Hysterectomy dates Jul 23-Jul 30,2007 - Page 49 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Jul 23-Jul 30,2007 Hysterectomy dates Jul 23-Jul 30,2007

Unread 11-08-2007, 05:52 AM
Hysterectomy dates Jul 23-Jul 30,2007

Bummer! I wonder if it's hurting where they sew your support lines to your ligaments and you just found a way to stretch those particular spots???

I was doing so well that I didn't even stop to think that roller skating was a bad idea last weekend ~ It was my son's 11th birthday and he wanted to go skate. DH just had lap-band a week ago so he wasn't up to going so I took the kids to the rink. We only skate about twice a year so none of us are any good at it, it's just fun to play.
Well, I went out there with the kids and we all skated for about 2 hours. I was just starting to feel it in my groin so I decided to sit out for awhile. Wouldn't you know, when I exited the rink and went down that 1 inch drop ramp, my skates just shout out from under me and I went down flat on my butt. That HURT! I felt my spine telescope and my insides seemed to just go thud. Then I started laughing which made it worse. My oldest son (14) helped me out by making the announcement "Way to go mom, that's what you get fro trying to relive the 80's"!!! and took a picture.

Luckily, I was ok after a few minutes and didn't seem to have damaged myself. I was pretty sore for a couple days but it got better.

Man, I just don't bounce anymore!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-08-2007, 12:06 PM

I've been feeling really good surgery wise. Except, bad cold which the coughing did make my incision pinch a little.

I hope eveyone is learning to live well again. New things await us!
Unread 11-08-2007, 04:21 PM

Hi Jacque:

I used to go to spin class every morning, 5 days a week way before the surgery. Then I started bleeding constantly and having that pad on didn't work well so I stopped. I went back one day about two months later when miraculously I wasn't bleeding. My crotch hurt just like yours did. Everyone told me it was because my crotch had gotten "out of shape" as far as sitting on that hard seat up and down!

I think that is your issue. I don't think it has anything to do with the surgery. You just have to get used to it again and get in shape again. Keep going!

I have been going to the gym and lifting weight, but my shoulder starting hurting and neck so I haven't gone to spin class. I can guarantee you that when I do my *** is going to hurt.

You were probably in such good shape and your crotch was used to that bike before that this is new to you.

That's what I think!

Hey everyone, I am so happy I am not bleeding daily anymore. Everytime I pull out an old purse, I find it full of tampons which I promptly give away. I had tampons every where -- in purses, the car, my husband's car, my friend's houses. I'm so happy not to deal with that anymore.

Enjoy your new lives!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-11-2007, 05:17 AM

Jacque:

I may have been wrong about your pain in the crotch.

I took a good walk last week up this big hill and I was fine. The next day I went for another walk and going down the hill I experienced pain in my groin area. You said "crotch" but perhaps it is the same place. I feel it in the line on the inner thigh between the thigh and the vagina.

I helped my husband out at his BBQ vending festival yesterday, and then it hurt like crazy. I could hardly sit still in the truck on the way home. I couldn't put a lot of weight on it either.

I iced it and not it feels better, but it is still there lurking..

Let me know how you are feeling.
Unread 12-11-2007, 02:27 PM

hey ladies. Just checking in to see how everyone's doing. Well I hope. I'm having difficulty with weight gain!!! I've put on 10 lbs since surgery. (probably actually 11 or 12) I've just begun this week to really try to do something about it, but it seems harder than it was to lose pre-surgery. Anyone else have a similar experience? Let me know what you all have been doing about it. I'm gonna be getting desperate if I haven't seen any loss at all by week's end. I'm also not bouncing back with energy like I thought I would...have contributed that to the weight gain, though.
Unread 12-11-2007, 03:50 PM
Red face - Hysterectomy dates Jul 23-Jul 30,2007 Hysterectomy dates Jul 23-Jul 30,2007

Hi there everyone! It's been a long time since I checked in too. I hear ya on the losing weight thing. It's going VERY slowly for me. I lost 8 lbs at first then gained back half of it. On top of that my cholesterol is up, and can't seem to get it to come down, and my sugar is up. I think it was 189 at last check. I've never had problems in that area before. I have to go on a very strict diet. Maybe I'll lose weight. I pray the best of health to you all. Take care!

Daisy
Unread 12-11-2007, 06:43 PM

I'm deep in the hormone jungle. Can't seem to get everything regulated and now they think my heart's not pumping like it should. I gained 15 pounds in 5 days and I'm so hot all the time, I feel like I could just combust into a ball of flame. They checked Estrogen, Thyroid, Metabolism, Cholesterol-all checked out fine. Now they're checking heart and kidneys. What next?
Unread 12-11-2007, 07:47 PM

My hot flashes are getting better....I've just contributed that to the cooler weather.....maybe they're just better. I've heard that some women don't have them for as long as others. My cholesterol is up also...I'm only 34. It's only up like 8 pts or something like that. Dr. said I could control it with diet. I've started back on Weight Watchers (1st mtg was tonight) so hopefully that'll take care of the cholesterol. I heard from someone at the mtg tonight that weight comes of slower post-hysterectomy. GREAT...that's just what I needed to hear.
The best thing that's come of this whole surgery is no periods and not as much pain. The rest I could've done without! lol
Unread 12-12-2007, 07:46 AM

I have gained about 5 pounds and have the belly pooch roll that I didn't have before. Other than that, I don't have any physical issues post surgery.

My "mood" has flatlined though. The complete opposite of hormonal ~ I am just bla all the time and don't get the mid cycle "friskies" like I used to. Hubby is NOT happy with that. It seemed right after the surgery, I was on a high as far as desire (randy) but now I could care less if we ever do it.

I'm not on any hormone replacement (kept my overies) but maybe I should look into something that can help crank up the idle on the 'ol motor??

Sigh ~
Unread 12-12-2007, 08:22 AM

LOL Farmer68...you sound like me...only I'm a middle of the day person and hubby's always at work. As mother of a 9 yr old and 2 yr old, by the time they're in bed, I'm exhausted and have not energy left for "extracirricular activities" (as we call them). I just asked hubby night before last, "Think we'll ever have sex again??" It's been about 3 weeks....I've wanted to....when he's not here. I'm considering not taking HRT because of the weight gain I've heard it causes (I have no ovaries and can't take anything for 6 months post-op because of my endo). Guess I'll have to find another way to rev up the motor...when he's here! LOL

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register