Hysterectomy dates Jul 23-Jul 30,2007 - Page 31 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Jul 23-Jul 30,2007 Hysterectomy dates Jul 23-Jul 30,2007

Unread 08-29-2007, 09:54 AM
Hysterectomy dates Jul 23-Jul 30,2007

Wow, I too had to have two surgeries. My first one was supposed to be a laprascopic hysterectomy. They "got in there" and found the endo (didn't know I had it) and my dr. wasn't qualified to deal with my other organs that were stuck together so he sewed me up and told me to go to the nearest town to us that had a dr. qualified. Atleast he was man enough to admit his lack of skill. I admire him for that. I was over that procedure within a week though. I had my "real" hysterectomy 2 1/2 weeks later. I've been recovering from surgeries for nearly two months. Will be glad when it's all just over...although, it could be worse. I could be dying or dead, huh? Atleast I'm not dealing with cancer.

I'm in a little bit of a better frame of mind today, although I'm a little upset that they've changed my home health nurse. That frustrates me greatly, but I'm gonna try not to let it get me down today. I don't wanna end up in the depths of despair again today like yesterday. Thanks for your encouraging words yesterday. They really helped...I know I'll be visiting here often.

Diana
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-29-2007, 12:02 PM

I tried mopping 2 days ago.... not a good idea. I too have a sore swelly belly today. Almost 5 weeks post op. I started back to work, third shift desk job. It seems to be keeping me out of trouble though. It's soooo hard to ignore the things that we're not suppose to be doing yet. Work is a good distraction.

Itchy incisions.... I've found that antibacterial hand stuff (the no water hand sanitizers) helps when nothing else cools it. Just a little dab. Probably not good if not healed over though, I think it would sting.

Keep up the smiles ladies, we are healing. We would be kind and generous to anyone else in our lives, we have to do the same for ourselves.
Unread 08-29-2007, 02:31 PM

I haven't tried mopping yet. Although my vacuum is very heavy and it doesn't bother me, so I'm doubting mopping would. Maybe I'll give it a try...it could certainly use it in here!!! LOL I think mopping is about the only thing I haven't tried yet besides working at my outside of the house job. I'm doing that tomorrow. It's pretty much a desk job, though...sometimes a lot of walking. But it's at the family business so if I get tired, I can just come home. My mother in law is VERY anxious for me to come back to work. That's the main reason I'm going back. Otherwise, I'd probably wait til 6 weeks post op atleast. I never thought she'd be like this about me coming back...not that she's necessarily been bad about it...just persistent. She had the very same surgery as me several years ago and seemed genuinely concerned about what I was going to have to go thru before I ever had my first surgery....now I feel like she's pressuring me to come back to work. That's kinda had me stressed...but oh well, I guess that's life.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-29-2007, 04:06 PM
5 weeks

Hi all!!
I am 5 weeks post op today and I'm at work. Feeling pretty good...like my old self...just tired. I had LAVH (total hyst) with a bladder repair on July 25. My recovery has been very smooth. Got the OK to drive 6 days post op. Went back to work 2 weeks ago, few hours here and there...easing into it. Trying to work full time this week. It's an office job...a little stressful, but not too physically demanding. One of my little incisions was infected last week and I had to go to the doc. Saw my nurse practitioner and she dug out the stray stitch that was causing me trouble and it's all better now. Found out I had a vaginal infection too and got anitbiotic for that. That's the only glitch I've had with my recovery. I started on estorgen patch while in the hospital and I'm doing pretty good with that too. My 6 week checkup is next Tuesday. I guess I'm pretty lucky to be healing so well. My thoughts and prayers go out to the princesses that are having troubles. Trust me....there will come a day when you will glad you had this surgery. I feel better today than I've felt in years!! Good luck to all. I will check in again after my check up next week.
to all!!
Debbie
Unread 08-29-2007, 05:32 PM

I'm almost embarassed to say this, however that's kinda what this board is about so here goes......

I think my sex drive is actually better now. I haven't been released yet to "do it," but I've been having dreams about it and find myself wanting to...maybe more so than pre op. I haven't told my DH because I don't want to make him anymore miserable than he already must be. I had first surgery almost 7 wks ago, second almost 5 weeks ago...wasn't released to have sex from first one when I had the second one. I'm sure he's miserable. I've wondered if I want it just because I know I can't have it right now or what. I was terribly worried that I wouldn't want it at all after surgery. My dr. won't put me on hormones until 6 wks post op, so I'm not on any right now. I'm wondering how it'll effect sex drive when I do go on them. Kinda scary...I don't wanna have NO sex drive. I think he and I both are looking forward to not having to worry about becoming pregnant, not worrying about pain, bleeding, being able to be spontaneous....I'm hoping that the way I'm viewing it will have as much or more of an impact on my sex drive as the hormones. Anyone have an opinion? I know we're all relatively new to this....
Unread 08-29-2007, 08:16 PM

I sure have been thinking about sex now post-op more than pre-op. I guess that means I want to... I was feeling so anti-sex before simply because of the discomfort and pain, but now I am hoping that we can try this soon (my 6-week check up is next Tuesday) to see how everything is working down there! Sorry if I offend... I had a TAH/BSO so it's all shifted around inside and I'm feeling pretty darn good (taking Estriol tabs every night so far). I've heard that including a little bit of testoterone to your HRT helps with the libido if there are any problems.
Unread 08-30-2007, 02:45 AM

hey, has anyone got any small pimples near their incision? i'm 5 weeks post op and have a horizontal incision in my pubic hair.
Unread 08-30-2007, 04:54 AM

Rachel, I wonder if some of the marks from the clips have become infected. That might account for the pimples.

Mary.
Unread 08-30-2007, 07:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rachel-artist
hey, has anyone got any small pimples near their incision? i'm 5 weeks post op and have a horizontal incision in my pubic hair.
Rachel ~ it is pobably just the pubic hair growing back ... it's quite uncomfortable and sometimes involves ingrown hairs.

However, it the little pimples spread, begin to look more like acne or a rash, or the skin becomes warm to touch call you Dr. as it could be a yeast infection. It's not uncommon after this surgery to get that type of infection especially in warm and moist creases of the body. I go one under my breasts about 3 weeks post-op, and a little anti-fungal/anti-bacterial cream cleared it right up.
Unread 08-30-2007, 12:22 PM

We're having a heat wave here in California and it's about 104 in my car when I go out to drive. I can't tell if it's my heat flashes or what but boy, takes a lot more energy!

Hey has anyone else thought of how nice it is to go away on a weekend or a small trip without thinking, 'just my luck, my period's that week?'

Besides having that hot flashing anger when my spouse dumped my laundry on the floor and took his, which I might have had and most women I know would have had anyhow, I haven't yet had too much trouble.
I'm taking an OTC remedy for menopausal symptoms with Black cohosh etc for heat.
I just try to get out of whatever situation it is that I"m in if at all possible if I feel overwhelmingly hot.

My scar is so much better...I mean, it's all cleaned up finally, nothing poking out any more...I measured it and it's over a foot long, so, it was getting to be a pain taking care of it. I may be able to swim in the complex pool as there aren't that many folks in the pool. There are plenty of seniors here, so, I guess they don't bother. I am not usually that picky but, this is a special situation. I didn't relish the idea of swimming in a pool with too many kids in it.

I had this strange reaction to hearing a little toddler crying in the supermarket. I am sympathetic to parents in stores, of course, but, I just thought, 'you've done your time...now you can be an aunt and a grandmother...and that's ok.' Not like I was still going to have a child at my age, but, something inside me has relaxed. Knowing that no birth control is ever required?

My weight is up a tiny bit, but, that initial drop of twenty five pounds is still being kept. I'm cool as I can see the difference in my body. Not as much water going on each period either...whoopee.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register