Hysterectomy dates Jul 23-Jul 30,2007 - Page 32 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Jul 23-Jul 30,2007 Hysterectomy dates Jul 23-Jul 30,2007

Unread 08-30-2007, 12:54 PM
Hysterectomy dates Jul 23-Jul 30,2007

floralina....i know what you mean by planning those little weekend trips around your period!! i can go camping now and don't have to ever worry about it!!! being in the mountains with no toilet and being on your period is not fun!! i feel great!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-30-2007, 01:20 PM

When am I gonna feel great?? I'm 5 weeks post op today and I don't feel great....I don't feel as bad as I did 2 days post op, but I feel far from great. (Read my posts on page 30) I did go back to work today, but MIL made me leave at noon...normally, that'd have been a good thing because both kids are at school/sitter and I've had the afternoon alone (that NEVER happens). So what do I do? Mope! I'm glad I wasn't home all day....I'd be a wreck by now. I'm so tired of being hooked up to a hindrance of a machine 24/7, I'm tired of wounds that aren't healed up yet (hindrance), I'm tired of hot flashes, of not being able to make love to my DH, of being moody....I NEED HORMONES! That must be the answer...the cure all (I'd be happy with the cure "most.")

Sorry all I've done is vent since I"ve been here...ya'll are gonna hate to see posts by me. I'm really sorry.
Unread 08-30-2007, 01:37 PM

Srdandt,

I am sorry to hear that you're not feeling much better, but there are different reasons I guess. You have younger kids and mine are, well one's out of the house and a student not too far away, and the other one is a teenager who took his responsibilities very seriously towards me and became a 'man' in my eyes during this mess.
I know if I had younger children to take care of I'd be a mess.

Plus you have pressure on you to work at your former job and yet, you're not really ready yet. I was job seeking so having enormous financial stress but the whole operation put things into perspective.

I am feeling better than some people because the tumor must have weighed a ton and was weighing on my kidneys and other stuff and making me feel like hell. It wasn't painful and I thought it was just being fat and not being good enough at dieting, so, for me, the surgery hurt but, the weight loss gave me a lot of energy. I"m also feeling extremely lucky that it was not cancer.

On the contrary, I don't think we find this a pain at all, and I figure that's why it's here.

I know that I was sobered up while waiting with my pathology report that was scary, but my operation was in a major cancer center and many would have loved to have been in my shoes. I felt guilty for being overjoyed over this and that.

They really shook us up in there though, and it's going to take time to heal.

OH I just thought of what this reminds me of...when you have a baby, especially the first child, and they don't sleep at all, nothing, nothing works and your body needs healing and you start work too early and that child keeps on waking up every five seconds, and then you talk to another mom and she's smugly telling you that 'oh no, Junior is sleeping through the night.'
I guess that's possible, but you feel like strangling them!
My second child did but I firmly refused to brag about it...and shared my joy only with him!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-30-2007, 02:25 PM

srdandt,
i am so sorry you are having so much trouble with your recovery. i think mine has gone well because i only have the 3 little incisions (LAVH), plus, my kids are grown and out of the house. hubby stayed home with me for 2 weeks...waited on me hand and foot. so i got LOTS of rest with no pressure or stress. i can tell you, tho, that my middle child was a c-section and i overdid it when i got home and ended up back in the hospital after 4 weeks. but when you have little kids, what can you do??

i will keep you in my prayers and send good thoughts your way. try to rest as much as possible....i promise it will get better, it just takes some of us longer than others. remember....we are all here for you!
debbie
Unread 08-30-2007, 06:01 PM

Srdandt,
Man, sorry that this has been a difficult road for you. Maybe you are right, you need hormones. They put a patch on me in the recovery room and I've been on Estradiol since getting out of the hopital. Except for being a little weepy, I have been feeling wonderful. Have you tried any OTC stuff? Herbs, perhaps? Having to be there for the kids is always hard esp when you're not feling like yourself. Hang in there, girl. The kids will grow up (too quickly) and will end up taking care of you someday. For now, though, vent away if it helps and talk to your gyno and get some relief!
Pearl
Unread 08-31-2007, 06:23 AM
Update with more terrible news!!!

Had a bad day yesterday, incision swelled up about an inch away from abdomen and then that afternoon my incision came open. What a mess! My DH freeked out and made me go to the E.R. after I called the doctor and he said that he would see me first thing this morning!

Everyday I see your messages and dream of the day that I am as well as all of you! One day I will be there, dreaming of sex, work, and living life, besides laying here on the couch driving you all crazy! I appologize for venting here, but I can not talk with my DH because he gets made and only thinks of sueing the doctor!At least the neighbor tries to stick up for me and tell everyone in the house that I dont need all of the stress and they need to chill. Thank God for neighbors.

Have fun on your adventures for me too.

Jennifer
Unread 08-31-2007, 07:31 AM

Wow, I am feeling for you guys, srdandt, what machine are you hooked up to? I am week five and doing pretty well, my incision has always looked great, I didn't get nauseous or headaches after surgery. So far I have night sweats but not too moody, I had TAH Bilateral etc. I am working part time in office.. sadly soon it will be full time. I enjoy being home. I think I have seen every home in America decorated and redone on HGTV. I have gained five pounds sitting around and eating a lot of junk food.. grr. I used to bike and treadmill. I did ride a half mile on bike last night, that went pretty good. It looks like a great weekend weather wise in MN. I have a wedding on Sat. and some relatives in town. Hope they dont think I am going to cater to them. Take care all and hope you can rest up , relax and heal.
Unread 08-31-2007, 09:43 AM
where is everyone?

I was sorry about sercomawoman's post but it was good to see something come through.

I was thinking everyone must be healed and back to their lives.

I am doing pretty well. Just whatever healing that is going on inside makes me uncomfortable sometimes.

Now I am just dealing with realizing I had/have cancer. Do you have it if it was surgically cured?

And yesterday in the paper there was a study that links early removal of ovaries to dementia. Great. I posted it under articles but it hasn't shown up yet.

I wasn't going to do HRT but THIS study says to do estrogen until you are 50. Who knows what to do?

- Susan
Unread 09-01-2007, 01:02 PM

My dr is putting me on HRT (w/very light estrogen) he says until I'm 50. He says the reason that 50 is about when menopause happens and you don't really need those hormones after that anyway. I had endometriosis and estrogen can actually make it recur (yes, even without uterus and ovaries) so that's why such a low dose. I'd really like to look into the bioidentical hormones. Anyone heard of/know anything about them? If so, please share. I've done a little looking around online about it, but I haven't talked to my Dr. yet about them. Haven't heard of the study about ovaries and dementia. I'm like you, Susan, GREAT! Another joy to look forward to. LOLOL God is good. Hopefully He doesn't have dementia in our future!
Unread 09-01-2007, 01:31 PM

Like you am feeling much better except for sometimes little aches and pains down there. It feels like I pulled a stitch - to describe it a bit. But when I get tired and feel that way, it is to the recliner for a rest period, or as my grandson calls it "time out". I am back to work and that is tiring too. Going for my 6 week checkup next Saturday - hope I can return to some things I miss like long drives and maybe going back to make plane plans since I cancelled my trip in Aug because I was told not to fly.

My report was good too - the cancer did not spread so apparently they got it all when the uterus, etc all came out. But you never know, but we can keep worrying about things we cant control. Just taking one day at a time and smelling the roses. Get well to all of my sisters.....we all need a little patience in taking our time to get well.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register