Hysterectomy dates Jul 23-Jul 30,2007 - Page 42 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Jul 23-Jul 30,2007 Hysterectomy dates Jul 23-Jul 30,2007

Unread 09-13-2007, 02:18 PM
Tired

Hey Ya'll,
Haven't posted in a week or so. I was 7 weeks post op yesterday, so I celebrated with a mammogram and a bone density test. This is my second week of full time work, I worked 2 weeks part time before this. I've been doing pretty good, but today I feel like I've been hit by "the exhausted truck"!! Hope I can make it thru the rest of the day without falling asleep. Is anyone else still this tired?? My body feels great, no pain or discomfort. Just this tiredness and...oh yeah.....moodiness!! Someone said earlier that their DH didn't know which witch he was coming home to everyday....good witch or bad witch. That's how it is at my house. And cry??? You can look at me cross eyed and I cry!! Oh well....I guess it takes a while for our bodies to adjust to the hormones. Doc says that I am getting only one third of the hormones with my patch that I was getting from ovaries pre op. Gotta go.
Take care ladies!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-13-2007, 05:05 PM
Hysterectomy dates Jul 23-Jul 30,2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by tatorsalad99
Hey Ya'll,
Haven't posted in a week or so. I was 7 weeks post op yesterday, so I celebrated with a mammogram and a bone density test. This is my second week of full time work, I worked 2 weeks part time before this. I've been doing pretty good, but today I feel like I've been hit by "the exhausted truck"!! Hope I can make it thru the rest of the day without falling asleep. Is anyone else still this tired?? My body feels great, no pain or discomfort. Just this tiredness and...oh yeah.....moodiness!! Someone said earlier that their DH didn't know which witch he was coming home to everyday....good witch or bad witch. That's how it is at my house. And cry??? You can look at me cross eyed and I cry!! Oh well....I guess it takes a while for our bodies to adjust to the hormones. Doc says that I am getting only one third of the hormones with my patch that I was getting from ovaries pre op. Gotta go.
Take care ladies!!

I forget about things until someone else mentions them. The "Exhausted Truck" that would be me every afternoon around 3pm but this only my 2nd full week back to work full time. Didnt have the luxury of part time before full time. But work is awesome if I get too tired or anything else I can go home. Thats when the "witch" and the tears are even worse. So I"m trying to be sure and re-energize around 3 with a good snack.
My body seems okay except the area between my belly button and pelvis is still sore by the end of the day oh yea and itches like crazy sometimes.
Unread 09-13-2007, 05:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by debbieh00523
I forget about things until someone else mentions them. The "Exhausted Truck" that would be me every afternoon around 3pm but this only my 2nd full week back to work full time. Didnt have the luxury of part time before full time. But work is awesome if I get too tired or anything else I can go home. Thats when the "witch" and the tears are even worse. So I"m trying to be sure and re-energize around 3 with a good snack.
My body seems okay except the area between my belly button and pelvis is still sore by the end of the day oh yea and itches like crazy sometimes.
Me too...tired that is. Although I'm not back to work yet nor will I be says my DR. I can' t believe I'm out this far behind ya'll!!! DR said 2-3 MORE weeks b4 I can go back NOR ANY vaginal intercorse !! 2 stitches still there. At least I will have a few more weeks to 'rest' LOL! W/3 small kids, yeah right!!
Hope you all find the energy u need to get u through the days work.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-13-2007, 07:47 PM
Swollen Belly

Quote:
Originally Posted by RunnerWoman
Farmer68 and srdant, good luck with the rain.

I wish you could give some of it to us out here in California! We are dryyyy.

My DH took me on a train ride up to Santa Maria. Today we are taking the train further up the coast of California to a hot springs. I can't wait to get in there! They say mineral water is healing.

From reading the emails, the rest of my "pooch" is probably fat. So, I will continue to try to eat right and exercise. I went on a long walk yesterday and have gone on many before this starting at 5 weeks.

There is a great website where you can put in everything you eat and help yourself count your calories. http://www.my-calorie-counter.com/calorie_counter.asp

I notice that if I keep my calories around 1300 - 1500 which is easy if I eat right -- veggies, protein and fruit that I loose weight. The minute I quit and eat a bunch of bread, it comes all back. I have to work on eating just ONE piece of bread!

DH is up now and we are off to the hot springs!

Everyone have a good day, and don't flood away!
Cheryl,

The 'fat' you may/may not have is primarily due to the incision. The muscles have been cut and will take some time to mend...fully about a year. But you sound like you are on the right track. Eating sensibly and slowly getting back to a regimented work-out routine is the best thing one can do [for herself] .

To my sisters desiring to lose weight,

I lost 22 lbs with the Nutristystem [portion control diet] and would recommend it to anyone desiring a 'jump start' into getting back into shape.

Best thing is to keep a journal...which is what many nutritionists and dieticians will tell you to do to. Yes, counting calories helps but cutting them will give you results. It's all about a lifestyle change.
As Cheryl said too...it's the bread that most of us struggle with...it tastes sooooooooo good. I still plan to lose another 10-15 lbs. I'm 5'6" and was up to 172 lbs!!!
You CAN do it...believe in yourself.

Big
Unread 09-14-2007, 04:21 AM

HI all,

Yesterday was a really good day for me! I spent the morning hours out mowing pasture with my tractor / bush hog, went to the weekly cattle auction for lunch, rested & watched a movie in the afternoon then spent more hours in the evening on the tractor again. The kids and I went out for dinner (DH teaches class on TR nights) then DH and I "got together" for the first time since surgery. Talk about a full day! I feel like myself again now that I can be out and about doing something useful.

Now if I could only sleep through the night ~ DH darn dog keeps barking during the night and waking me up. This time, I have been up since 4:00am . I NEED SLEEP!!!!!

The threat of rain has passed so everyone is cutting hay around the countryside. Smells really nice! Fall will be here soon, ahhhhhhh.
Unread 09-14-2007, 04:47 AM

Quote:
The muscles have been cut and will take some time to mend...fully about a year.
Just a note...in most cases, abdominal muscles are not cut during a hysterectomy but they are spread apart to expose the uterus.
Unread 09-14-2007, 10:21 AM

While we are on the subject of stomach muscles. Anyone else's upper abs still really sore. There are some days I feel like I've done 100 crunches during the night and other days its okay. Its only been 7wks and I want to start working out but afraid things are still too new.
Unread 09-14-2007, 07:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by debbieh00523
While we are on the subject of stomach muscles. Anyone else's upper abs still really sore. There are some days I feel like I've done 100 crunches during the night and other days its okay. Its only been 7wks and I want to start working out but afraid things are still too new.
Mine are sore too. I thought it was just from going flabby during recovery and are now getting used again.

I spent about an hour pulling up hay twine out of the ground from where the round bales were eaten & trampled over the winter by the cattle. The strings get balled up in the mowers if you don't pick them up and by now, they are half burried & grown over. It took alot of work to pull them up and I definitely feel it in my abdomen now! Not painful but sore when I move around. I also raked leaves today so that could be part of the soreness too.

Unread 09-14-2007, 09:21 PM
Getting on top of it

Hello all,
I have enjoyed reading everyone's progress and the improvement most are having. This week was my best so far because I was only overtired on one day. I was happy to still have energy most evenings after working all day.

I did not know how much the hysterectomy would help me, because my fibroids had grown slowly. My digestive system is working much better, I can sleep on my stomach without having it hurt, and I do not feel crampy and bloated anymore. I was also running a low-grade temp along with achy muscles and total exhaustion a couple times a month before the surgery. I have not had a temperature or achy muscles like before either. I do not know what was causing it, I am just glad it is gone.

I also had my blood checked, because it had been quite low, and it is over 12 so that is improved too.

Another benefit of having all the CT scans to figure out what was causing me to feel rotten was that a growth showed up on my thyroid. It is not malignant, but because it is large I now am having thyroid surgery the last week of October. At least I have reached my out-of-pocket total for this year already

Everyone enjoy the weekend and almost being up to the 8 week mark. I hope it is uphill for everyone from here on!

Happy to be this far!
Unread 09-15-2007, 08:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ealgo
Another benefit of having all the CT scans to figure out what was causing me to feel rotten was that a growth showed up on my thyroid. It is not malignant, but because it is large I now am having thyroid surgery the last week of October.
Good luck with the thyroid stuff. About 2 years ago, I went to my OBGYN with a long list of symptoms ranging from fatigue, hair loss, digestive troubles, weight gain, and short menstrual cycles (every 20 days instead of 28). I was thinking I had a hormone issue and the DR put me on BC pills to try and level me out.
After 4 months of that, I was still a mess and and the BC pills made my cycle worse. She sent me to an endocrinologist.

After a bunch of blood tests and a failed attempt to regulate my cycle with birth control pills, it was discovered that my thyroid levels were low. I went off the BC and started taking Synthroid and within 30 days I was a whole new person! They discovered a couple of small cysts on my thyroid that they monitor with ultrasound every 6 months. The Synthroid also helps stop the growth and may shrink the cysts over time.

Check out the symptoms of low thyroid on the net ~ you will be amazed at how many aspects of your body that one little gland affects!.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register