tons of chicken, horse and dog food then headed back. It was 5 pm when I rolled back onto my office property. I had to go find a hand to unload the bags (50 lbs is definitely over my limit) then went home.

DH and I decided to go out to eat for the first "date" since the surgery. We ended up at Joes Crab Shack and I had myself 1.5 hours of cracking snow crabs YUM!
Afterward, we took dinner to a police officer buddy who was working a security job. By the time we headed back home it was 11pm and it's over a 30 minute drive to the house.

I was bushed! But I had a really nice evening. IT feels good to spend time out with DH instead of home with 3 kids all the time.

On another note: I am pretty sure I developed a blocked vein in my arm. There is a small knot in the vein about 3 inches up from my IV site. It's painful to touch and when I stretch my arm out. I searched the web and the HysterSister site and it seems to be a common thing. I'm still concerned but not panicked. My 4 week checkup is Wednesday and I will ask about it.

I hope all are doing well ~
Unread 08-18-2007, 07:01 AM

Good morning ladies! I slept last night!!! Woo hoo!

Marie63, in answer to your gas question, as I understand it there are two sources. The first is for those of us who had laparoscopic surgery. They inflate the area where they work with gas so they can see what they are doing. In my case, the gas settled around my rib cage and it was 4 very painful days before it dissipated. The second is bowel gas because it sometimes takes a while to get the system going properly again.

Farmer68: the cracked crab sounds delicious and fun. Glad you had a great date.

DH is spending the day getting the house ready for the hurricane. We're pretty far north so we're not so worried about the wind. But the land is so saturated that any significant amount of rain can cause flooding.

My big contribution will be filling my gas tank.
Unread 08-18-2007, 08:50 AM

Hi there all
i havent replied to any posts for a few days but i need to moan!!
My good friends mum died this week (brain cancer), my cat was killed yesterday afternoon, and today, my daughter lied to me about something so silly, then DH goes off to the first football match this season and leaves me with a grounded daughter and a dog looking for his furry friend, - I feel really sorry for myself today!!!!
Apart from that healing nicely and can now hoover, iron, cook, mop etc and can walk the dog without much bother, as long as he is good and doesnt pull too much. I have a docs app on mon just with the GP - not consultant, and I am hoping to get the all clear to drive. My app with consultant is for 16th October - 12 weeks after surgery - he told me not to work until after this time but I am planning to go back 4th Sept as I am going slowly MAD.
thank you for giving me the time to wallow in self pity - keep smiling no one will guess!!
Take care all
Dottiepink

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register