Hysterectomy dates Jul 30-Aug 06,2007 - Page 20 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Jul 30-Aug 06,2007 Hysterectomy dates Jul 30-Aug 06,2007

Unread 08-07-2007, 10:59 PM
Hysterectomy dates Jul 30-Aug 06,2007

I kept my ovaries but I am getting hot flashes too. Mostly in my hands, that is weird.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-07-2007, 11:01 PM

Welcome home Abbymonique! Now, get your rest and drink lots of water And don't lift a finger! I hope you continue to feel so great, that is awesome. Get out for a little walk if you feel up to it.
Unread 08-07-2007, 11:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MollyPolly
I have a patriot blue Jeep Liberty Sport 4x4. LOL.
I'm glad to hear from any JEEP owner....
It's funny....I am almost 41....I've only had this jeep 3 years...but...when I drive down the street, with my top off...windows and doors off.....as other vehicles pass me...my first thought is....'Bless your heart...you don't have a jeep'....
If you have a jeep...especially any type of 'open top' jeep...you understand that feeling..
My DH is the President of LONE STAR JEEP CLUB....a Dallas, Tx based jeep club...and the largest 'jeep exclusive' club in the state....I am the Membership Secretary for SOUTHWEST FOUR WHEEL DRIVE ASSOCIATION...
I also own a 1969 Jeepster Commando...also bright yellow...

As for the comment regarding childcare....
It is one of the hardest jobs I can imagine....IF YOU DO IT RIGHT....ie...actually feed the kids decent meals....play with them...watch over them....etc....
There are plenty of home sitters that do just that....SIT....on the couch while kids run wild...
Anyway....I appreciate the well wishes...
I have 2 sisters...both live several hours away....both are school teachers...so...they are out all summer...
The one was kind enough to spend a few days here while I had the surgery and was in the hospital...but as I stated in the other post...she left the same day I came home from the hospital....

I have been running my home daycare for 15 years now...and it's a tough job to choose...but I do enjoy my business.
As I said before...If I close...I don't get a paycheck...
my only alternative is to hire an assistant...and in this small town....a qualified assistant is a scarce creature to find...
I have to be so CAUTIOUS about who I invite in to my home ...and who will be responsible for my business and the health and safety of my clients....
I usually choose to take care of it myself...

I hope everyone on this forum is feeling better...I am, as all of you are....reading and making new 'friends'....in our common goal to recuperate from this life changing surgery.

I noticed on some of the recent pages comments about laughing....
I've had that issue also....it does hurt..
What about coughing...??
That is a KILLER...
I was almost completely asleep last night when all of a sudden I had a tickle in my throat and coughed....
I was on the side of the bed crying my eyes out...My DH didn't know what to do to help me...
Also...
The BM issue is great fun...I'm loving that....all the talk is certainly helping me get through .....
I've always made fun of my husband for the reading material he keeps by the toilet...and the amount of time he spends in there.....
Now I need a good book to sit there with...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-08-2007, 06:50 AM

Hi Missdsney1.
I had my LSH on the same day as you. I as too getting hot flashes!! Not liking them AT ALL. I kept my ovaries too & can't wait till they kick back into gear. It's TERRIBLE!!! I go to see the Dr. today at 9:50 this morning. Can't wait to see what he has to say. I also get TERRIBLE pressure down below. Anyone get this. Feels like I'm having a baby! It's AWFUL! Get well!
Unread 08-08-2007, 07:18 AM

getting terrible cramps and diarrea, just great, as trying to run or walk fast is bad enough..is this normal???
Unread 08-08-2007, 07:25 AM

Hi Veebs.
I also have been getting terrible cramps! It's AWFUL. Don't know what to do with them. I see my Dr. this morning so I'll ask & let you know. Good luck!
Unread 08-08-2007, 07:35 AM

Thanks eburg5, my Dr left for 2 weeks holiday, straight after my op...not back until the 16th..just left a number to ring 1 and a half hrs drive away, only in emergency...
and since i make it to the loo just...don't feel like trying to sit in the car...
cheers
Unread 08-08-2007, 08:44 AM

Hi Veebs.
Just got back from the Dr. He said that I'm healing up fine. Still have to take it easy for a couple more weeks. He told me that the cramps(rectal pressure) to take Miralax. They told me that from the start but I never got any. Well, Off to the store to do so. he said that will help A LOT with all the pressure,cramps & bowel movements. Maybe you should try it too. Maybe it'll help you too. Good luck!
Unread 08-08-2007, 09:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by missdsney1
Jazz,

Yes I did have packing...ROLLS OF IT LOL!!! It hurt so bad whe the nurse took it out. Even she was impressed at how much there was. I think they will have to re stock The pressure I feel now is like my insides are resting on my pelvic floor. When I walk I feel like they will fall out.
This evening is better.

Anyone suffering from flashes? I have had a lot of those lately. I kept my ovarys so maybe just part of the healing?

Miss
Good morning! I had A & P repair and still have some swelling but it's nowhere near the same pelvic pressure that I was feeling with my rectocele and cystocele. Maybe yours is swelling also? Make sure you do the ibuprofen also, if it was ordered cause it'll help with the swelling. And don't forget to drink lots of water to flush your system! As for the hot flashes...I was already having them before my surgery....doc took my ovaries and I'm having the hot flashes again but they are no more intense than before...and I'm not on HRT. I'm hoping to not have to do that. Hopefully your ovaries will kick back into high gear soon and you will not have anymore menopausal symptoms to deal with for many years!

Welcome to all the new post ops! Glad you made it!! Have a great day ladies!
Unread 08-08-2007, 09:52 AM

I have terrible hot flashes, in my face only, neck, etc., and I had my ovaries removed and I am on Estrace. I hope they stop SOON! My loving hubby bought me a personal fan that I hold and aim directly at my face, its GREAT!

Susan....47 and feeling every bit of it

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register