Hysterectomy dates Jul 23-Jul 30,2007 - Page 43 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Jul 23-Jul 30,2007 Hysterectomy dates Jul 23-Jul 30,2007

Unread 09-15-2007, 02:50 PM
Hysterectomy dates Jul 23-Jul 30,2007

Hello again, I got my computer stolen from the living room two weeks ago, and am only now catching up and it took me a while to get back in here.

Glad to see everyone's still around. Besides the scar being a little sore every once in awhile, the incision area is ok. I can't lean over very easily, but, lots better than I could with the mammoth tumor in there!

kept most of the weight off since then. it's fluctuating around the same weight though.

I am still taking a natural supplement instead of the hormonal replacement therapy but, getting quite a heat wave when I wake up.

don't know if I'll manage to avoid taking more.

I am still looking for work and that's weighing on my mind. I do think my priorities have changed so radically that I worry less if I get an interview though.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-15-2007, 07:30 PM

I rode my horse today!
DH and I saddled up for a short ride in the pasture and we managed to round up a very old, decrepit cow that had been hiding out in the creek bottom since last year.
My peri has healed almost completely so sitting in the saddle didn't hurt like I feared it would.
We only rode for about 30-45 minutes which was perfect. Yea!

I also logged in some tractor time today so I'm feeling much better mentally than I have in a long while. Being out in the field is therapeutic for me I guess
Unread 09-16-2007, 03:48 PM

Farmer 68
Thanks for your information on the thyroid problems. Hopefully the surgery will help me, and my 51st year will be better than my 50th!
ealgo
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-17-2007, 07:13 PM

Hi Ladies,

Just a short note!

We will NOT be closing this thread at 8 weeks. Instead, we will be moving your thread to our clubhouse where you can continue your friendships.

We only ask that you remember to start a new thread in the post-op forum to ask questions about your own recovery.

AND we ask that you stick around the post-op and reply to our members who are newer than you to help answer their questions and offer hugs.

carry on!

Unread 09-18-2007, 06:57 AM

Kathy:

Geez, how time flies. Seems like just yesterday we were "newbies", now we are "veterans." And I still haven't cleaned the drawers I was going to clean at week 7 and 8 though. I had a list of things to do each week -- while I wasn't working. Didn't happen.

I have learned so much from all of you.

Farmer68 -- I envy you on your horses, bulls, chickens and a tractor. If I ever come to Houston, can I ride one of your horses? I used to lead that life here in California. I miss it!

I hope everyone is healing satisfactorily. I am -- except I'm not sleeping too much. Going to doctor later this week.

Have a good day everyone!
Unread 09-18-2007, 08:01 AM

I'd be really sad if we lost our thread. (hormones??) I'm just flying by today....got a lot to do.....hope everyone's doing well! I'm much better....one of my wounds is completely healed (well, it's scabbed over...closed...which is as good as healed to me!!) We went to an amusement park over the weekend...rode a roller coaster...it was GREAT!!! No pain! And had "fun" with hubby for first time (against medical advice I'm not condoning my behavior, but I just had a couple stitches that weren't completely dissolved yet). I was nervous but only because I knew I wasn't completely healed. It was a little different.....hopefully just because I was nervous.

Hope everyone has an AWESOME week! We rock ladies!!!!!!!!
Unread 09-18-2007, 08:05 PM

Me too ~ I'm glad they are not "sending us away"!

I have really gotten back to doing my normal everyday farm work and feeling pretty good at the end of the day. I still feel tired about 3 ish in the afternoon but I think that's just normal "too darn hot to do anything" attitude I would have even before the surgery.

I am handling the baby horse more each day and was even brave enough to give her a west nile vaccine shot yesterday. I thought she would put up some sort of a fight that might cause me to hurt myself but luckily she stood still. She is such a cutie!

I'm still not really sure when it is OK to lift heavy stuff ~ I feel up to it but I'm afraid of what can happen

The bills are rolling in from the surgery ~ we had to fork out our entire deductible since we hadn't met any this year and now I am trying to reconcile the bills to EOBs to what I paid already. Talk about depressing! Ugh!

I hope everyone is still coming along in recovery!
Unread 09-19-2007, 10:32 AM

I'm going much better. Not to sure if its because this last weekend was pretty much nonstop. Concert Friday night left right after work and didnt get home until 1:30am and then went to a college football game Sat. afternoon. There were alot of steps at both venues. I slept like a rock Sat. night but back to not sleeping Sun. night.

My biggest worry after this surgery was the "No Hormones" for 2yrs. (My mood swings were horrible pre-op when pmsing.) I am trying a couple herbal things and as long as I remember to take them I'm okay but if I forget OMG watch out. Made a comment to DH last night about 4:30pm being a bad time to tick me off and his response "I didnt know there was a good time" haha. I told him after 4pm was the worst. So I'm working on that.

I see my regular Dr. for a check up. Not to thrilled with yet another pap and pelvic. I'm so tired of exams. At least I wont have to have another until Jan. I do plan on talking to her about sleep.

Other than that I feel wonderful most of the time. Everything is healing great.
Unread 09-19-2007, 01:18 PM

Deb, why no hormones for 2 years? My Dr. doesn't want me on estrogen for 6 months, but has prescribed me progesterone for those six months...says it'll help a little bit with hot flashes and willmake me sleep (got the Rx last Friday...now all I need to do is have it filled! lolol). I had stage 4 endo (even had it on my bowel)...they said no estrogen for six months to be sure it all dies (no relapses of endo)...just curious about your situation.
Unread 09-21-2007, 12:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by srdandt
Deb, why no hormones for 2 years? My Dr. doesn't want me on estrogen for 6 months, but has prescribed me progesterone for those six months...says it'll help a little bit with hot flashes and willmake me sleep (got the Rx last Friday...now all I need to do is have it filled! lolol). I had stage 4 endo (even had it on my bowel)...they said no estrogen for six months to be sure it all dies (no relapses of endo)...just curious about your situation.
With my dx being Endo. Hyper Plasia w/Atypia my oncologist said no hormones for 2 yrs providing the cancer cells stay away. When I was dx I was told only pre-cancer cells were found. The dr. and I had an agreement that he wouldn't take any lymphnodes unless he got inside and found that things looked worse than he thought. Well long story short I left the hospital 4 lymphnodes less than when I entered. Even though I have forgotten to asked him exactly what he found all the path. reports have come back negative. I believe that eveyone including my regular dr. are just being safe and not wanting to risk anything using hormones. I'm okay with it and know I'm very very lucky that the cancer was found in the earlist stages possible.

It does drive me crazy to say the least at times. The herbal seems to work. I just hate taking pills. So I wait until I have too. My dh stopped smoking this week and I promised him that I would try and be as close normal as possible. So I'm making sure I take them. One cranky person in the house is enough.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register