Hysterectomy dates Jul 23-Jul 30,2007 - Page 4 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Jul 23-Jul 30,2007 Hysterectomy dates Jul 23-Jul 30,2007

Unread 07-29-2007, 12:49 PM
Feeling better today

Thanks for the kind words tatorsalad. Yeah, I over did, ladies don't do that!! I'm calling the doctor tomorrow, I know I riped at least one stitch.

Anyway, this is the for the ladies out there that are curious or scared. I was so scared about having a hysterectomy. I hurt all the time, my siatic nerve in my back hurt all the time, my insides felt like someone was twisting me & just pulling me. It was pain scale a 100 on 1-10.

Now, I'm hurting a little from the stitches in my groin, but my back doesn't hurt anymore, I can lay on my back for the first time in years. My insides feel great, there is such a pressure relief. I feel like 1000 lbs have been lifted off my vagina. I was so scared, but it's been great, not sure how next week or next month will be, but for all of you who are scared, please don't be. I would recommend this to everyone that is in pain, write me if you have any questions. Wished I had done this sooner.

FYI I had a hysterectomy removed cervix(dysplasia( & uterus (was soggy) golf ball size uterine fibroid. I bled 2 wks flooding & was off 8 days & back on again. So this is great for me. I'm so happy.

I'm feeling better mentally by the way. I blew up at my husband nite before last he was pouty & in a mood, but the next morning, he's been great, cooking for me & doing stuff. He's so much nicer now.

Just a little scared now waiting on the cancer tests to see how they come back.

Hope your doing well ladies take care.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-29-2007, 03:24 PM
Hysterectomy dates Jul 23-Jul 30,2007

lknggood65.......glad you're better today and that hubby is behaving. like i said, take care of yourself and let us know what your doc says tomorrow. i'm feeling great today too. still really tired, but i'm out of my jammies and back in summer clothes!! i even put on mascara today. i had everything removed on 7/25 (LAVH) with a bladder repair. i am totally amazed at how good i feel!! recovery is not at all what i expected..dd is here with her girls and has cooked some healthy stuff for me and dh (she's a chef...mmmm). she can't believe how well i'm getting around. my 3 year old grand daughter has been my little helper this afternoon...she even wanted to know if i needed a new bandaid on my belly button!! if i hadn't had the hyst, i'd be on my period and miserable today....as a matter of fact, i started my period as they were wheeling me into the operating room!!

stay well girls!! and do take care of yourselves!! tatorsalad
Unread 07-29-2007, 03:33 PM
Glad to be Home

I Had My TAHSurgery on 7/24 which lasted 2hrs I came home on 7/26 because I was walking and passing gas like I needed to I really didnt use any of the Morphine they was giving me because to be honest I wasnt in much pain until I had to get up and move around,Plus they was giving me tylenol and motrin every two hrs ...The surgeon told me I had a uterus the size of a volleyball and wide as a football it was 18 fibroids total...my incision is not bad at all they gave me internal stitches...I had my first bm yesterday which went well with magnesium citrate...but today is another story It hurt so bad for me to have a bm everything is cramping up....Im scared to let it out...Im so amazed how little my stomach is..I cant really eat all my food because I seem to get full really fast ..Im glad to be a princess and seem to be recovering well.with the exception of the painful bm...Im about to take a walk then lay back down
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-29-2007, 10:40 PM
Staples out and now the itching!!!!!

Hi sisters,

Well today is exactly 7 days since my TAH with ovaries and I had the staples removed a few hours ago.

I practiced my deep breathing exercises and only about every third staple really hurt. But now I'm a victim of the itchy, scratchy wave syndrome (as I've called it). About every 10 minutes I get a wave of pain, followed by a maddening itchy sensation and then it goes away. I wish I lived in the US and could quickly get a swelly belly band as they sound gorgeous. I might have to improvise as we do here "DownUnder" in OZ.

Without the staples, the wound site has spread out a bit and each staple hole is just slightly red. Hoping to not get an infection.

Otherwise feel good and not suffering from wild mood swings yet!!

Cheers and to all you sisters.

Tullyoh!
Unread 07-29-2007, 11:42 PM

Today (or, yesterday now) I felt good enough that we decided to go for a Sunday afternoon drive. BIG mistake! I never realized that just riding in a car could produce that much gas pain! I thought I would die before we got home! We were only gone about 20 minutes, but it seemed like an eternity. Anyone else have this problem?
Unread 07-29-2007, 11:56 PM

I am home!

My surgery was on 7/25 at 5pm. It went very well and "Without a Hitch". I was scheduled for a trans vaginal, but was told to be prepared for the possibility of having an incision upon waking due to my belly fat (I am a size 18 woman). The doctor wanted to be 150% certain that she was able to remove ALL of my ovarian tissue due to me being a cancer patient.

The hospital stay was uneventful overall, and I was achy like after giving natural birth to my third child, but the percocet helped a ton (much more than the initial morphine drip!).

I was released on 7/27 and I went home with my grandmother for the weekend, as she lives in a single story home and I am in a two story home. My incisions are doing well, I have dermabond on them. I did notice that there was also some dermabond on my inner thighs and even on my labia, and it was irritating. I suspect it was dribbled by accident, as there seems to be no cuts in the locations.

I came to my own home tonight. I am having constipation though, in spite of my daily bran muffins and raisin bran. I will break down in the morning to do a suppository. Tonight I am still very achy, but I th ink most of it is from lack of bowel movement! I am also super hot tonight, but no fever.

Hugs to all of my fellow hyster sisters! I love you all!
Unread 07-30-2007, 06:48 AM
Monday!

It's Monday morning and the sunrise was just beautiful. There is just enough fog in the air to turn everything yellow & orange. Enjoy it while you can ~ within an hour it will be hot, humid and miserable.

No fox again, the trap was empty this morning. At least no dead chicken since my hospital stay! DD just went out to check rat traps in the barn (every morning is a surprise around here!)

I went to Church yesterday morning and felt good enough to go back to our evening service. The last Sunday night of the month is called "singing night" instead of a sermon, any man or boy takes turns going up and leads a song or two of his choice. Our little Church has about 50 members and we don't use musical instruments so it's just us all singing.
I love to sing! I think I finally wore myself out enough to want to rest cuz I was ready to go home when service was over. Felt good inside though!

Monday morning found me waking up pretty late for me, I slept until 7am when I usually wake up at 5:30 or 6am. I feel pretty good
DH is getting ready for work so I will be on my own with the kids today I think I will ask my neighbor to take me to the feed mill today so I can spend an hour out of the house ~ it's my favorite place to shop!

That's it for now. I'll let y'all know if anything exciting happens
Unread 07-30-2007, 11:19 AM
Home and feeling ok

I had my surgery on Wed July 25th. It went better, yet different than I expected.

I had a total vaginal hysterectomy, and my left ovary removed due to heavy endometreosis, which I already knew about from ablasion surgery and hysteroscopy in April. I had a spinal even though I was expecting general anstethetic.

That was very weird. I remember more than I would like to about what happened during the surgery. My DH and Mom were able to come into the recovery room for a few minutes since I was the only one in there. That was nice. I ended up being in recovery for over 2 hours because of blood pressure problems.

Once I was moved to my room I had to deal with a whinny roomate and screaming newborns across the hall. I-pod was great for that problem!

I have had a LOT of back pain and with no relief insight I keep a heating wheat pack handy!

Overall I am feeling pretty good. Although I have no desire to eat anything and still have not had a BM... that is a little scary to me!

to all in recovery!
Unread 07-30-2007, 03:30 PM
7 Days ago!

Hello everyone: Today it is exactly 7 days since my TVH (kept ovaries)... and I am feeling really good. I had my first trip out of the house, (had to go to Plastic surgeon to get my stitches out from Basal Cell from my forehead). 4 days before my hyst. Wouldn't recommend doing that to anyone.. too much surgery too close together..
I am up walking, trying to remember to take Tylenol and Motrin but not in much pain.. The major issue for me is the INSOMMNIA! WHAT is the deal?? I am up every night until 1-2 am... I am a morning person... how long does this anesthesia take to work out of the system? Yeeshh!! On the other hand, it was a beautiful full moon and goregous stars so I looked at the positive side and took walks around outside (we live in the country).
To those who haven't had their surgery yet, I say please do not be afraid.. Yes, there will be some pain, and discomfort but nothing compared to what we have all been through before the surgery! Thank you to all who are on this site, your advice and witty comments have helped me alot!
Cheers to Us (just plain water for me!)
Unread 07-30-2007, 04:09 PM
feelin good

Well, I'm 5 days out and feeling pretty darn good. Have worked from home off and on most of the day. Woke at 630 am and stayed in bed with the laptop and phone till noon, then a shower and got dressed. Had 3 year old grand daughter here for a few hours and hubby did a great job taking care of both of us...lunch etc. I have to say that I guess I'm pretty lucky....I haven't had any problems with gas or pain or moodiness. Was a little constipated on day 3, but some walking did the trick for that, now I'm back to my regular self. As far as sleep, I didn't sleep well the first nite at home (Thursday) but I've been sleeping better than I have in months since then. I'm sure things would be different if I'd had a TAH, but I had LAVH and a bladder sling. Had everything removed and got a hormone patch the day after surgery. Have had a few mild hot flashes, but at nite when it's cold anyway (in Colorado). I can't imagine going thru this in a hot humid client!! I feel for ya, farmer68!!
Have a great evening ladies!! For those going to the castle this week...it ain't as bad as everyone says, just go in with a positive attitude and take it easy. Good Luck.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register