Hysterectomy dates Jul 23-Jul 30,2007 - Page 9 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Jul 23-Jul 30,2007 Hysterectomy dates Jul 23-Jul 30,2007

Unread 08-03-2007, 06:20 PM
Hysterectomy dates Jul 23-Jul 30,2007

I was taking progesterone cream since November of 06. The dr. was hoping it would help my periods but it did not. I eventually quit taking but but after the hyster I am going to start up again. I will begin on the 10th. I hope I see some improvements this time.
I think it did help with my moodyness before. We'll see.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-03-2007, 08:01 PM

Had my surgery on july 24th came home on the 26th was up and walking around really good the next day, by Sunday I was out and walking around a small store with my Mom. I still have a little bit of a hrd time when i'm getting in and out of bed but other than that I am recovering very well!!
Unread 08-03-2007, 08:23 PM
Tired and bit sore!

Hi sisters,

Lovely to catch up up everyone's posts. I too am really feeling tired easily. I went and did my three laps of the cul-de-sac this morning (our short street with about 6 houses in it), came in and needed to lie down for half an hour. The tiredness seems to hit me like a brick.

Yesterday we had to go back to the hospital as I'd left my scans there (silly girl!) and then we went to lunch which was long and leisurely. Then we went to a shopping centre and didn't do much except bump into people we knew and then stood and chatted. Got a few supermarket supplies and we came home. I just went out like a light for three hours and feel totally exhausted today. So big rest weekend.

It's exactly one week since I came home from the castle but I was in the castle for a week also, so Monday is my two week anniversary date.

I find it hard to believe that some of you are going back to work, even part-time. In Australia, it's recommended and common to have 6-8 weeks off work, no matter what you do. So I hope none of you that have to go back so soon overdo it and I wish you all the best. There is no way I could go back just yet - too many stairs and too much lifting in my library job.

Itching has all but gone, except for a bearable bit everytime I brush anything near my abdomen.

Going to make a packet slice mix for afternoon tea, so it's goodbye from me.

Lots of s and best wishes to you all. Remember to pamper yourselves.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-04-2007, 07:03 AM

Uggh, yesterday was the first day that the incisions hurt from fabric rubbing against them. Not sure if it was the sundress I was wearing, or the incisions themselves. It was exactly one week from surgery and my surgeon used glue instead of stitches.
Unread 08-04-2007, 07:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tullyoh!
I find it hard to believe that some of you are going back to work, even part-time. In Australia, it's recommended and common to have 6-8 weeks off work, no matter what you do. So I hope none of you that have to go back so soon overdo it and I wish you all the best. There is no way I could go back just yet - too many stairs and too much lifting in my library job.

Going to make a packet slice mix for afternoon tea, so it's goodbye from me.

I had a TVH (still have ovaries) and had no cuts at all. Therefore, I feel like my recovery was much faster than those with incisions. My job is sitting behind a computer with little lifting (other than corporate books/checkbooks). We're going thru a financial assessment soon so I'm a little anxious to get things in 100% order before they arrive. Plus, I'm a little OCD with the way I do the books at the office and like to be the only one doing them. I will not push it though. I do have a Server connection at home and can do somethings from here. I'm only going back part-time this coming week and will take rests when needed.

What is a packet slice mix for tea? Fresh fruit with instant tea perhaps? Sounds good, has my interest up.
Unread 08-04-2007, 10:10 AM
Saturday, Day 11

All is well at the Farm front! Mr. Fox has yet to make another appearance so the chickens are once again bold enough to go to the far side of the yard again.

We are taking out a home improvement loan so we can add on to our little house. We only have 2 bedrooms so all 3 kids are living together in one room. The appraiser just called and is coming by this afternoon so I am on pick up and cleaning detail. The kids are mowing the yard (3 acres) and picking up sticks and such. Lovely way to pass a Saturday...

I got to drive a couple miles to town so I don't feel so much a prisoner to my house.

On a down note, I ovulated yesterday and was in pretty severe pain for the first half of the day. I have always had painful ovulations so that was nothing new but I had forgotten my cycle schedule since the H. I'm hoping over time that the ovulations will tame down! Well, at least I know my left over ovaries are functioning
Unread 08-04-2007, 03:35 PM
Post op

Hi. I have been reading all the great information on this website for the past few days. I wish I would of known about this website before my surgery. My surgery was on 7/25/2007. I had a Vaginal Laparoscopic Hystrectomy. I was hoping I would be feeling better by now... I just have to remember it takes time to heal and the swelling in my belly is normal. I am looking forward to using this website as a resource during the healing process.
Unread 08-04-2007, 07:18 PM
Fabric rubbing

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmintexas
Uggh, yesterday was the first day that the incisions hurt from fabric rubbing against them. Not sure if it was the sundress I was wearing, or the incisions themselves. It was exactly one week from surgery and my surgeon used glue instead of stitches.
Hi rmintexas,

That's the bit I find hard too. What to wear against the wound. I spent yesterday sorting out which undies I could wear at this stage and which ones to put at the back of the drawer. Some have the elastic right where the scar is, and some are too tight at the moment just above the scar, so I've managed to find a week's worth of okay undies to wear. Small things to get excited about.

But I do find that certain fabrics, or how the fabric moves when you walk or how it bunches up when you sit down, can all affect how the wound feels.

I guess it's just trial and error sisters and finding out what wardrobe items we can wear comfortably or not. I have to admit glue sounds a lot better than the staples I had!

Cheers and a
Unread 08-05-2007, 12:37 AM

I've joined your ranks as of July 24th after they discovered I had an enormous pelvic mass that needed removal post haste and they did a TAH plus Ovaries while they were visiting...which I'd authorized of course. I am greatly relieved because I'd noticed a bit of trouble standing, and walking and holding in my stomach and the upper abdomen had started becoming hard, etc. I put it off, and when I went in for something very ordinary...I asked her to check it! That was the 17th, and by that Friday, I was down in Stanford Hospital scheduling surgery for the next Tuesday.

I think the week preceding was pretty scary as every day was spent in testing and organizing things...and, I assumed the cancer risk was high, so, had to really get ducks in a row.

I chose my sister who was honestly the most helpful, open and wonderful person to have with me...and my parents came along as well. My son was with me in the week preceding, which was the weepiest, but, I'd had my last period of my life as one ovary was still doing it's job! So I must have had my last PMS!

So, I came out of the operation happy to be around, and thanking the people...and then, the recovery...and seeing my family, and being on two IV poles for about two or three days.
I also found the most painful thing was trying to take a leak normally after being pumped full of IV fluids, and hurting so bad to get up, plus with two IVS on opposite sides of the bed...I required help...not always easy to get if your bladder doesn't correspond with the right shift!
That was what made me cry and whine...felt like a turtle on its back!

I stayed three days and left on Friday morning. My sister drove me the two hour drive to her house...thank Goodness...I have stairs in my house, and, either I'd have had to stay in bed for days, and had my son wait on me...or else, stay downstairs with the small bathroom with no shower...I took her up on her offer. She gave me the run of the lower floor with its own bathroom.
She took excellent care of me, watching me like a hawk for every ounce of fiber I ate...and, it was so much better getting back to normal bodily functions around her and not my kid!
My parents came over and walked me around the park...I felt better each day. I stayed there about five days...then came home here.

I am doing pretty well, but the staples were taken out the other day, and it started bleeding again, yuck...so I put a dressing on it, with gauze and tape just to keep it from my clothes. It looks scarier when they take off the staples too.

I have lost 27 pounds thus far...and people are amazed to see me now. My face slimmed down because I must have been hormonally retaining some junk there.

I'm still searching for constipation remedies and eating as much fiber as I can hold, but, that's the main thing to beat now.

I go back to find out if everything's ok on Monday and need to research the HRT question tomorrow...as I need to get that out of the way.

Best wishes to all of you...

My spouse is very bad at bedside matters and with illness...so, he does things, and my son helps, but, gripes about it as I don't look that bad...so I guess it's like I look like a lazy person when I'm resting.
I'm glad I did most of my recovery at my sister's...much much better.

My daughter did her bit by driving me home from her aunt's. and driving me to my appt.

Best wishes to all of you on your recovery...and don't drink too much prune juice.
Unread 08-05-2007, 06:56 AM

Floralina57 -- try stool softeners for the most gentle form of constipation relief. And drink as much water as possible.

I share your misery on that front. My intestines still aren't operating as they should, and I am pretty sure that's what some of my sharp pains have been about.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register