Hysterectomy dates Jul 30-Aug 06,2007 - Page 16 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Jul 30-Aug 06,2007 Hysterectomy dates Jul 30-Aug 06,2007

Unread 08-07-2007, 11:08 AM
Hysterectomy dates Jul 30-Aug 06,2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by iwaveatcows
Ladies we rock!!!!
Tell you something funny --
I emailed work asking do you need anything from the doctor after I see him on the 17th before I return to work on the 20th. (that is the date I want to try and go back).
She emails me back and says no and then goes on to tell me the doctor said I could go back on August 10th and she would see me Friday.
I am reading that and am so not believing it.
So of course I call the doctor's office and the girl is definitely agreeing if that is what the form says it is a BIG MISTAKE.
So now I have to find out HOW to correct the disability form and get the stuff to the doctor.
Can you imagine the HR person thinking I would come back on the 10th and not even have seen the doctor.
Crazy --
between pink discharge, pooping, drinking enough water , walking , not lifting, now there is CRAZY HR people wanting to rain on the parade!!!
immedately ask for a copy of the disabilty form. It might be a mistake by the HR person. What are your state disability laws. Can they even expect you back at work without a Dr.s formal written release?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-07-2007, 11:19 AM

I am a legal assistant so I will be sitting. Normally I jump at the chance to lift heavy boxes, etc. If I do it, it gets done faster. I definitely will be a good girl on this one until I get the okay and we have staff to do that for us.
But basically I am seated most of the day so going back on the 20th should be okay as long as I don't do the lifting.
What kind of cooking do you do?? My son just graduated from cooking school, the CIA.
Unread 08-07-2007, 11:25 AM

dont you just love mistakes from HR? not only are you trying to recover and gain some energy, now you have to fight HR and forms, etc just so you can recover in peace!
much luck to you!
every day is getting better, but we all need to get our strength back again..little things at a time!

Brenda
TVH 7/31/07
adenomyosis,
failed ablation 1/06
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-07-2007, 11:27 AM

My hysterectomy was aug 01/2007,i feel good,only one thing that i'm so dizzy
Unread 08-07-2007, 11:34 AM

mapas are you still on pain meds???
that could make you dizzy
Unread 08-07-2007, 11:59 AM

Well...
Here's my back-to-work story.
I run a licensed home daycare...15 years.
I had been planning my surgery for over 2 years now...but just could not set aside the time or money to do it...
I take a 1 week vacation per year...but I do not charge my parents when I close down.

My plan has always been that I would schedule my surgery for summer...
My husband and I have 5 daughters between the two of us...My girls are 17 and about to turn 13 this month.
DH's are a stepdaughter that will turn 17 in September, and his two are 11 and about to turn 10.
All of our children live with 'the-other-parent'....his live 70 miles away..mine are in our same town....but our girls are with us for summer visitation.
Well..several months ago my sister, who is a school teacher in another town, offered to come run my daycare for me...so that I would not have to close down for the week of surgery and loose income...
I was so thrilled...and proud that she would offer...

My surgery was scheduled for Tuesday, July 31....
I ran my daycare as usual on Monday...sister arrived that afternoon....surgery the next morning...home from hospital on Thursday mid-morning...
My sister is telling me she doesn't know how I do this job...that she hates this job...that she wished she could go home that night but that she knew she had 1 more day.
At 5:45 p.m. her son began throwing up...stomach virus that had been making the rounds of our town...
I told her to pack up and go home...
My husband and 4 daughters ran the daycare Friday..while I barked orders from a chair...

Monday (yesterday) I am back on the job...
I sit in a chair and give instructions to my daughters: what to do at each stage of the day...
breakfast....morning on the playground...lunch...etc...

I was up all day yesterday...
'Up' meaning awake...
I sat allot...but not ALL day...
naptime is noon-3 p.m...so I stayed in the chair the entire time...reading this forum and responding to email.

At 6 p.m. I was in my p.j.'s and in my bed....feet up....
I didn't hurt like I thought I would...
I haven't lifted anything heavier than my glass of water...I sit down often....the girls do the cooking...cleaning...lifting...diaper changing....etc....
But...I am back on the job 7 a.m.- 5:30 p.m....

40 years old
Unread 08-07-2007, 12:09 PM

Wow TexasYellowJeep -- What a story hugs to your husband and daugthers for helping you out!!!
By the way, my jeep rubicon is blue!!!
Unread 08-07-2007, 12:12 PM

texasyellowjeep, I am so sorry you are having to go through all that. My mom and I had a daycare in our home for 5 years and that was such hard work! That was about all we could take and finally realized we needed different jobs. lol
I hope things get better and your kids can help a lot. Hang in there!
Unread 08-07-2007, 12:22 PM

My surgery was Aug. 2, 2007. I work in a dry cleaning plant where I am on my feet on concrete all day lifting and pulling clothes on and of over my head from presses....my work has decided I should be able to return to my normal routine by the 20th. What are your thoughts? I am beginning to feel better, other than the fact it feels like everything is going to fall out LOL. I try to get up shower and walk a bit.
Unread 08-07-2007, 12:23 PM
Ugh

Luckily for me, I'm on Social Security Disability, so I don't have to worry about work stuff (I guess when you're "dying" from breast cancer, you get some perks, LOL.)

I'm having a horrible day. I posted on the main thread, but long story short, I am having a lot of weird sensations and pain in my incision. It feels very "pulley" and kind of "squiggly" like there are things crawling in there. Is this the normal healing process for a TAH with a vertical incision that's about 10" long with 43 stinkin' staples? (

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register