Hysterectomy dates Jul 30-Aug 06,2007 - Page 17 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Jul 30-Aug 06,2007 Hysterectomy dates Jul 30-Aug 06,2007

Unread 08-07-2007, 12:25 PM
A thought

I know that most of us have our type of surgery and date, with our ages (and names) in our signatures, which makes it easier to see what the person you're replying to is dealing with. For those that don't, it would be very helpful (to me at least) to know a little about you so I can "relate."

Just a thought...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-07-2007, 12:28 PM
Hysterectomy dates Jul 30-Aug 06,2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by iwaveatcows
Wow TexasYellowJeep -- What a story hugs to your husband and daugthers for helping you out!!!
By the way, my jeep rubicon is blue!!!
I have a patriot blue Jeep Liberty Sport 4x4. LOL.
Unread 08-07-2007, 12:35 PM

Hello, well I am almost two weeks post-op. And thank goodness!!!! First order of business is my hubby and two older girls are finally going to clean the house the way I do it. I absolitely love my cousin for coming to stay with us, but at 18 she just doesn't understand that a house with three little ones needs to stay clean, and hubby, well he was just excited that he folded his second load of laundry and cleaned his second toilet. And I was too! lol.

I feel pretty good. It has been really hot here in the midwest. Topping 100 tday without humidity, so outside activity is out. My cousin and I decide to paint the dining room. It was ok, she did the high, my oldest did the low, I did the middle. I did get tired at the end and had to supervise from the chair. I was a little sore, but mostly from unused muscles.

I took a rag yesturday and cleaned off all that dang superglue off my incision. It healed on the outside great. just a very small line scar on my undie line.

The new semester starts on Monday, and I am a little worried. I set up this schedule in April, so I didn't know that I was going to actually have surgery. I will be there for 8 am - 4 pm, and carrying around all those books. Plus the stress, as if bio and English were not scarey enough.

So how is everyone else doing? Good I hope.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-07-2007, 12:36 PM

Hi Heidi,

Thank you for your email. I will call my doctor today, to see what she can do for me. I beleive I read the same artical about the ovaries going into shock.

How are you feeling?

Nina
Unread 08-07-2007, 12:44 PM

Nina, I am feeling great. I just started back up on my progesterone cream that I had started last Nov. DH didn't think that I should still be taking it after the hyster but I called doctor and she said that I can to help try and regulate my sleeping and moods.
Unread 08-07-2007, 12:58 PM
Princess Pillow Nina

Hi Heidi,

I am happy to read that you are feeling better.

It is so nice reading all the messages from the other ladies. Now I know I need to talk to my doctor about my sleeping disorder.

Nina
Unread 08-07-2007, 01:02 PM

My DH is hearing all the horror stories of DH's that star on this site where the D does not stand for DEAR and the H stands for HEAD! He is being very good at getting me set up in my bed if he has to leave the house, probably he does not want to have a post about how he is driving me crazy!!! and then read all the replys by the hyster sisters on here! I am feeling very lucky that he is working very hard to keep my business alive and growing and keeping me down in bed and fed!
Unread 08-07-2007, 01:07 PM

Hi Girls!
I am very frustrated today. My surgery was the 31st and I still have not peed on my own or had a bm! Thank you for your post MollyPolly! Also- I agree that it's nice to read the signatures!!

My nurse said yesterday to do 3 doses of Milk of Mag- yuck - when I talked to her, dinner, and at bed- and she didn't know anyone who didn't have a bm after that- Well I'm one!! I still haven't gone! She also hasn't called back, but I left a message saying I need something I don't have to drink- that stuff is disgusting AND didn't work!
I am so glad we have this forum to vent!! Thank you girls for letting me get it out (not what I need to get out!)!
Take Care!
Jennine
Unread 08-07-2007, 01:10 PM

Lizard -- even if you had LVAH and no cut you probably are NOT ready to be lifting and pulling. As much as I want to be back to lifting weights 5-6x a week I am waiting on that. Driving me crazy but I am waiting.

And your doctor, not your employer, decides when you can resume your duties. Make sure your employer understands that.

I hope you are able to work this all out. But, by all means, discuss with your doctor -- if he gives you the okay then go for it!!!

I go for follow up on the 17th and am asking WHEN can I do my weights again!!!!
Unread 08-07-2007, 01:11 PM

Hi Mapas.
My hysterectomy was the 2nd of Aug. 2007. I also feel dizzy? I am real tired & need to rest a lot(not that it happens) I'm not in too much pain other than the gas pain. Hope you're feeling well soon! Oh yea, are you getting any hot flashes? I am! Can't wait for the ovaries to kick back into action.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register