Hysterectomy dates Jul 30-Aug 06,2007 - Page 10 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Jul 30-Aug 06,2007 Hysterectomy dates Jul 30-Aug 06,2007

Unread 08-06-2007, 10:06 AM
Hysterectomy dates Jul 30-Aug 06,2007

I need to do something about the insomnia. Last time I looked at the clock it was 1 am and I was awake for a while after that. I was looking forward to nighttime since I only took a little cat nap yesterday and was sure I would fall right asleep.

I woke up feeling great. I was able to sleep in until 8:00. I told DH to wake me up before he left for work. I would have kept sleeping but I felt ready for the day. I think I will get a walk in bright and early this morning. I started a load of towels. DH is going to be a little mad but I had to.

It is nice to see more ladies poping up on here. I hope you all are feeling good and healing well and resting tons!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-06-2007, 10:09 AM

Marshmallow- do men really get bladder slings? I think withdrawl from pain meds might cause some insomnia. Hope you get good sleep tonight!
Unread 08-06-2007, 10:20 AM

I guess they do. My uncle had one last year because he was having prostate problems, actually they found cancer on his prostate but a shot 2 years ago kept it at bay. He likes to make fun of his sling and has all kinds of crude remarks regarding it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-06-2007, 10:23 AM

What a beautiful day! I got up at 4:30 this morning with DH for our usual coffee together before he went off to work. I went back to bed after he left and slept until 8:30 and woke up feeling great. DH family reunion yesterday wore me out....all I did was sit but I was so tired by the end of the day and I slept really well last night. I am having more hot flashes now but nothing more intense than I was having before....no HRT and it's quite tolerable. I did have the one teary episode yesterday morning but it subsided fairly quickly and have not had any since. I'm having no pain to speak of and and am not needing any help in the BM department. I worried so much over this???
So glad to see others reporting although I am still looking for a few of the sisters that were scheduled within our week. Hope today is an easier day for all...each day it should get better! Anyone else with ankle edema? Maybe I just sat up too long yesterday? s to everyone!
Unread 08-06-2007, 10:23 AM

Marshmello
some ladies were kind enough to remind me about trying Melatonin. You can get it at GNC or anywhere they sell vitamins.

I'm trying that tonight for sure!!! And I'm taking no naps today!!!
Unread 08-06-2007, 10:37 AM

Thanks Iwave, I will pick some up today!
Unread 08-06-2007, 10:42 AM

No hormone problems for me so far - woo hoo! I think I was about halfway through menopause when I had the surgery, so maybe that's why.

Two nights ago I developed a bladder infection and got all emotional and overwhelmed with that, though. I think it just wears you out. Doc prescribed antibiotic and it's better now.

Has anyone else noticed that one day you feel fine and the next you might feel more sore again? Also, I've read two theories on the pain meds: Stop as soon as you can/take as few as you can, or keep taking them because your body can concentrate more on healing if you're not in pain. What do you all think?
Unread 08-06-2007, 10:42 AM
Checking in...

I am JEALOUS! You all are doing SO much better than I am. I can't believe some of you are going out and walking in a store. I can't even fathom that right now.

I have been getting up and walking the length of the apartment, and taking my baby for a walk to the corner and back, but that's all I can do.

I'm still in a lot of pain but I'm only taking Tylenol for it. I am SO nauseous still, which at this point, is really just honkerblonking me off more than anything else. It's not that "I have to sit by the toilet just in case" nausea, but that irritating queasiness. Does that make sense?

I have showered every day since I've been home, and that certainly makes a difference. The only 2 BMs I've had were on Saturday morning and nothing since, even with taking Senokot

I'm a diabetic, so I know I won't heal as quickly as a non-diabetic, but I think I'm doing ok for only 5 days out. Maybe I'm putting too much pressure on myself to be healed. After all, my abdomen is cut from belly button to the bottom of my pubic bone with 43 staples, my bladder was LOADED with endo and I had to have a rectocele repair, so I think I'll just shut up now, LOL.

Oh, and they never gave me the spirometer in the hospital and I only had 1 good cough. Still running a low-grade fever (nothing over 100.0) so all of that may be contributing to my progress and nausea.

Anywho, that's my story and I'm sticking to it, LOL.

s to all of my sisters!

Lisa
Unread 08-06-2007, 10:46 AM
insomnia

I haven't been sleeping well due to drinking so much water...so I keep getting up to use the bathroom. On the plus side, I use my breath meter thingy to keep my lungs clear. I think I probably can stop using that, but I don't remember doctor's orders on that.

My real insomnia problem is that I started reading the first Harry Potter book...nope, I have never read the books. I figured I'd have plenty of time to read them all now!
Unread 08-06-2007, 10:53 AM

Wow Lisa - sounds like you've dealt with a lot! Yes, definitely be easier on yourself! My doctor said not to leave the house for 2 weeks and just take very short walks. I think it's good to use this time to just rest and heal. For sure it's not the time to push yourself, right?

I'm curious how endo in the bladder affected you before surgery. Ouch!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register