New to the area! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

New to the area! New to the area!

Unread 07-26-2007, 08:51 AM
New to the area!

Hello Everyone...

First, let me say this is a excellent web-site..I cant get enough of it!!

I am scheduled to have a TAH on 8/14..I am 37 years young, 2 children 18 & 15..I have always had sever periods, they were so bad that I would sometimes pass out because of them..I had my tubes tied when I had my second child and had to have my right ovary removed about 8yrs ago..Sooooo, now I discovered that I have a 13mm fibroid tumor attached to my uterus. I am waiting on the results of my biopsy to see if my uterus is ok..My Doc thinks that I have some endo because of all the ab pain that I have been having. I had a colon screening about 3 months everything ok there!! Gosh, it seems like when I hit 35 everything started happening. I have had some bleeding in my stool which is the reason for the colon screening, but since it came back clear, my OB Doc says that endo can cause some intestinal bleeding??? Anyways, I have to say that I was looking forward to the TAH, think OH NOMORE PAIN...BUT, now all I can think about is the emotional rollercoaster???? I dont know if I can deal with it.. My daugher leaves for college on the Aug. 17th.. We are so close and it about kills me now thinking about her being gone!! I am crying now just thinking about it! My son is 15 and plays football and it starts next week. I am thinking about changing my date to maybe Oct or Nov when things can be more manageable...Since my daugher is leaving I would not have anyone to take my son to and from practice. My husband works during the night, he gets home at 4am and I cant wake him up to take my son to practice @ 7am. This is why I think Oct would be better, my son will be driving then and it would make matters alot better.

I am looking forward to more discussions and thanks for listening!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-26-2007, 09:05 AM
New to the area!

HI and Welomce! I'm relatively new here as well.

I hear you on the missing your daughter! Mine went away to college last year, it was hard but seeing her grow and mature is wonderful as well. You will miss her and get teary and emotional at times. Just remember this is a progression in her life, try to celebrate it with her. My daughter and I are close as well but I'm so proud of her - she did really well her first year, as well as had to deal with some pretty hard times with her roommate and some illnesses.

Can you have a neighbor or one of your son's friends take him to and from practice? This will be something you need to decide when the best time is. Like someone else on the board here said, life is always giving us more and more to do, there seems to never to be time. Put yourself as a priority but have things set up beforehand, I'm certain you will rest easier then.

I haven't had my TAH, yet, I'm waiting for the doctor's office to call and set it up. I also am going through the "this time is not good becasue of...." I am trying to stop it and go with whatever date she gives me. I think all of this is pretty normal for moms.
Unread 07-26-2007, 09:10 AM
New to the area!

Keattsgal It sounds like you have a full plate! But you are very lucky you got your appt. so fast. I'm still trying to get my surgery date. Is there anyone that could maybe drive your DS from the team, then after your driving restriction is lifted you could drive the next few weeks?? Yes it's hard to say good bye to that first one leaving, I had to do it, but you'll be amazed at the way they grow up that first months of school. I'm 49 and have put 2 through college it's a great feeling!!!!! Now it's hubby and me and I also have to say the empty nest is great too!
Debbie
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-26-2007, 09:31 AM
New to the area!

Thanks for the advise....My Mom told me that life is in phases and her going to college is one of them...I will miss her alot, but like you said this is a progression of her life and I will enjoy it with her! I am afraid that the hyster will intensify they feelings! Does that make sense? I am emotional now will it be worst after surgery?

What kind of problems are you having? Do you have endo..tumors?

Hope all goes well!

Thanks again for the advise
Unread 07-26-2007, 09:35 AM
New to the area!

Thanks for the advise...

Cleveland huh... that is where I was born...I live in WV now..

Empty nest....hummm...that is scary... I told my husband...do you think we can live together when the kids are gone?....LOL!

Hope you get a date soon... are you looking forward to it?
Unread 07-26-2007, 09:35 AM
New to the area!

Hi there, I'm new here too. My surgery is scheduled for July 30 - YIKES - getting close. I was told about 2 years ago that I would need this surgery. I kept putting it off until I ended up in the ER two weeks after my 40th birthday. Now I wish I would have gotten it over with 2 years ago!

I'm sorry you have such a difficult decision to make, but congratulations on having two great kids !
Unread 07-26-2007, 09:46 AM
New to the area!

I'm waiting on a date as well.

I have a 20wk uterus and a 20cm fibroid (the largest) as well as others. I have definite pooch, I'm looking forward to it be gone!

I feel anytime anyone is going to the hospital is emotional. It's not a fun place to go or be at when you're the one in the bed anyway. I think being emotional is pretty normal, you have lots of change to deal with.

Take it one day at a time.
Unread 07-26-2007, 02:42 PM
New to the area!

I am thinking about changing my date to maybe Oct or Nov when things can be more manageable...

When my insurance finally approved my surgery in June, my doctor was rather upset by me stating I didn't want my surgery until the end of summer. I have 2 kiddos, one who is 3, and I didn't want to "ruin" their summer. So, I chose to live in pain for 2 months to get to a "better time for my family". Everyone's choice is their own. Do I have any regret in waiting? No. But I am anxiously waiting August 29!!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register