Hysterectomy dates Jul 23-Jul 30,2007 - Page 47 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Jul 23-Jul 30,2007 Hysterectomy dates Jul 23-Jul 30,2007

Unread 10-09-2007, 07:11 AM
Hysterectomy dates Jul 23-Jul 30,2007

five_foot, I think I'm gaining weight too. Next week, though, I'll be rejoining weight watchers. Hopefully that'll help. It usually does. I haven't been brave enough to get on the scales, but I know with what I've been eating and my clothes getting tighter, there's no doubt! Don't let this get the better of you!! Nip it in the bud now before you look up one day and you've gained 50 lbs. You can do it....look at what we've come through already? A little weight gain is NOTHING in comparison! Maybe we should start a weight loss thread?? LOL There's actually a weight loss forum that I'm a member of. It's www.3fatchicks.com (I know, not a very politically correct name, huh??) and there is a lot of positive stuff going on over there! Everyone's very encouraging...if you go post everyday, it really does help. Everyone talks about their struggles and looks for encouragement from others...and from my experience, I always find the encouragement I need. It's an awesome place! Check it out!

Well ladies, I'm off to what I hope to be a wonderful day! Hope you all have the same!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-09-2007, 09:31 AM
happy happy

i'm so happy to see that everyone is doing ok!! i tried to find our thread last nite with no luck...thanks runnerwoman for getting it going again!!

i, too, am back to my old self again. the mood swings are starting to level off and the hot flashes are minimal. i have a climara patch that seems to do the trick. started it the day after surgery. but, do health problems never cease??? now i'm having dental problems!! and i have a dental phobia!! i'm one of those that only goes to the dentist when in pain...well i'm in pain. long story short, my bottom teeth are fine, just a few fillings and a wisdom tooth that needs to come out. but my uppers are not salvagable. too much bone loss. so by thanksgiving i'll have brand new upper dentures. my grown kids all asked me if it makes me feel old and i said, "no, it makes me feel stupid cuz of my fear of dentists!! take care of your teeth!". on the plus side....my dentist and oral surgeon are the absolute nicest & most understanding people i could ever hope for!! of course, the extractions will be done under sedation (whew!!) and it'll get me a few days at home with hubby to take care of me....again!!

as far as the gall bladder thing, i had mine out about 10 years ago. i, too, had the diarrhea problem for several years, but it seems to have subsided. so things do get better. and there are medications you can take before you eat to stop the diarrhea. i only had to take it in the morning before breakfast. ask your doc.

ok, i'm done. needed to vent about the dental thing. everyone continue to get better!! farmer68...i saw your website, the kids are adorable and the horses are beautiful!!

debbie

LAVH 7/25/07
Unread 10-09-2007, 11:02 AM

Thanks! The horses are pretty much up to date but I failed miserably on the kids I really need to get some recent pictures up!

It's still really hot down here with temps in the 90's but they say a cool front is making it's way slowly to our area. The leaves are dropping fast but we don't have the color like up north. We have mostly oaks, Tallow & sycamore trees that just drop the leaves green or brown.

The dentist ~ I hated them as a kid because I always had cavities. I quit going once I moved out of my parents house until an infection forced a root canal several years later. Once I had kids, I made the decision to do regular checkups so we all go at the same time & take turns in the chair. The kids have good teeth and don't mind going every 6 months because mom does it with them. I guess we force each other to take good care of our teeth.

Good luck!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-09-2007, 11:04 AM

Thanks for the encouragement srdandt!!! It's nice to know I'm not alone. I did Weight Watchers before, but at this point and time, I don't have the time or the money. My husband has offered to work out with me so I'm going to try that first. I am definitely doing to check out that website!!!
Unread 10-17-2007, 06:22 AM

Wow, has it been quiet around here or what? Hope that means everyone's back to normal routine?? We spent the weekend at the deer lease....I'm still finding that I get tired somewhat, but it's not terribly bothersome. In fact, it may just be a normal part of aging or either that I'm not taking great care of myself in what I'm eating. That'll do it to me everytime. I don't think it's necessarily surgery related.

We rock, ladies!
Unread 10-17-2007, 09:46 AM

You're right, it has been quiet. I was wondering though, do any of you still get an occasional twinge in your surgery sites? I get one every now and then. Also, is it really true that it takes the body a full year to recover completely from this? Hope you all are doing good, 's to you all.

Daisy
Unread 10-17-2007, 10:46 AM

They say it really does take a year, although I think a doctor may disagree. Most people that've told me that had the surgery a really long time ago when they wouldn't let you get back to "normal" as quickly as they do now. It probably did take them longer just for that reason. I think the quicker you get back going, the better you do.

I, too am still having some twinges. I also, if I lean up against something with my stomach, still feel like I may be bruised in there or something. It hurts...nothing like the post-op pain, but it is a little bit uncomfortable. I don't know why. And it comes and goes...not there all the time. WHO KNOWS?? Probably is nothing.

Great to be back in touch! I miss ya, girlie girls!
Unread 10-25-2007, 06:17 AM

HI -
Haven't been here for a while. My surgery put me way behind at work and, since I am self-employed, I needed to concentrate on work once I could sit at the computer long enough to get anything done.
My recovery is going well. My DH is very understanding and helpful. He watches me closely and often cautions me about overdoing it. He had a knee replaced a year ago, so we are a fine pair when it comes to overdoing it.
We decided to remodel my garage / workshop into a MIL apartment. Mom is very independent, but maintaining a separate house on Social Security is too hard, so we will move her in and rent her house out. We are on a very tight budget, so the job requires refinishing old kitchen cabinets and scrubbing hand-me-down appliances.
The remodel has been a real good gauge for my recovery. Although it has been three months, I can tell when I push too far. I have learned to do the hard work early and save the lighter work for the afternoon when I am likely to feel a little sore and tired. I can paint all day as long as I don't have to climb on a ladder.

My first indication of pushing myself too far is a twinge like the leg opening on my underwear it cutting into my groin. It seems like a strange place to hurt, but that has been my signal from the start. After a long day, I get pokes and twinges that jump around like all of the healing spots are fighting for attention. They are not bad, usually, and ease up when I relax and put my feet up.
My Climara patch has been pretty effective for most of my hot flashes, but I still have night sweats some time.
The most annoying thing for me is the numbness along incision. The numbness is on the surface, but under that it itches sometimes and it is like a mosquito bite that I can't reach.
Hugs to all
Judy
Unread 10-25-2007, 11:11 AM

Judy, I love your description of the sensation when you've overdone it. It's exactly the same for me. If I've really overdone it I wake up with muscle spasms in my left leg the next day.

Good luck with the 'granny flat'. Glad your husband is understanding about your surgery.

Mary.
Unread 10-25-2007, 11:42 AM

I also have the funny leg pain when I have done too much. I am glad to know that is common and not another weird thing only I have. I had enough energy to keep up with my granddaughter and do some sight seeing in Spain, which I was thankful for. Only got overtired one time. I have thyroid surgery coming up next week and I am not looking forward to another surgery, but the recovery time should be much shorter.
Blessings to all, Rachel

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register