Hysterectomy dates Jul 23-Jul 30,2007 - Page 29 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Jul 23-Jul 30,2007 Hysterectomy dates Jul 23-Jul 30,2007

Unread 08-25-2007, 09:22 PM
Hysterectomy dates Jul 23-Jul 30,2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by eliandhenry
Jen,

It is so hot here today and I was sweating on my incision that is below my fat roll. OH boy that is uncomfortable! It is itching but I don't think I should put baby powder on it which is what I want to do. So I put a layer of toilet paper there. So attractive.

Thanks.

Susan
I know I've read somewhere on this site that some ladies have used panty liners to help absorb moisture. I've been using them to seem with a small draining issue. I wouldnt use baby powder.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-26-2007, 02:31 PM
Weekend outing

Well, I just got back from our "last hurrah" outing before school on Monday.
I took the 3 kids to Sea World in San Antonio. I drove up Friday morning (about 3 hour trip) and met my Dad & step mom at the park. I still have to wear pads due to spotting so I had to make sure everyone understood that I could NOT get wet during our visit

We had 2 day passes so we didn't kill ourselves all on the first day! At 6pm, we were on the shuttle back to the RV park where we all stayed in my Dad's camper. I felt pretty good at the end of the day!
Saturday at Sea World was much longer! I actually caught a couple of cat naps under a tree while my folks took the kids on the long wait rides. The only problem I had was I got rather chaffed on my epi from the walking/sweating all day. We left the park at 8pm, showered at the RV park & headed back to Houston. We stopped for dinner before we got out of San Antonio and then realized I really was too tired to drive 3 more hours. The kids and I pulled into the first hotel that had free cable (we only have peasant-vision at home) and crashed with the TV on.
We finally got back home at about 1 this afternoon (Sunday) and I feel no worse for wear. We all had a great time!!!

Now for all the laundry.....

Sex ~ As far as healing and doing everyday activities, I feel like I am in the top 10% of my class but in regards to sex, I am NOT ready to even try. I'm not physically or mentally ready even for outside play much less intercourse
For those of you brave (or desperate) enough to go for it ~ hats off! But not me. Not yet.
Unread 08-26-2007, 03:38 PM

I am so excited. Went to the gym and all the treadmills were full so I tried the exercise bike (the kind with a back rest and you are sitting back on your bottom). I got through 30 minutes without pain. I was cleared for this at 2 week checkup but perineal area was not ready. Now I can alternate between the treadmill and bike - maybe my feet won't hurt so much.

Farmer68 - I'm so glad that you got to do the final summer outing. I hope we can do something over Labor Day, will probably go sailing if the weather is a little cooler.

As far as sex goes, DH won't touch me until Dr gives the ok. We have enjoyed getting creative with the outer play though. It actually seems to relax some of pinchy feeling that I sometimes get.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-26-2007, 05:00 PM
Halfway there

I had my TAH on 7/27 and have been feeling generally well.

Becky, Sorry to here how bad it's been for you. I hope and pray that your DR has been on top of it for you and that you've found the strength to get through all this. I had two legs surgeries last fall...so I'm grateful that these were taken care of prior as I could only imagine what you are going through...big to you.

I too have been rather busy TRYING to get back into mainstream life. My kids start school soon too and I wanted to have some type of fun. My DH took my 2 sons to Soak City in PS, CA to celebrate their birthdays...both in Aug. I missed not being able to go. So me and my little girl went to visit my BIG girl and her 3 boys. We did some scrapbooking which was great as she wanted to work on the newest boys' baby album.

I know you've all been talking about many things such as the recovery process for each of you. I don't know what's going on the past 3-4 days but I think I'm making up for lost time.
I've had A LOT of GAS in which I'm burping out...LOL. However, I can't seem to keep much food in my system. I've had to stay close to home. On Thursday afternoon I made my DH pull in to a nearby McDonalds just to have to wait in line..talk about having to wait any longer was just killing me. Anyway I think my body may be refusing to take any more Vicodin. I felt like I still needed it last week so my DR refilled my prescription but now I think I'm going to cut down the dosage and see if that helps. I have 2 flights of stairs to deal will everyday so I've been getting plenty of exercise since coming home from the hospital. And I'm almost back down to my pre-surgery weight in which I can where my clothes without looking a few months pregnant.

I have one month left before going back to work...I can't say I'm looking forward to it. I'm looking to getting a new job. In fact I got a call back to come and work PT for a company I used to work at but don't want to get into any legal issues so I will need research the matter.

Feeling tired a bit more too but today it's overcast in Sunny CA and it even was sprinkling for a bit.

I have my 4 week post op appointment tomorrow. I told my DH
that I want to know when we can resume our intimacy a bit deeper. I've been able to pleasure him but want to get some reciprocation that's more fun filled for me, if you know what I mean. I know my DR will probably tell me '2 more weeks' so I may just need to be patient and work SLOWLY back into it. Sounds like many of us are frisky kittens ready for play.

Any hoot...take care all you LOVELY ladies. And a big for the new week.
Unread 08-26-2007, 08:38 PM
back to square one

Well though I would update on my recovery or lack there of. Friday I was readmitted for surgery to remove my hematoma and clean up my seroma. When I awoke I found that they had also brought in a GI surgeon to take my appendix because it was infected from the hematoma, he also had to seperate my bowel from each other because of many adhesions and my ovaries had to be removed from the bowel they had adhesed there. I am sitting in the hospital with now a three day post op, and before I was 4 1/2 weeks post op. Surgeon says that I have another 6 weeks of recover, I am back to square one.

Out of all of this my message to all of you is to listen to your body it tells you when something is wrong. Mine did and I am glad I listened and made others listen Or I might not be here.
Unread 08-27-2007, 04:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sercomawoman
Well though I would update on my recovery or lack there of. Friday I was readmitted for surgery to remove my hematoma and clean up my seroma. When I awoke I found that they had also brought in a GI surgeon to take my appendix because it was infected from the hematoma, he also had to seperate my bowel from each other because of many adhesions and my ovaries had to be removed from the bowel they had adhesed there. I am sitting in the hospital with now a three day post op, and before I was 4 1/2 weeks post op. Surgeon says that I have another 6 weeks of recover, I am back to square one.

Out of all of this my message to all of you is to listen to your body it tells you when something is wrong. Mine did and I am glad I listened and made others listen Or I might not be here.

Well that Sucks!
At least you know there were real causes of your pain so hopefully they got you all straightened out. Man, I'm so sorry you have to start all over.
Unread 08-27-2007, 07:06 PM

I'm in my post-op 5th week - feeling very well - kind of tired, but walking, laughing and actually can cough and sneeze now w/o feeling like my insides will fall out! 6-week check up next Wed. Turns out that there was adenomyosis along with chock full o' fibroids. I now realize that I have no more symptoms: no pain, cramps, headaches, clotty bleeding, backaches at all! Best thing I've ever done for myself it turns out! Thank you, hystersisters, for your support and advice. Looking forward to getting back to work and to the gym and working out with a much healthier body and mind!
Unread 08-27-2007, 08:37 PM

HI one and all. I was relieved to hear that our one sister on here got help for that continuous problem and although it's got to be hard to go right back there for more surgery on that appendix, at least they got it!

I've just gotten back from a long weekend to see my extended family and cousins I had not seen for years. Turns out my mom's the only one in the sixty to seventies who has 'all her stuff!' Well, the two girl cousins are ok too...
I drove my teenager up and back...and we stopped a lot. It's the first time I ever stopped that much. And I forced myself to go to the grungy restrooms, and then, to walk around a bit each time.
I had one scare...and I think I see why we're not supposed to drive that much...I was going down the mountain and these yahoos came all the way across into my lane and my son said later that I was really cool headed. I said, 'oh yeah? I think I basically just wasn't going to have anyone hitting me with their car after all the trouble of healing this dang scar!
It was close in any case...and, I think I felt as though I'd been daring to drive that far, but, at that speed, those kids would have probably killed us both.
Don't know what they'd been drinking.

My son complemented me for my level head...sniff sniff!

Anyhow, back at home doing laundry and hitting the job trail once more.
I'm only getting little bitty bites that aren't enough to feed the monstrous bills. Trying not to freak out, but, it is getting to be a long haul here.

NO word on that last job.
Unread 08-28-2007, 02:52 AM

Floralina,

I notice that in the US people seem to be allowed to drive far sooner than here in Ireland. We're never allowed to drive at all for the first 6 weeks and some surgeons say 8 weeks. I wonder if that's because cars here have manual gear change.

My 6 week checkup is this day week and I'm really hoping to be allowed to go back to driving then.

Mary.
Unread 08-28-2007, 05:52 AM

I have a manual transmission on my car, and I was allowed to drive at 2 weeks post op.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register