Hysterectomy dates Jul 23-Jul 30,2007 - Page 40 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Jul 23-Jul 30,2007 Hysterectomy dates Jul 23-Jul 30,2007

Unread 09-10-2007, 03:45 PM
Hysterectomy dates Jul 23-Jul 30,2007

Thanks so much for all the suggestions and encouragement. I'll be calling the NP tomorrow!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-10-2007, 09:20 PM

Tuga, I know exactly what you mean. I too had my 6 wk check up and dr. really could have seemed less than interested. I have seen her for the past 12 years and wow was really taken back by her response to go back to work. I had pain in my side that had gotten so bad that I demanded a appt. with my primary physician thinking it was something not GYN related and here I find a have a cyst on the ovary. My primary seemed far more interested and concered than my GYN Dr. It makes you wonder... I too have trouble sleeping on sides and am now having waves of pain which require meds again.
Unread 09-11-2007, 10:31 AM

I know what you ladies mean. My doctor seemed to be in a big hurry at my 2 and 4 week check. He has also been my md for years. I was kinda shocked too. It was like, ok the surgery is over and your uterus is gone, so they don't have time for you anymore. Beforehand, at any of my appointments he had time to address all of my concerns. Don't get me wrong he is an excellent doctor, but I was trying to get all the info I could on hrt's and he spouted off the info so quick I could hardly keep up. Now I've got a script for meds, and I don't remember what he said about them.

daisy

tah/bso 4lb football size uterus full of fibroids, endo, adhesions
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-11-2007, 12:09 PM

Well ladies, I called my Dr. yesterday (around 1 pm) to schedule my 6 wk checkup....reminded the office lady that I was having many HOT FLASHES and needed to see Dr. not only for my checkup, but HRT (he made me wait til 6 wks for HRT). She promised they'd call me back yesterday afternoon w/an appt....it's 24 hrs later and still no call. I have caller id and they have my cell phone #....nothing still. I went today and bought a fan....that's my HRT for my hot flashes. lolol Should work as well as progesterone, right? They were on clearance at Wallyworld so I bet it was cheaper than progesterone.

Stayed out shopping too long...I'm tired now. I'm going to eat lunch and rest!

Have a great day, girlie girls!
Unread 09-11-2007, 01:30 PM

Sorry I haven't posted in a while but things are going well. 7 weeks today and things are definitely better. Energy is good and most of the aches and pains are gone. This website and all of you ladies have made recovery a lot easier.

five_foot, my doctor is also wonderful. He listened to me, explained the surgery and repairs well. During recovery, either my doctor or his nurse were great about answering questions.

I saw my doctor one and a half weeks ago for 6 week checkup. I had a page of written questions and he was patient enough to answer all of them. Ok, some were answered by the copy of the surgery report. I did have adenomyosis, 2 small fibroids along with a 4 cm cyst on right ovary. No wonder I felt yucky and bloated for a couple of weeks each month. Repairs included TVT and sling with Align graft, posterior repair with Avaulta graft and perineoplasty. This would explain why it hurt to sit down for the first 4 weeks!
Doctor cleared me for exercise, weight lifting, swimming in lake, even whitewater rafting. I am healing well but some of it will not heal fully for 4 to 6 months so I'm easing back into activity. I am on Premarin vaginal cream. I don't return to see him for a year unless I have a problem.

I still had stitches in the vaginal cuff so I was supposed to wait 2 weeks (this coming Friday) before resuming but I personally couldn't wait. Once I passed the stitches, I seduced DH (didn't take much lol). There was a little pain and vagina was a little short but it should stretch out or I will be calling the doctor. (this would be a major problem!)

I hope everyone else continues to recover.
Unread 09-11-2007, 03:04 PM

Yippee! I finally have my 6 week check up appointment....a day after I'm 7 weeks....oh well, who's counting, huh? LOL My top wound is about like a mild cut....I've gone from a wound VAC to antibiotic cream and a bandaid! My bottom wound is about as big around as a....well, I can't really think of anyting. A pencil lead, maybe..the wooden pencils. It's teeny, but it's still probably 1/16" deep...we're trying to keep the top from closing up before it heals from the inside. They say if the top closes before the hole closes up it can cause an abcess.....don't want that! Don't think I could take another setback....
Looking forward to the "all clear......."
Unread 09-12-2007, 06:42 AM
Still Swollen Belly?

Hi Everyone:

Glad to hear everyone is doing so well.

I am feeling pretty good myself. I am a consultant, so I started going back out there. My energy is good and I feel fine.

But... my belly is still swollen -- or is it just fat? It doesn't hurt anymore, and I find myself bending past it, but will it ever go down?

Does anyone else have this issue????

Cheryl
Unread 09-12-2007, 06:58 AM

My belly is still swollen a bit too. I am not sore anymore but I have gained about 5 pounds since the surgery. I blame that on loafing around, snacking and spending more time inside instead of out in the heat loading hay, riding horses, mowing the pastures & the like. I think I just have a bigger fat roll & not really swelly belly.

I did dpend about 10 minutes on the tractor yesterday! I had to move some round bales to the cow pens before all the expected rain sets in. I also picked up my new bull and he is a beauty! He is a black Brangus and will turn 2 years old in November but he is already 1,400 pounds and and inches taller than my cows. Gentle boy though.

I have lots of yardwork to do today so I will be busy.

I hope all are doing well!
Unread 09-12-2007, 07:09 AM

Wow, ya'll are very brave getting on the scales! I've not braved them yet. I"m a big wiennie, I guess. I know (or figure, anyway) that I've gained....they told me to eat lots of protein to help the healing of my two open wounds that are just about healed....I took them seriously...I've been doing some eating....and I'm sure I'm paying for it, too. Oh well, there's a forum (different site) for that too. LOL

Have a great day, everyone! Hope you all kick hiney today and don't feel a thing!
Unread 09-12-2007, 10:05 AM
yeasty and weight

Just got back from my 6 week checkup. Apparently I am getting yeasty under my fat roll where my incision is. Gotta get some lotrimin. Other than that everythign is fine and she once again told me to lose weight. Okay I am five foot 1 and weigh 214. Or i did when I got out the hospital. I lost weight at first because I wasn;t eating a lot but now I am back to eating regular and not getting my exercise unless you call taking care of my parents and schlepping my kids exercise.

I told myself this was going to be a turning point. Quit smoking, lose weight. I have lost my mojo. I need to get it back. I NEED a little vacation since i didnt' get one this summer.

Oh, my doc said that she just did a hysto on a woman weighitng 306 who talked a plastic surgeon into doing a tummy tuck at the same time. She and I both agreed that that was stupid because if she does lose a lot of weight she will need another one.

I have a friend flying to brazil next week to get a tummy tuck and breast lift after losing weight with a gastric bypass. After this surgery there is no way I would do anything optional but I guess if I did lose a lot of weight and had skin (other than the fat roll) hanging off me I might change my mind.

I am just going to try and lose it slowly and exercise so it doesn't look too bad. I hope I do it anyway.

- Susan

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register