I hate waiting! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > Cancer Concerns - GYN

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

I hate waiting! I hate waiting!

Unread 06-30-2001, 04:31 PM
I hate waiting!

Well, girls, I had my first PAP smear since my TAH yesterday and I'm already going crazy waiting for the results! It's going to take 2 weeks for them to come back. He said things look pretty good (to the eye) and we'll know more when the lab results come back. He did do a colposcopy and saw only one area that looks questionable (I hate that word). So he did a bunch of scrapings and sent them off. Now I have to figure out how to pass the time. I went over the pathology report from the surgery again, and they were not able to find clear margins (they were mildly dysplastic) from the vaginal sample. He said if it still comes back mild he'll want to do laser treatment. I hope it comes back OK--I just want to move on here, and I feel like I'll be fighting this forever. I know I'm whining, and so many of you have been through so much more, but I'm tired of feeling like I'm one big vagina walking around!

Well, I feel better already. Thanks for listening.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-30-2001, 04:43 PM
I hate waiting!

Hugs (((Jeanine)))))

Waiting is hard absolutely!!!
But it sounds like your doctor is feeling pretty positive about it. I know a couple women who had laser treatments years ago, and they said it wasn't too bad and it worked well. I can't recall if you ever mentioned having laser in the past or not.

The checkups certainly are a reminder every time of what we have been through, but we gotta do them I guess.

Hopefully the time will pass quickly for you Jeanine.

I will keep good thoughts and prayers for good results for you.
M. xoxo
Unread 06-30-2001, 06:19 PM
I hate waiting!

Oh Jeanine, the wait is always soooo hard! I went for my pap the other week and my surgery was in 99...I need to call Monday and I too have been counting down the days. I think that this is something that we will always be a bit nervous about. The good thing is that your doc sounds pretty confident that everything will come back okay. You really need to try to keep busy and get your mind onto other things. Maybe a nice love story to read, sorting through some old photos, or going for a walk with a loved one. I will keep you in my prayers!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-30-2001, 08:05 PM
I hate waiting!

Hi,

I had my first pap since my hyst recently and I was really stressed. I started feeling tense a week before. I actually found myself reluctant to make social plans for the weeks after ...in case I got bad news and wouldn't feel like doing things. And pretty soon I'll probably start stressing about the next one.

I said a special prayer that things go well for you.
Unread 06-30-2001, 09:50 PM
I hate waiting!

Oh Jeanine, a big to you my friend. I know exactly where you are coming from. Having the hysterectomy and thinking everything was going to be OK after that, then the waiting for the checkup and more wrong ....... on and on it goes. And waiting definately is the pits especially when it is waiting for test results to come back. It seems once cancer has been involved waiting is part of you life forever. I hope your test results come back all clear and please , please dont apologize for complaining , you are allowed to do that. You have been here for me and I am here for you, so complain loud . As you know I have had laser, back in Feb. and the stress of me worrying about it was worse than the treatment. It is not that bad. If you have to have it , maybe take some pain killers an hour before. But with our prayers you wont need laser. Remember all those saints, well they are there for you too. I wish I lived closer and could wait with you, but I am here and you can message me anytime. And as for being one big vagina walking around well... I know exactly how you feel about that too. It is as if it has taken our life over and it is all we think about day in , day out, but Jeanine you are not just that . You are you, a much loved sister here on the cancer concerns. Much much love to you.
Unread 06-30-2001, 10:35 PM
I hate waiting!

Jeanine,

I want to let you know that I'm thinking of you and hope that the wait goes by quickly for you. And that it is good news, just what you deserve. This is pretty serious stuff...but when you end your post talking about feeling like a big vagina walking around, I, like Robyn, had to smile.

It's the absurdity with the serious that makes these experiences shared with your sisters a good thing.

Zoe
Unread 07-01-2001, 05:41 AM
I hate waiting!

Dear Sisters,

Thank you so much for all of your kind replies. It's so helpful just knowing someone else knows exactly what you are going through. I'm going to keep this thread handy to me and read it every time I'm feeling stressed about this waiting. Guess I'll be reading this thread a lot ! Results in 12 days. Good thing Independence Day is this week. Maybe that will distract me for a couple of days.

Big to all of you.
Unread 07-01-2001, 07:42 AM
I hate waiting!

{{Jeannine}}

I agree, I know we all hate waiting for these tests results! Its the nature of the beast though. Thank the Lord that these tests are available to keep such a close eye on us!

It sounds like you're keeping your spirits up and sense of humor intact! A walking vagina! I can't say I felt like that but I sure felt like a human pincushion!

I wanted to let you know you're in my prayers. I know you will but please do let us know how the results turn out.

{{hugs}}

Vicki
Unread 07-01-2001, 05:36 PM
I hate waiting!

Hey Jeanine, still waiting here with you. Holding your hand. One more day has gone. Much love to you always x x x
Unread 07-05-2001, 03:27 AM
I hate waiting!

Jeanine , just letting you know that I am still here with you, waiting. Hope you are coping OK. Much love to you always. x x x

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register