Hysterectomy dates Jul 30-Aug 06,2007 - Page 21 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Jul 30-Aug 06,2007 Hysterectomy dates Jul 30-Aug 06,2007

Unread 08-08-2007, 09:58 AM
good morning!

I had surgery last Wednesday. I spent a lot of time reading through the post-op threads yesterday. Again, this site is the greatest help! I see that many of you are going through the same things I am now, right on schedule
I am feeling pretty good now, meds are giving me really weird dreams, but staying awake until about an hour after taking them seems to help. I love the reminders from so many to walk, drink and sleep and NOTHING ELSE!! It's tough, but I am making that my goal
Take care everyone, and it's really great to be on the post-op boards
Mary
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-08-2007, 11:32 AM
back from tvh, sling, repairs on 8-06

So glad to be home, had my surgery on Monday and today's Wednesday. I spend one extra day in hospital because the anesthetic and morphine made me sick. Still don't have an appetite, but feeling pretty good. DH was great, as were the nurses. Considering going to an in-service next week (I won't have to drive).

Hope everyone else is doing well.

BTW, all my pathology reports came back fine.

sortofrunner
Unread 08-08-2007, 12:27 PM
Hysterectomy dates Jul 30-Aug 06,2007

Well, I think I was tired! Went to sleep at midnight and woke up at 10:30 this morning!
I am still having trouble getting to sleep at night but I am sure it will get better. I didn't even nap yesterday so I thought I would be out early.

Haven't gotten my walk in today but will do that soon since it is only about 75 degrees outside. Then DS and I are going to go to the Bourne movie thats out. I love those movies and have been waiting to go. I think it will be fine. I will have a 20 minute drive to get there but haven't had any pills at all for 2 whole days now so I should be fine.

Nice to see more of you popping in here!

Remember your keggels!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-08-2007, 01:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eburg5
Hi Missdsney1.
I had my LSH on the same day as you. I as too getting hot flashes!! Not liking them AT ALL. I kept my ovaries too & can't wait till they kick back into gear. It's TERRIBLE!!! I go to see the Dr. today at 9:50 this morning. Can't wait to see what he has to say. I also get TERRIBLE pressure down below. Anyone get this. Feels like I'm having a baby! It's AWFUL! Get well!

Hey eburg!

I am with you on the pressure. I have lot's of pressure in my pelvic area. That combinated with pain and the feeling my insides will drop out. I am not walking well yet. Very S-L-O-W. I am still spotting here and there. Recovery has been very hard for me. I have also been having horrible headaches! Right in the back of my head. Also dealing with a sore throat. And the list goes on. I don't know why I am not bouncing back like so many of the women I have read about on here having the same procedure as me (TVH).
I am shocked to hear the some don't even need pain meds. I am only 30 years old. Before surgery I ran 5 days a week. I am barely walking. I definately need my pain meds. Hope this turns around for me really soon.

Hope you get well soon too!!!!

Miss
Unread 08-08-2007, 01:25 PM

Hi Girls!
Sorry it's been a while- my dad and his wife came over and took me to lunch! I was happy to get out!

Guess what- my doctor finally okayed a fleet enema- said to be very careful (had anterior and posterior repairs done) and I finally pooped. I feel like a new person. It's so funny, because I've been on Percocet every 4 hours- given 30 just like one of our sisters, and was not feeling much relief! I was still in pain with that every 4 and Ibuprofen every 6. When I finally went it was time for my Percocet and I felt woozy again- like I did in the hospital and I had no pain! I think all that stuff in me was absorbing all my meds and I wasn't getting the relief!

Also- I peed on my own for the first time this afternoon. It was so funny because my dh came in and I was so excited- I was yelling "I peed!!" I only got out 50 ml and had to cath 450, but it's a start!!

Thank you to everyone for your advise and good wishes!!

So, I am having a very good day- I took my last Percocet at 11, so I'm going to take some Vicodin from one of my prior surgeries if I need it. Right now I'm feeling good (still a little loopy from the Percocet I took at 11!).
I'm glad to see new people- this site has been such a blessing!! All the wonderful support- and it's good reading!!

Oh, the sister who wrote- had a TVH and no weight restrictions- YES- you too should not lift more than 3 to 5 pounds the first 6 weeks!! I can't believe no one told you!!

Hope everyone it taking good care of themselves!!

Take Care!

Jennine
Unread 08-08-2007, 01:50 PM

Jazz, Are you doing better! I am on day 6 now and finally am seeing the other side of pain now! That gas was the worst pain of all and the fear of that BM. I found that if you stand and bend over the toilet instead of sitting and bearing down , it relieves a lot of the pain, worked well for me! i ate prunes for 3 days before and after surgery, worked well for me! I am doing well, episiotomy was a surprise, but almost healed, now I can sit and be comforatble. Almost done with pain meds..doing much better!
Unread 08-08-2007, 02:05 PM

I had my LAH last Thursday. Had some complications and finally came home late Saturday afternoon. Although my doctor briefed me on just about everything, he forgot to tell me about the swelly belly! My right side was swollen all around to my back. It is finally starting to go down in my back , but I still wearing my husband's shorts, because I can't wear mine!

I had to had the LAH (kept my ovaries and cervix), but it wasn't after three years of trying every other possible alternative. I'm still having a hard time mentally adjusting to the fact that I had it and have a hard time just saying the "H" word. My husband has been VERY supportive. But has anyone else had this problem?

Thanks - D
Unread 08-08-2007, 02:50 PM

Hi Ladies!!!! It's been awhile...my mom has been here and I have spent the last days just sleeping, drinking water, eating, walking, walking , walking, and finally having normal bm's. I feel surprisingly good, but maybe that's because I was feeling bad before the surgery. It seems not so bad now to be on the upswing! I finished the first Harry Potter book and am on the second (of course the earlier posts about "being on the potter" make this so amusing now!).

Hugs and healing thoughts to everyone! And keep some ice on those swelly bellies...at least it is helping me....

D - I'm feeling okay about the H word, I guess I was prepared for the fact of it. But the surgery did happen very fast this time (second surgery). I'm more distressed over upcoming hormone issues...what will it be like on HRT, what dosage, how will I feel.

It is comforting to know we are not alone, and countless other women have had to deal with this. The way I figure it, it's a good thing women have these issues rather than men...can you imagine if guys had to go through surgery like this??? They'd be such wimps!!! Not that it's good any of us have to go through this, but...well, I hope you know what I mean!
Princesses rule!!!
Unread 08-08-2007, 03:14 PM

A quick timeline of the week surrounding my surgery:
Saturday: husband's sister died
Tuesday: surgery
Friday: daughter becomes homeless and shows up on our doorstep with her two boys
Today: husband lost job

Help!
Unread 08-08-2007, 03:25 PM

Wow, that is quite a week you have had. Hugs. I am sorry for all your turmoil and hope you continue to heal and do well in spite of all the stress.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register