prayers needed for tomorrow (7/25) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Options and Alternatives

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

prayers needed for tomorrow (7/25) prayers needed for tomorrow (7/25)

Unread 07-24-2007, 08:13 AM
prayers needed for tomorrow (7/25)

Morning ladies! well, here we go....I have "THE" doctor's appt tomorrow (7/25) in the afternoon. This is the one where all the test results are in and it's decision making time. I'm terrified! *grin* In my heart I already know what the doc is going to say.....and I'm not afraid of the hyst itself. I'm afraid of DH's reaction (yeah, he's going with me and no, he doesn't want to) and I'm afraid of the cost! no insurance....no gov't help...we are the typical family that lives check to check and barely keep our lights and heat on but yet we make too much for help and not enough to afford health care! go figure! I'd quit my job but we'd still not be eligible and probably be in the dark since we couldn't pay the light bill! *LOL*
Just to fill in background, I'm 41 and have two grown children (boy 17, girl 20) I didn't have any history of probs until about 3 years ago and I started a period that never really ended. Doctor (at that time) said my off switch was broken! *L* we tried all kinds of meds and I just continued to bleed through them! not a heavy gushing bleeding like some of you ladies, but just enough to wear a pad non stop for months on end. Eventually we tried Novasure ablation (8/06) and I "thought" it was successful until about 6 months ago. my off switch is stuck in the on position again! *sheesh* Finally....new doctor....new opinion....same result. new doc already told me...TVH. but first the tests! (oh joy!) to make sure nothing else is going on in there. now all the results are in and the path results and op notes from the old doc for the ablation. I have new things going on since the ablation (at least I "think" they're new) I have a fibroid (don't have size or location yet) and polyps and a pocket of blood/water. my left overy is twice the size of my right with what the doc called a working cyst (?) I'm NOT aenemic, and my CBC was normal. doc will share the results of the pap with me tomorrow and give me more details of the fibroid. DH has been rather stand-offish through all of this! *L* all he knows is I'm crabby and our intimate relationship is non existent! I'm STILL bleeding and have been for 3 months. We KNOW something has to be done....we're just not sure how we're ging to pay for it! yes, I'm already looking into a local help program but I'm not holding out much hope for help there. at least if the lights get turned off DH won't be able to see just how terrible I'll look after the surgery? *L*
After all this writing what I'm asking for boils down to a simple request for a few prayers sent my way for tomorrow. For the strength to handle the answers to all the questions we have, and for US as a couple to handle all of this (financially and emotionally). thanks for letting me vent! I owe, I owe, I owe, so off to work I go! *grin*
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-24-2007, 08:44 AM
prayers needed for tomorrow (7/25)

dark04,

I love your sense of humor and will definitely keep you in my thoughts and prayers!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register