Hysterectomy dates Jul 30-Aug 06,2007 - Page 15 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Jul 30-Aug 06,2007 Hysterectomy dates Jul 30-Aug 06,2007

Unread 08-07-2007, 08:52 AM
Hysterectomy dates Jul 30-Aug 06,2007

Tracy, all the best to you, too. Melatonin has worked for me. It's produced in the body, however, as we age amounts diminish. It's a natural way to help insomnia. I am now getting full nights of deep, uninterrupted sleep. I take 1/2 of a 3 mg tablet. You'll have to explore with dosages to determine the right amount for you.

Ledette
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-07-2007, 08:58 AM

Thanks Ledette. I will give it a try. Reading Harry Potter at 4am is not my idea of restful sleep!
Unread 08-07-2007, 09:21 AM

By iwaveatcows:

"Still having pink when I wipe. I don't understand how much is too much, I don't understand when it should stop, so with every wipe I am concerned. Not accumulating on liner or if it shows up on liner it is just faint and small."

- funny that i read this just now, because i found pink also when i went to the bathroom this morning and i panicked and called the dr. he said it was normal and to expect it since there are stitches inside not just outside with a TAH. This surgery has produced more things that i have never experienced before than anything else. Anyway, I'm relieved that "pink" is normal.

- Susan
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-07-2007, 09:24 AM

For some reason I am now not able to sleep. I have too been reading Harry Potter. My fiance jokes it is the book for the potter, since when I couldn't go I sat on the toilet with it. When he woke up this morning to get his coffee and I was reading it, he said, "I thought you've been doing good on the potter." It was sort of funny. My post-op appointment is on the 15th, and I am so anxious to get the doctor's blessing to get back to work. I cannot stand being in this house with only the dog and cats to keep me from doing nothing but talk to the computer. Don't get me wrong, I just hate waiting those hours for the kids to get home.
Unread 08-07-2007, 09:35 AM

I laugh as I read this because I just finished Harry Potter also. I read over 200 pages yesterday to finish the thing. No, I wasn't disappointed, but maybe we should start a "harry potter toilet reading just to kill time while trying to have a BM" thread.. LOL...

- Susan
Unread 08-07-2007, 09:55 AM

Talk about "LOL" - that's hilarious, Susan! I'm sure J.K.Rowling would be just thrilled to discover just how many (unimaginable) ways her books have touched people . . . . And I identify with your boredom, Jessica. I feel fine and very ready to get out of the house, but it hasn't been a week yet and my husband is firm about the "take it easy" rules.
Unread 08-07-2007, 10:08 AM

I slept so much better last night, it was because I took 2 Benadryl before bed. I forgot to have DH get melatonin stuff. DS and I are going to the grocery store sometime today so I will get some.

I slept from 11:00 until 3:00 I had a nightmare at 3. Got back to sleep until about 8:00. Much better. I don't know what all the weird dreams were about but it was strange.

I am going to be better today about not doing much.
I have been taking 2 15 minutes walks around the neighborhood, those sure do feel good.
I should find a book. Not a book reader but I should try. You have inspired me.
Unread 08-07-2007, 10:10 AM

Morning ladies!

Sounds like everyone is bright and chipper this morning! The things we talk about are so funny!! While you do a Harry Potter toilet thread, I was thinking of doing a Pooh Pooh Palace thread, for those of us that are princesses and going alright! LOL

Today is a good day! I took some ibuprofen middle of yesterday and nothing since and am feeling fine. Had my breakfast, my BM, and here I am at the computer again! DH was gone 12 hrs yesterday...didn't even call to see how I was doing....and he heard about it! So he took me to the post office for a weeks worth of mail, out for an ice cream cone, and then promised he would call today! I'm surprised that I am getting around so well...the boredom is driving me crazy (DH would say that's not a far drive) but today I will drive if I get too bored. Doc said 1 week if not on pain meds. Hope everyone is getting by ok. Keep posting...it's really encouraging to read how everyone is doing. Have a great day!
Unread 08-07-2007, 10:50 AM

Ladies we rock!!!!
Tell you something funny --
I emailed work asking do you need anything from the doctor after I see him on the 17th before I return to work on the 20th. (that is the date I want to try and go back).
She emails me back and says no and then goes on to tell me the doctor said I could go back on August 10th and she would see me Friday.
I am reading that and am so not believing it.
So of course I call the doctor's office and the girl is definitely agreeing if that is what the form says it is a BIG MISTAKE.
So now I have to find out HOW to correct the disability form and get the stuff to the doctor.
Can you imagine the HR person thinking I would come back on the 10th and not even have seen the doctor.
Crazy --
between pink discharge, pooping, drinking enough water , walking , not lifting, now there is CRAZY HR people wanting to rain on the parade!!!
Unread 08-07-2007, 11:04 AM

Iwave, I can't believe they think that is for real! That is so crazy. You need to get that figured out for sure. Why type of work do you do?

While we are on the subject, I talked to my coworker yesterday. We are cooks and do a lot of heavy lifting so she doesn't even want me in the kitchen until 6 weeks postop.
Our boss calls and want me at the computer for just 1 day at 4 weeks post op. I told her that should be fine and I would call her the day before to confirm if I feel up to it or not.
I then call coworker back and she had a fit. So we'll see what happens with it all.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register