Hysterectomy dates Jul 23-Jul 30,2007 - Page 36 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Jul 23-Jul 30,2007 Hysterectomy dates Jul 23-Jul 30,2007

Unread 09-04-2007, 02:07 PM
Hysterectomy dates Jul 23-Jul 30,2007

rmintexas...i'd call my doc now if i were you. i, too, have 3 small incisions. one of them was infected and i went to the doc last week. i was even running a low grade fever with that little infection! they removed a little piece of knotted up stitch that was keeping the incision irritated. (and my 6 week was today.) i wouldn't wait till next week. let us know what happens, ok?
debbie
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-04-2007, 02:43 PM

I had my surgery on July 25th so I am almost 6 weeks out. I had a TLVH. I think I did that right. I was only going to have a partial and they had to take it all. I was out of the hospital the next day feeling pretty good. Then two days later I started having severe pain. CT showed nothing. Three more days and I was running a fever. Ended up back in the hospital having emergency surgery for what they thought was infection, but ended up being my appendix, go figure!!!!! Talk about being sore and feeling like I was seriously run over by a mack truck!!! I'm finally really back up on my feet and ready to be released and get back to normal. Right now though I am only on progesterone (spelling??) b/c my doc says estrogen can cause endometriosis to grow. Anyways, the worst part is I feel so blah. I feel moody like everything makes me mad and I'm very sarcastic and really just not too nice. I am open to ANY suggestions or words of wisdom!!!!
Unread 09-04-2007, 04:05 PM

five-foot, is your doctor going to put you on anything else later or jsut leave you on progesterone? I had stage 4 endo with adhesions and my dr is putting me on progesterone at my next appointment...will stay on for six months then he's putting me on light B/C pills to balance out my hormones (this is all tenative....I may change his mind). They told me, too, that the endo could come back with too much estrogen....that's why the low dose. Just curious about your plan...

Good luck w/those mood swings. I'm having hot flashes BiG TIME! And I'm testy, although I don't think I'm as testy as I was before surgery. Of course, they didn't check my hormone levels before surgery....I imagine with the condition of my ovaries, they were all outta whack anyway....I may be better post op than I was pre op hormone-wise, except for the hot flashes. I went thru a period of tearfulness probably 2-4 weeks post op, but that seems better....or maybe everyone's just walking on egg shells around me?? LOL I dunno.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-04-2007, 06:39 PM
inconsistencies

The thing that amazes me most is how different everyone's experiences are. And I am not talking about healing differences because to me that makes sense.

But how the surgery was done, where the incision is, when the first appt is (mine was two weeks and then the next one after that 4 weeks), when you can drive (my doc said when I can slam on the break which for me was 11 days), etc.

My doc did the incision right at the bikini line although she showed me how hard she had to pull to get the uterous out. Lovely. I wonder if some docs are more into making it easier for themselves. Slice and dice.

And I had to even have a gynecologist oncologist come in during the surgery to take out some pelvic lymph nodes. But no vertical incision.

Who knows. I did NO research on anything. Just listened to my gyn and the gyn/onc. Now I hear all this and wonder.

I am told they got everything. No need for radiation. Just to watch me closely. that I will indeed get a sort-of pap smear. In the vagina because my cervix is gone.

Then I hear someone getting radiation prophylactically. And I wonder. ack.

- Susan
Unread 09-04-2007, 08:24 PM

srdandt yes my doc will do estrogen after 6 months. what i'm on just curves the hot flashes etc. i, knock on wood, and thank God have only had a couple and that was during my second hospital stay when i couldn't take my medicine. i am actually freezing all the time!!!! i did the crying thing a lot the first two weeks as well. good to hear it wasn't just me!!! i even cried once b/c we were out of toilet paper. my husband still makes fun of me!!!

i hope soon i can get over the moodiness and the tiredness. i can't believe how tired i am as well. it's hard keeping up with 3 kids 5 and under when you have no patience and no energy!!!
Unread 09-05-2007, 07:43 AM

five_foot, I, too have small children...one 8 and one 2. It does take its toll on you to have to chase them around. I get tired A LOT too! The laundry and constant picking up after someone and constantly fixing meals because someone's hungry just takes it out of you! They told me to try to take a nap during the day...YEAH RIGHT! When my 2 yr old is sleeping, that's when I do all the stuff I can't do when she's awake! NAP...HA! Not since pre-children! lolol

About the crying thing.....My husband and I were in the store 2 weeks after surgery and a song came on (You'll Be In My Heart--Phil Collins--I'll never forget!)...it's from Tarzan (the movie) when the mother ape "adopts" tarzan...well, my daughter is adopted (the 2 yr old)...when that song came on, I burst out crying right there in the store. My husband still laughs at me to this day.....I'm sure it'll always be a source of entertainment for my family. lolol I'm not that bad anymore, thank goodness!
Unread 09-05-2007, 09:58 AM

Maybe it's your body trying to tell you something...time for some knoockie??? LOL
  Quote:
Originally Posted by Farmer68
Happy Labor day!

I go for my 6 week check up on Wednesday morning. I am loosing a bunch of half dissolved stitches and I joked to my DH that it looks like I have WORMS!!!! Squiggly off white threads.. Ick!

Does anyone have sore boobs? Mine have never been particularly sore around PMS time or anything but here lately they have been kinda achy. What's up with that?
Unread 09-05-2007, 10:56 AM

srdandt it is very hard keeping up. then when you start feeling better people seem to think you are totally back to normal and can do whatever, forgetting you still had a major surgery and still tire very easily and NEED to take it easy!!!

we both have good crying stories. i guess we can both look back and laugh now, but it was not funny at the time!!!
Unread 09-05-2007, 06:15 PM
I'm Free!

I had my 6 week check up this morning. Just as I was sitting there in my paper "skirt" and waiting for the doc to walk in, She had to go run do an emergency delivery at the hospital down the road. I decided to wait it out and luckily the doctor left, delivered the baby and returned to her office in less than an hour ~ Wow ~ talk about a quickie!

She performed a very thorough internal exam and pronounced me healed enough to return to normal daily activities (within reason). She even said I could ride horses but take it really easy.

I won't see the doctor again until May for my annual and I was like "are you sure?" I guess I expected some more hand holding before turning me loose...

I mowed part of the yard this evening and I still feel ok. I'm honestly too sore on my epi to sit on a horse yet but it's great to know I can if I want too

Unread 09-05-2007, 09:13 PM
6 wks tomorrow

Well it 6wks tomorrow since surgery and after several set backs I'm happy to report that the drain spot has closed and the bottom of my incicsion has closed nicely. A little more stretched than the rest but I dont plan on any bikinis the rest of my life.

I'm back at work full time as of yesterday. I came home early yesterday and managed to stay a little longer today. I take a small ice pack with me to help with the swelling in the afternoon and it seems to be working. My managers have been very understanding.

I'm only having one problem. SLEEP . I sleep for about 1hr and then wake up. I havent looked at the clock. I was so tired this am than when I had a hard time finding pants for work all I could do was cry. DH has been amazing he just held me and let me cry. So I plan on taking a sleep aide tonight.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register