August 1st, TAH - Anyone else on that date? - Page 3 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > HysterSisters Connecting Friends > Friends Without Faces

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

August 1st, TAH - Anyone else on that date? August 1st, TAH - Anyone else on that date?

Unread 07-27-2007, 09:08 AM
August 1st, TAH - Anyone else on that date?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjj
Haven't had a period since mid April....which lasted a month...so I'm kinda hoping that was my last one. Then...I can give away all that left over "feminine product" stuff. Wow...just think of the savings financially!!!
rjj
Right there with ya on this one too...almost! My last period was early May.....I'm praying that it does not come before my surgery! And I'll be happy to donate the left over "feminine products" (although they don't make me feel feminine) to some of the younger gals that I know! Good bye forever!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-27-2007, 09:53 AM

Hi ladies -

Yes the sundress idea is a good one. I am also saving my Harry Potter book and Yoga Journal magazine for post-op (at home, I figure that I won't be able to follow too many plot twists when I'm on morphine). I had a laparscopy/hysterscopy for infertility years ago, and I remember the gas pain in my shoulder was the worst part. Here's to Gas-X!

I grew up partly in Sacramento so I am familiar with Chico and Redding (HOT!), and also in the Bay Area, so I am familiar with rjj's area as well. Manhattan beach is just south of the Los Angeles airport.

It seems that we all have a lot in common - so only good vibes can sent!

CA princess
Unread 07-27-2007, 10:30 AM

Redding and Chico are very hot, especially this time of year! The older I get, the more thankful that I am in the cooler Pacific Northwest! It's bearable.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-27-2007, 04:57 PM

Thanks, I love this site. I'm from Florida. I'm having a LAVH and vaginal repair. OK maybe you can help --- what is the difference between a LAVH and TAH and SVH etc.... I'm really confused w/ all the abbreviations. Anyway, I'm trying to read between the lines and figure this out.

Things are really crazy at home right now. Honey ,I almost as excited about getting away from home as I am about getting this surgery.

I'm hoping that after everything is said and done I will feel better and have more energy. I just feel blah all the time now. (heavy bleeding, enlarged uterus).

I'm almost addicted to this site. I just can't wait to look and see if someone as asked a question that I should've thought of but haven't had a peaceful moment to think of. This is the best place I've found for information.

bless u m
Unread 07-27-2007, 07:40 PM

Hello, Yes, I Am Having Surgery On August 1st!! I Live In Canton,illinois. I Work At Graham Hospital In The Er. I Have Been Married 17 Years & I Have One 13 Yr Old Son & One 22 Yr Old Step-son. Would You Like To Chat???? Hope To Hear From You Soon!!!! Sd19
Unread 07-27-2007, 07:48 PM

Hi, Sorry I Cannot Help You On Those Abbrevations, I Am The Unit Secretary & Patient Registar. I Am The 1st Person You Would See When You Visit The Er, Sick Or Not. Yes, I Have Seen It Alllllllll!!!! I Wish I Could Help You. Although I Will Be Here Regularly To Check Things Out. Yes, I Agree Things Are Crazy Now. *sd19*
Unread 07-29-2007, 01:06 AM

Morning,

Been up since 1:30 a.m. WAY too early!!!

Wow, in thinking about that catheter thing....that sounds very uncomfortable...was kinda hoping mine would be out by the time I woke up. Probably wishful thinking.
I lived in southern CA, orange county , when I was little until about 5 yrs old, then we moved to Sonoma, Willits, and the Rohnert Park..then I left for college and have not been back.
I can't believe this surgery is so close.......it consumes my mind.

rjj
Unread 07-29-2007, 11:03 AM

Know what you mean. Fought with DH this morning - mostly because I'm so nervous (he has only been supportive). I think I dread the recovery part more than the surgery - I know I have to take it easy but with three kids (one of whom has autism), it is hard to make myself take care of me.

I guess we all need to focus on the light at the end of the tunnel - how much better we will feel in the end. With the support of this forum and our friends and loved ones, we will make it through. None of us are alone.

CA princess
Unread 07-30-2007, 05:21 AM

CA princess,

Wow...and I thot I was thinking about this surgery lots in the past few weeks, but it's pretty much a constant at this point. I will be So glad when it's over. I have much to accomplish over the next two days....
Three kids and one with autism sounds pretty overwhelming....do you have help coming? we'll be praying.

blessings,
rjj
Unread 07-30-2008, 09:49 AM

Hi everyone. I am going in Aug 1st as well. Nice to see you guys. I will be having a laproscopic hyst. I'm on my way to the drug store to get my fleets phospho... and finish up my shopping for friday. tomorrow I will hang out at the house, clean and pack and get ready for the early call on Friday. Good luck to you all.

shelly

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register