Joint pain/Pain med Questions | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Joint pain/Pain med Questions Joint pain/Pain med Questions

Unread 07-26-2007, 01:07 PM
Joint pain/Pain med Questions

Hello there, I am day 6 post op. Got my uterus, both tubes and both ovaries removed. I had really bad chills last night, with joint pain, followed by hot flashes on and off through out the night. Wondering if anyone else out there experienced this? My finger joints even hurt. So far today is better, I took my anti inflamatory at 6 am, been taking it every 8 hours. I also took one percocet with it and was able to fall back asleep after hubby went to work... I did try to wean back on my percocet yesterday, maybe that was it... What are others out there using and how often for the pain one week post op... I don't like medications all that much, don't want to over do them, but am wondering what is normal use at this point.... Would love to hear from fellow hyster sisters, thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-26-2007, 01:58 PM

Hi there,
I experienced similar symptoms to you. The chills only lasted a few days (I also had my ovaries removed & was put on HRT patches after 5 days) but the aching in my joints was awful! My hips were so bad I could only walk very short distances. The pain in my tummy was much less in comparison! Pleased to say it gradually eased by wk 3 and now it has gone. Don't worry about taking painkillers if you need them- I was on all I was allowed for two weeks and it is still early days for you. It doesn't always feel like it but every week you will feel a bit stronger. Take care x
Unread 07-26-2007, 02:38 PM

my neighbor had a tah and only found relief from joint pain and other problems with using the bioidentical hormones. she feels a lot better since she started them.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-27-2007, 08:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rachel28
Hi there,
I experienced similar symptoms to you. The chills only lasted a few days (I also had my ovaries removed & was put on HRT patches after 5 days) but the aching in my joints was awful! My hips were so bad I could only walk very short distances. The pain in my tummy was much less in comparison! Pleased to say it gradually eased by wk 3 and now it has gone. Don't worry about taking painkillers if you need them- I was on all I was allowed for two weeks and it is still early days for you. It doesn't always feel like it but every week you will feel a bit stronger. Take care x
Thanks for your encouraging reply, I hope mine works out the same! They started me on hormones in the recovery room and I have been taking 2 mg estrace pills every day.... Feeling a little better today, had the chills last night again and horrible hot flashes all night.... THANKS for sharing your experience with me
Unread 07-30-2007, 06:00 AM

I have joint pain. I was reading through posts and am somewhat relieved others have posted about joint pain. Some days I do not, but more often I do, so Im going to logging what Im doing and what Im taking. My joint pain is mainly at the knees and elbows, not relieved or intensified with exercise nor not really with rest. My pain feels cold, like I need to cover it up, and sometimes push into a surface makes it temporarily better. Im 2 years post hysterectomy including ovaries. Is that what it feels like to others who are posting about joint pain when on HRT? I am on the estradiol. Hopefully I will figure out how to come back and check replies. Thanks, Lushka

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register