Hysterectomy dates Jul 23-Jul 30,2007 - Page 37 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Jul 23-Jul 30,2007 Hysterectomy dates Jul 23-Jul 30,2007

Unread 09-06-2007, 04:42 AM
Hysterectomy dates Jul 23-Jul 30,2007

Hi Debbie - good to "see" you again. I am due for my 6 week checkup on Saturday - been feeling pretty good but also very tired and yesterday I got "flushed" - the air was on in the office but I was feeling hot. This is not supposed to happen b/c I am 6 years menopausal but will ask doc about it. Had some bleeding too but not bad and went to doc who said I was fine. It stopped after a week. I only have a few days where I cant sleep, otherwise I try to read in bed and then fall asleep - I do wake up at least once during the night - Glad it is over and we can get on with our lives - slowly of course because cant lift, etc. but that will come in time too, Stay well.....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-06-2007, 05:35 AM
Sleeping ~ Sleep Aide

Several of you have mentioned trouble sleeping ~ Was this an issue before surgery or only after?

I still have my ovaries so I can't relate to this if it's truly a hormone issue with others but in my case, I take those Tylenol "simply sleep" on a nightly basis.

Even before surgery, my problem wasn't going to sleep (I'm out after 1-2 chapters of a movie) but if something woke me up during the night (dog bark, wind, husband flipping over) then I had a hard time going back to sleep. I take only 1 of those pills and it does the trick. I have to get up at 5:30am so I need all the sleep I can get!
No naps during the day, I'm back to work pretty much full time.

I'm a total &*^% if I don't get enough sleep so I do what I have to to get it.
Unread 09-06-2007, 10:21 AM

Farmer68: Several of you have mentioned trouble sleeping ~ Was this an issue before surgery or only after?

I'm like you before surgery not alot of problem going to sleep but any little noise would wake me up and I could go back to sleep fairly easy but now not. I think its because of worrying about rolling over on my incision and what not. I finally slept for about 5 mins on my tummy Sunday night. Its still tender. The sleep aide worked pretty good last night I just didnt want to get up the am cause I was warm and cozy. I have to keep reminding myself that its only been 6wks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-06-2007, 10:25 AM

Right after my surgery I had a hard time sleeping. If it wasn't b/c I wasn't comfortable it was b/c I had to pee every five minutes. I'm almost 6 weeks out and for the last almost 3 weeks since I've been back to work full time sleeping isn't a problem. It used to take forever to go to sleep and now I'm out like a light. Unfortunately I'm still tired all the time and feel like I don't get enough rest. I hope those of you who aren't getting sleep will start getting some good sleep!!!
Unread 09-06-2007, 11:54 AM

Hi there ladies. I too had my 6 week check up today. Wow I feel preety good and dr. said everthing is coming along well. HoweverI was still having pain on one side. I was sent for a CT Scan and low and behold, the **** ovary is cysting again. Dr. gave me Loestrin FE (low dose horomone) to see if this remedies it (quite painful I might add) and I have to return for another ultrasound. I was praying this was all over. Anyone else have this happen?
Unread 09-06-2007, 07:49 PM

I had my 6 week check up today. Doc said I was healing fine. He said I had two stitches still not dissolved so he applied silver nitrate to speed that along. He released me to workout at the gym with lower body weights doing light to moderate weight so maybe I can get rid of this baby belly for good now.

I'm also losing those squiggly stitches too! It's pretty weird to have them come out. I spotted a bit when one came out but not on the other ones.

My boobs were very sore for about a week last week so I figured it was time for my monthly again. Come to find out, my daughter started a couple days ago and she always had it right after me. I guess that was my monthly time. I sure didn't miss it that's for sure!!!

I'm loving being pain free but hate that I can't totally get rid of this heartburn. The apple cidar vinegar and honey was working great til hubby wanted Taste of Tai for lunch. I got it with no spices but it was still too spicy and ... heartburn returned :-(. I'm back on my meds again til the weekend as it's too hard to fight it while working. I'll start over again on Saturday and try to follow a very bland diet for a couple weeks as recommended. Wish me luck, I love tasty foods.

Hope everyone is doing well and get's good follow up results.
Unread 09-06-2007, 08:15 PM

msaccounting,
I have my 6 week check up on Monday and I am NERVOUS!!!!! I have never minded the female exams and I have three kids, but for this, I can't hardly think about it without getting myself all worked up!!!! Good for you though that you are doing so good and got released!!!!! As far as the heartburn, I had to take Prilosec for like 2 weeks and knock on wood it hasn't come back bad enough to take anything more than a few tums. Good luck with it!!!!
Unread 09-06-2007, 08:50 PM
in case anyone cares

I moved my parents from their apt to their retirement community today. My father is 88. My mom, 86, is in a nursing home/rehab and we will bring her there on Monday.

I tried not to lift anything heavy but there was lots of being on my feet most of the day. It was more emotional (my father is difficult) than anythign but I am tired and just took one of my three percocet left. In bed with laptop.

I don't think I hurt or strained anythign. But good news I got it all done. Unpacked kitchen, bathroom, my moms clothes and directed the movers. Everythign else is for them to do like pix and ornaments. Made the bed. ack. I am tired.

I will proably feel it tomorrow but every week I feel so much better. CAn't believe i did this in week five but getting them settled in a safe place with one meal and people looking out for them will be a real relief.

And I was thinking how I must be really okay with hormones because other than normal sweating, I didn't have a hot clash and I was not a b.....h. Well, no more than normal. When your father is yelling about stuff when you have been at this ten hours. Why shoudl this be any different?

I feel really blessed and just really, really hope I didn't get a hernia or do damage but rigth now feeling okay.

- Susan
Unread 09-06-2007, 09:34 PM

fivefoot..don't be nervous about your 6 week checkup. had mine on tuesday and it was a breeze...not painful at all nor was it particularly uncomfortable. had to try some "intimacy" with dh that night, mostly cuz i was wanting to know if it was gonna hurt, but that was ok too (and such a "relief" for dh!!!). anyway, the pelvic exam was fine for me...i'm sure it will be for you too. good luck!! deie
Unread 09-07-2007, 07:34 AM

Thanks Tatorsalad99. Good to know. The intimacy thing makes me nervous too b/c if he even touches close to anything I jump and get a terrible pain/feeling in my abdominal area. NOT really looking forward to it, which is sad. I hope I don't have issues!!!!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register